Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

Just now, ic005k said:

Please download the beta version below and then select "Download Upgrade Package" under the "Help" menu to test it.

https://github.com/ic005k/QtOpenCoreConfig/suites/3901663804/artifacts/97345406

This one works.

Download Upgrade Package from help menu downloads 5mb package. and close and upgrade also working.

• Like 1

@ic005k I think there is an issue with the field "ConsoleMode". It is supposed to be left blank. But OCAT sets it to Max automatically. And if you delete it  will not be deleted and remain as "Max" in the config.

Guest 5T33Z0

@ic005k like the new "Presets" feature. It would be cool to have a "Add to presets" function to build a database of ACPI Patches for example and sync it with github maybe.

22 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

It would be cool to have a "Add to presets" function to build a database of ACPI Patches for example and sync it with github maybe.

The "preset" feature is completely open and you can edit it.
Click "Open database directory" on the toolbar, and there will be a "preset" directory with files such as DPAdd.plist, which you can edit just like config.plist.
You can also feel free to submit new presets in the post, and I will summarize them and put them on Github. Or you can submit them in OCAT's Github issues.

Guest 5T33Z0

@ic005k Suggestion: separate Plus/Minus buttons from up/down buttons to avoid accidentally hitting minus (-) instead of (↑):

1974265450_Bildschirmfoto1.png.011d881a8204b0a4d7d72d0cfe296934.png

Edited by 5T33Z0

Guest 5T33Z0

@ic005k OCAT killed my config. I forgot to close the app after saving. Then I rebooted and the config was corrupted:

Beginning of file:

749774618_Bildschirmfoto2.png.dd5f1a133347f9cd9aae628acaba68f0.png

>> Header is ****ed.

Then I tried fixing it and noticed that it had been after the End of the file:

1628774219_Bildschirmfoto1.png.49f99258cc20ff7b33b16038d521134d.png

Anyway, I couldn't reconstruct the plist. Luckily, I had a backup. But this is a serious issue.

13 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

OCAT killed my config. I forgot to close the app after saving. Then I rebooted and the config was corrupted

This problem will never happen, whether you save or not, OCAT will not damage your profile without turning it off. You can test it again.
There is a possibility that your configuration file is being opened by other software at the same time, which may cause your configuration file to be corrupted.
In any case, I will keep an eye on this issue and appreciate the feedback.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ic005k said:

This problem will never happen, whether you save or not, OCAT will not damage your profile without turning it off.

Absolutely!!! Testing the app from it's very first introduction, I have never come across this problem, as long as all changes made has been saved, whether opened or closed it has never corrupted my config.plist. I think the corruption our friend is talking about possibly came about by other means.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, junaed.rx said:

Now we have to use string with YES or NO value.

Although the value is "YES" or "NO", its data type is still "string", so it is not a Boolean type.
But I am not sure if it is necessary to add a boolean data type, if it is necessary, I will add it, it is very simple.

4 hours ago, ic005k said:

Although the value is "YES" or "NO", its data type is still "string", so it is not a Boolean type.
But I am not sure if it is necessary to add a boolean data type, if it is necessary, I will add it, it is very simple.

I agree also it is not necessary, a Simple YES/NO is suffice. Whilst the latest adages has complemented the app to be much better, we maybe in danger of over complication by adding unnecessary or unwarranted functions. That is my opinion. 

• Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0
19 hours ago, ic005k said:

So far, I haven't seen any keys in Boolean in the NVRAM Section. And I don't know if OpenCore could interpret the value of a key if you switched it to boolean – even if it's just about "true" or "false".

6 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

So far, I haven't seen any keys in Boolean in the NVRAM Section. And I don't know if OpenCore could interpret the value of a key if you switched it to boolean – even if it's just about "true" or "false".

Actually I also don't care about it that much. I noticed it when I tried to set NVRAM variable of HibernationFixup.kext per it's documentaion. Where it mentioned bunch of NVRAM variables with boolean type. That's why I thought, for the sake of fine tuning of OCAT, this could be included. Nothing more. Here is the link: HibernationFixup. See NVRAM Options section. 

• Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0

Region in System Settings is set to German. I think this issue only occurs after saving the file and then rebooting without quitting the app.