Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

macOS 10.15.7. The App resides in a Folder on the Desktop

I have tested it and it seems that there is no problem and the automatic upgrade works fine.
I have logged the issue, I will check the code later and will keep an eye on the issue.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Automated Update still doesn't work for me.

/Users/USER/Desktop/*/OCAuxiliaryTools.app/Contents/MacOS/OCAuxiliaryTools

I read the log you provided, see above. I'm guessing it has something to do with this "*" folder? Generally speaking, "*" is a special character that is not usually used in the names of files and folders.
If you replace the "*" with another normal letter, you should be fine.
I will keep an eye on this issue.

11 minutes ago, ic005k said:

/Users/USER/Desktop/*/OCAuxiliaryTools.app/Contents/MacOS/OCAuxiliaryTools

I read the log you provided, see above. I'm guessing it has something to do with this "*" folder? Generally speaking, "*" is a special character that is not usually used in the names of files and folders.
If you replace the "*" with another normal letter, you should be fine.
I will keep an eye on this issue.

OCAT resides in a Folder called "OC Tools" on my desktop. But if the Update is downloaded/applied your app creates an Empty Folder on my Desktop called "OC" I didn't create any folder called "*" on my own.

Edited by 5T33Z0

32 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

OCAT resides in a Folder called "OC Tools" on my desktop.

It may be caused by a space in "OC Tools", you can change it to "OCTools" to remove the space and it should be fine.
If this is the case, it is a bug in OCAT, I will follow up on this bug later.

@ic005k Thanks for your reply.

• I renamed the Folder to "OCTools"
  • Uninstalled V20210930 with App Cleaner
  • Downloaded V20210929
  • Put it in OCTools
  • Updated it using the incremental update feature
  • Now it works

As assumed, seems like it doesn't like spaces in folder names

@ic005k I have a question about the "Synchronize functionality": to what build of OpenCore does this update to? The latest available nightly built or the latest official release on the github?

I think it would be great if you could switch between "official" Release and a "dev" mode . Especially useful for troubleshooting other people's configs.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, junaed.rx said:

Incremental update from windows is not working for me.

It may be a bug in OCAT, please check if the path where OCAT is located contains any spaces?

5 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I think it would be great if you could switch between "official" Release and a "dev" mode .

I will consider these suggestions, thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, ic005k said:
2 hours ago, junaed.rx said:

Incremental update from windows is not working for me.

It may be a bug in OCAT, please check if the path where OCAT is located contains any spaces?

Actually, I checked before posting if it related to the previous comments problem. But unfortunately it is not.

I am facing this problem on windows since the incremental update introduced. On macOS incremental update works as expected.

On windows when I click the download button on update window. The program crash when try to download the update.

If you need I am willing to test it further. But I don't know how to grab logs from windows for this app.

10 minutes ago, junaed.rx said:

On windows when I click the download button on update window. The program crash when try to download the update.

What is your Windows version, Win10 or Win11, I will check this part of the code.
Also, the crash log under Windows is not available at the moment.

That is to say, when you click "Download" on the update prompt page, the program crashes and the page with the download progress bar does not appear at all?

3 minutes ago, ic005k said:

What is your Windows version, Win10 or Win11, I will check this part of the code.

I am running windows 10

4 minutes ago, ic005k said:

That is to say, when you click "Download" on the update prompt page, the program crashes and the page with the download progress bar does not appear at all?

Download progress bar shows for a split second but looks inactive. like grayed out. then the app terminated all together. 

3 minutes ago, junaed.rx said:

Download progress bar shows for a split second but looks inactive. like grayed out. then the app terminated all together. 

Okay, understand. I will check this part of the program code, thanks for providing such detailed information.

• Like 1