Jump to content

Open source cross-platform OpenCore auxiliary tools


181 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am quite impressed with this Configurator App although I tend to stay away from using configurators and rely only on Plist Editors. I decided to test drive this one and found it to be quite useful for beginners to edit an OC config.plist relatively easy, so congratulations on the app.

  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@ic005k - Hi I forgot to ask does this Configurator App contain a builtin update notification or does one have to visit GitHub for clarification? - Thanks.

Sorry, there is currently no built-in update reminder. You must visit github to download and update.

  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Added: Check for updates

Brilliant !!!!!!!!!! and well done, now it is just perfect. :thumbsup_anim:

 

Edit - Hi I don't know if this is just my system. but there seems to be a bug with this update. It will not launch whereas the previous version was ok. I tried with SIP enabled/disabled also Gatekeeper (see attached) still no joy.

Spoiler

880243372_ScreenShot2020-12-11at10_25_55.png.d9807e0575564af6925dfbe09e3ad86c.png1507987897_ScreenShot2020-12-11at10_41_46.png.b6d3c67c5be3323ce4fab9501c176d2c.png

 

Edited by eSaF
59 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Edit - Hi I don't know if this is just my system. but there seems to be a bug with this update. It will not launch whereas the previous version was ok. I tried with SIP enabled/disabled also Gatekeeper (see attached) still no joy.

Is the file broken? Please download again.

6 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Is the file broken? Please download again.

Thanks for the swift reply - Ok will try as you suggested, I just tried the previous version and that worked perfectly as before, will report back with progress.

 

Edit - Just D/Loaded fresh again and still the same warnings at launch but previous version is ok - see attached.

Spoiler

1599822025_ScreenShot2020-12-11at11_17_34.thumb.png.c079489d5fd2d1f7cd3c9c35f221cb64.png

 

Edited by eSaF
1 minute ago, eSaF said:

Thanks for the swift reply - Ok will try as you suggested, I just tried the previous version and that worked perfectly as before, will report back with progress.

Oh oh , it's my problem, new features have been added, but some library files may be missing in the package? very sorry!

  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Absolutely Perfect now!!!!!!!!, big thanks for taking the time, Kudos my friend. :thumbsup_anim:

 

On a lighter note what is the thought behind choosing the App's Icon? Because I recommended the app to a few newcomers to OC, whilst they liked the app very much, they disliked the Icon as they think that it belies a great app. My take really is, as long as it does what it says I am happy. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by eSaF
2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Absolutely Perfect now!!!!!!!!, big thanks for taking the time, Kudos my friend. :thumbsup_anim:

 

On a lighter note what is the thought behind choosing the App's Icon? Because I recommended the app to a few newcomers to OC, whilst they liked the app very much, they disliked the Icon as they think that it belies a great app. My take really is, as long as it does what it says I am happy. :thumbsup_anim:

This icon does not have any special meaning, just find one at random, ha ha. Can you help recommend an icon or design an icon? Thank you.

  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

hope code identation change(code style) like other plist apps.

This code indentation problem, I will look into it later. Because it is a built-in style of Qt development tools, if you need to customize it, it may take some time and effort.
But I feel that Qt's code indentation is much more elegant than xcode. Based on the plist file editor developed by Xcode, their code indentation is very empty and not compact. Hmm, this is just the characteristic of each development tool.
Everything can be improved.

  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Can you help recommend an icon or design an icon? Thank you.

Unfortunately I am not that clever enough to design or even suggest an alternative, like I said as long as it does what it says I am happy with the way it functions. :thumbsup_anim:

  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, ic005k said:

This icon does not have any special meaning, just find one at random, ha ha. Can you help recommend an icon or design an icon? Thank you.

 

if you like it .. its the one i use for myself :)

Here

 

I would like to ask also for a change on how all 3 apps you made store their preferences. since in all $HOME should be present a .config folder also used for this by many others applications, if it doesn't bother you would it be possible to change the directory for your .ini files there?

just to keep it clean...

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ic005k said:

This icon does not have any special meaning, just find one at random, ha ha. Can you help recommend an icon or design an icon? Thank you.

I can help you with that, I hope to have some time on the weekend and maybe we can think of something together.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

I would like to ask also for a change on how all 3 apps you made store their preferences. since in all $HOME should be present a .config folder also used for this by many others applications, if it doesn't bother you would it be possible to change the directory for your .ini files there?

just to keep it clean...

Okay, I will standardize these .ini configuration files.

11 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

if you like it .. its the one i use for myself

I plan to adopt it, thank you very much!

10 hours ago, Mirone said:

I can help you with that, I hope to have some time on the weekend and maybe we can think of something together.

Looking forward to it, thank you!

  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, ic005k said:

V2020.12.12

1. Changed the app icon, thanks @LAbyOne
2. Put the .ini configuration file into the .config/QtOCC directory

Impressive!!! - Well suited to a great app, big thanks to @LAbyOne and your self. :thumbsup_anim:

1 hour ago, luky35 said:

Which application is more perfect for editing config.plist "OpenCore Configurator or QtOpenCoreConfig"?

Thanks.

I think you can try both of these apps, and finally see which app is more suitable for you.

6 hours ago, ic005k said:

I think you can try both of these apps, and finally see which app is more suitable for you.

If I may jump in, having tried both I would say the QtOpencore Configurator app is the better choice (without prejudice). The OC OpenCore Configurator sometimes will add unwanted data entries to your selection which has been reported by a few users.

  • Like 1
  • ic005k changed the title to Open source cross-platform OpenCore auxiliary tools

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...