Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

I guess I am confused as how this is supposed to operate. According to the readme:

How to upgrade OC automatically? (Very simple, only two steps)

• Drag and drop the configuration file onto the OCAT interface and click "Save" on the toolbar.
  • Then click "Upgrade OC Main Program" on the toolbar, a "Synchronize OC" interface will appear, Click the "Start Sync" button below to finish the OC upgrade.

I may be blind, but I don't see 

"Upgrade OC Main Program" on the toolbar

If I copy my existing config file to a brand new OC directory and open it from there synchronize activates, but then it cannot find half of the kexts online. If I open the config file within my original OC folder synchronize does not activate. Am I missing something?

Edit: I think I got it. It needs the whole EFI structure not just the OC folder

Edited by startergo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, startergo said:

It is not necessary for the ESP to be mounted.

I am sorry but this is wrong, as stated the ESP must be mounted to enable OCAT to scan the files, that way you can see at a glance any misalignments in the config.plist using the builtin OCValidate plus using the synchronising tab will also enable you to see what Drivers and kexts may need updating.

45 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I am sorry but this is wrong, as stated the ESP must be mounted to enable OCAT to scan the files, that way you can see at a glance any misalignments in the config.plist using the builtin OCValidate plus using the synchronising tab will also enable you to see what Drivers and kexts may need updating.

What I said is that the contents of the ESP can be copied elsewhere and it can be set as a working directory and later pasted back to the ESP. There is no nececity to work directly on the ESP therefore it is not necessary to be mounted during the update. 

@startergo What you said was "Sync is not available".

1. It's true that you can download an EFI Folder from somewhere and then open the config in OCAT and sync it because you have access to the files, since they are accessible on the disc. Or you can copy the EFI folder from the ESP to the desktop or elsewhere and update it this way and sync will be available
  2. What's not true is your 2nd statement: "There is no nececity [sic!] to work directly on the ESP therefore it is not necessary to be mounted during the update."  This deductions is completely wrong and illogical. You cannot update something if you don't have access to the files you want to update. And you don't have access to the files if you don't mount the ESP to make the files accessible to the system, specifically OCAT. In other words: No mount = no access to the files = no sync function. Simple as that.

6 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@startergo What you said was "Sync is not available".

1. It's true that you can download an EFI Folder from somewhere and then open the config in OCAT and sync it because you have access to the files, since they are accessible on the disc. Or you can copy the EFI folder from the ESP to the desktop or elsewhere and update it this way and sync will be available
  2. What's not true is your 2nd statement: "There is no nececity [sic!] to work directly on the ESP therefore it is not necessary to be mounted during the update."  This deductions is completely wrong and illogical. You cannot update something if you don't have access to the files you want to update. And you don't have access to the files if you don't mount the ESP to make the files accessible to the system, specifically OCAT. In other words: No mount = no access to the files = no sync function. Simple as that.

Why would someone assume that he can update the ESP partition without mounting the ESP folder? This is completely off topic. The topic is the OpenCore update/upgrade program. 

• 2 weeks later...

@ic005k New Settings/Keys for UEFI > Audio in latest nightly build:

<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AudioCodec</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>AudioDevice</key>
            <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</string>
            <key>AudioOutMask</key>
            <integer>1</integer>
            <key>AudioSupport</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DisconnectHda</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MaximumGain</key>
            <integer>-15</integer>
            <key>MinimumAssistGain</key>
            <integer>-30</integer>
            <key>MinimumAudibleGain</key>
            <integer>-55</integer>
            <key>PlayChime</key>
            <string>Auto</string>
            <key>ResetTrafficClass</key>
            <false/>
            <key>SetupDelay</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
        </dict>

Edited by 5T33Z0

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ic005k said:

Can you go into details? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Clover.

To make it easier for transferring OC SMBIOS  to Clover and visa versa

Otherwise iCloud needs to be redone when testing/installing.

No big deal but trying to make it more user friendly

because at the moment its quite messy.

6 hours ago, ic005k said:

@STLVNUB Function has been added, please download the latest version.

Good Job works a treat.

Just for other users who may want to use this feature.

You will need to copy SMBIOS section from Clovers config.plist and save it as SMBIOS.plist

You can use any xml editor to do this.

Edited by STLVNUB

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ic005k said:

2. Online automatic update of OC's nightly version.

Bravo!!! This is the one feature I was particularly interested in and waiting for. Seriously this app is a giant piece of kit to have. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2