Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

Not to prolong the 'which OC Configurator is better' - This is a screen shot from the Mackie one and as you can clearly see this entry was entered involuntarily by the app which is completely wrong, 'Boolean' should be either Yes or No.

Spoiler

1742501645_ScreenShot2020-12-13at14_46_49.png.3e7cea9069dafb89e83f442569b98d5c.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Not to prolong the 'which OC Configurator is better' - This is a screen shot from the Mackie one and as you can clearly see this entry was entered involuntarily by the app which is completely wrong, 'Boolean' should be either Yes or No.

Reveal hidden contents

1742501645_ScreenShot2020-12-13at14_46_49.png.3e7cea9069dafb89e83f442569b98d5c.png

Thank you for the explanation.

• Like 1

Spoiler

@ic005k - Hi I have a slight query and hopefully you can explain. I have doing a series of test by building different EFI Folders with the 'QtOpenCoreConfig' app and came across an entry that was not in my original config.plist that was ported over. Each time I use the 'Sample.plist' and not the 'Custom' which I know contains more data. I must add when I use OC Validate, it showed all ok also when I removed these entries all was still ok. I like to keep my config.plists as light as possible by removing data not attributed or relevant to my system, so if you can enlighten as why the adage or if it was design. Thanks.

Edit: Ok I think I can answer my query here, under DataHub in the app I can delete all the entries there unticking automatic which in turn will omit that entry in the config.plist.

Spoiler

1102289891_ScreenShot2020-12-13at17_07_54.thumb.png.872f9060baaf4b0ee80ccd8ad7484197.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 17.18.44.png

Edited by eSaF

11 hours ago, Mirone said:

Here it is, I hope you like it:

Ok, it seems that everyone like your design of this icon, please attach ICNS, ICO, PNG Package Upload. Also tell me Your name and what region or country you are from, and I will include information about the icon designer in the ‘about’ section of the APP. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi I have a slight query and hopefully you can explain. I have doing a series of test by building different EFI Folders with the 'QtOpenCoreConfig' app and came across an entry that was not in my original config.plist that was ported over. Each time I use the 'Sample.plist' and not the 'Custom' which I know contains more data. I must add when I use OC Validate, it showed all ok also when I removed these entries all was still ok. I like to keep my config.plists as light as possible by removing data not attributed or relevant to my system, so if you can enlighten as why the adage or if it was design. Thanks.

I see what you mean. It was designed to retain the previous data such as the Datahub when using Automatic, and to use the DataHub again without having to re-enter the data.
In the next release I will make an option for the user to choose whether or not to keep the data from the Datahub. Thank you for your feedback.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ic005k said:

I see what you mean. It was designed to retain the previous data such as the Datahub when using Automatic, and to use the DataHub again without having to re-enter the data.
In the next release I will make an option for the user to choose whether or not to keep the data from the Datahub. Thank you for your feedback.

Like I said it did not cause a problem and the option to add it or not is already there, I just missed it as I assumed the app would only add what I ported over from the old config.plist so it is all good no sweat. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Like I said it did not cause a problem and the option to add it or not is already there, I just missed it as I assumed the app would only add what I ported over from the old config.plist so it is all good no sweat.

This feature has been added, please download the latest version. As for the app icon, we’ll have to wait for a response from the designer, and the app icon will probably be updated in the next release.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ic005k said:

This feature has been added, please download the latest version. As for the app icon, we’ll have to wait for a response from the designer, and the app icon will probably be updated in the next release.

Appreciate the hard work and thoughtfulness, you're the best. :thumbsup_anim:

21 minutes ago, Mirone said:

Do you need a specific size?

No special size is required. Well, the easiest way is to give me a 1024x1024 png file and I will do the rest.

21 minutes ago, Mirone said:

Do you need a specific size?

In general, the maximum icns is 1024x1024, and ico (used under Windows) and png (used under Linux) are 256x256.

Edited by ic005k

V20201217

1. the app icon has been optimized
2. Synchronized the help documents to the latest
3. Prepare for OC0.6.5. Once new options or contents are added to the plist file of OC0.6.5, immediately switch to 0.6.5 (the current plist file of 0.6.5 does not add any new options or contents)

• Like 1

@ic005k - Hi I very much hope I am not being a PITA but can I bring to your attention this small perhaps needed minor update to OpenCore Configurator. The entry 'DeduplicateBootOrder' is now removed from version OC 0.6.5 but OC Validate in the app looks for it and reports it as missing, I dares say it is nothing an update won't fix. :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

1197667255_ScreenShot2020-12-23at19_54_37.thumb.png.d5745314bd6c62d111084cf176c40407.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

@ic005k - Hi I very much hope I am not being a PITA but can I bring to your attention this small perhaps needed minor update to OpenCore Configurator. The entry 'DeduplicateBootOrder' is now removed from version OC 0.6.5 but OC Validate in the app looks for it and reports it as missing, I dares say it is nothing an update won't fix. :thumbsup_anim:

Reveal hidden contents

1197667255_ScreenShot2020-12-23at19_54_37.thumb.png.d5745314bd6c62d111084cf176c40407.png

Of course, I will update it and officially switch to 0.6.5 in the next version. Thanks for reminding me!

• Thanks 1

On 2020/12/13 at PM10点56分, eSaF said:

不要延长“哪种OC Configurator更好”-这是Mackie的屏幕截图,并且您可以清楚地看到该条目是由应用程序非自愿输入的,这是完全错误的,“ Boolean”应为Yes或No。

隐藏内容

image.png.2882ecc7ff6a58e37c57a6927a15108f.png

I would like to say that any software will continue to fix bugs, should have an inclusive attitude!

1 minute ago, ic005k said:

@eSaF@SherlocksIn view of your constructive comments on the file structure of config.plist, your continuous tracking and use of app, and pointing out detailed problems, you will be included in the list of app contributors. Congratulations and thanks!

Sir may I say whilst your commendation is greatly accepted, I am just thankful to you for a great app that makes OC less daunting for newbies to OpenCore. 

• Thanks 1

V20201225

• Rewrite the UI and return to the native classic of MacOS, so as to solve a long-standing UI bug: the first button click in MacOS11 is invalid (no response).

• Added a list of contributors (in terms of config.plist file structure)

• Like 1