Open source cross-platform OpenCore Auxiliary Tools(OCAT)

ic005k
571 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

for now if i pick dev in the drop down ocat changes to 82, if i pick debug it goes back to 78, 

deleted oc hidden folder as per instruction, not sure why 78 seems so prev but at least with Edit opencore dev it changes

ironically i have opencore version 83 and beta kext so not sure why ocat aux tools does not reflect the actual opencore efi folder with opencore version 83 

thanks for helping out

Hi, sorry to interrupt but it's strange the latest version reverts to an older one. Just as a matter of interest, have you maybe got more than one OS X versions running in a multi-boot setup with an older OCAT version somewhere there? Because if you followed the advice @5T33Z0 offered in his post by cleaning the troublesome version from your system and then installing the latest version, then you should have no problem unless it is picking up old OCAT data stored elsewhere on the machine.

• Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0

@fuzzylogic Well, that's becaus the DEBUG version of OpenCoere stored in your DATABASE is still on Version 078! You need to update that as well. SAME INSTRUCTIONS (STEPS 9 to 11) apply!

OCAT can download and install 4 variants of OpenCore:

Release (has its own version)

Release Debug (has its own version)

Dev (has its own version)

Dev Debug (has its own version)

ALL these VARIANTS have to be downloaded and present in the DATABASE so the correct and latest version is displayed – there is an error message displayed it it is not present.

And if you would have read my guide on github you would know all this!

Thankyou for your help, i have both monterey and ventura on one nvme but both use the same EFI folder. I have loaded up Monterey and checked for hidden files and folders OCAT was never installed on Monterey in order to boot Ventura the EFI file and kext had to be updated to EFI 83 with Beta kext otherwise Ventura would not install. I am sure over time I will figure out what is going on, its not the case that version 78 of opencore exist, as Ventura would not install or run

thankyou once again it is very much appreciated

• Confused 1

Guest 5T33Z0

It doesn't matter, if you use the same EFI folder or not. This is NOT ABUT THE EFI FOLDER, ITS ABOUT THE APP, more specifically: its DATABASE. It can store 4 different variants of OpenCore (as explained already). And this Database is installed somewhere on your system, if you ever downloaded an OpenCore update through OCAT.

If OCAT was never installed on the Monterey disk, why did you look for hidden OCAT folder on that drive in the first place– it makes absolutely no sense to do that…

Since you have 083 installed, you need to switch the App to DEV mode and download the latest build so it's in the DATABASE, SO that the correct version is displayed. I don't know what's so hard to understand about it

Hi and thankyou for taking the time to reply, I had big sur and Monterey on one nvme, I removed big sur and installed ventura I assumed that becaue Big sur was the startup because this was the first os installed, then monterey and formating big sur would remove all traces of Big Sur, so I now have ventura and Monterey on one nvme, I checked and did find a hidden folder for ocat but thought it may well have been the new ocat considering big sur partition was wiped .

I manually downloaded opencore 83 and beta kext and replaced the EFI folder, when I went to check the EFI folder due to a change in one Kext I found I was stuck on ocat version 78 no matter what i did i could only update to version 78. I then tried dev and get opencore latest and now the ocat reports version 82, but i know that version 83 beta is installed as I have a backup on the desktop, anyway at least i now seem to have ocat report version 82 which technically is incorrect given that the installed version is 83, I am happy enough that it no longer shows ocat 78.

I appreciate your help at least now it reports 82, it would have been a nice touch if opencore displayed the boot version

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 22.46.30.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Guest ricoc90

@fuzzylogic The version number is not reflecting the version of OpenCore on your EFI, but the github repo OCAT is using. It is showing 0.8.2 because you haven't selected Dev:

ocaux.png.2032e04149cc17e7cfeb41d17c12ba8d.png

ocsync.png.8edf46cad874ad8c0b33f43e193146f4.png

Edited by ricoc90

Guest 5T33Z0

@ricoc90 Don't waste your time, I already explained this to him at least 5 times already… I even added it to my OpenCore updade guide.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Guest 5T33Z0

There's currently a bug in OCAT where disabling "LoadEarly" settings are not applied to the config.plist (although it looks like it). Should be set to "false" when unchecked.

24088907_Bildschirmfoto2022-07-29um07_42_29.thumb.png.5bfd9ef3efa05e18b958c85388fa9158.png

Guest 5T33Z0

The "LoadEarly" issue has been fixed in the latest update (20220229)

I've check the manual: the LoadEarly feature is only required for emulated n NVRAM, which requires "OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi". In this case you have to enable "LoadEarly" for this as well as for "OpenRuntime.efi"

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

The "LoadEarly" issue has been fixed in the latest update (20220229)

Yea the last version caused me a non-boot before I figured what was happening, usually I do a manual cross check after a OC update with PlistEdit Pro but on this occasion I didn't and OCAT let me down. All is well now after the bug fix.

• Like 2

I don't use OCAT (just my preference), but I am occasionally debugging config.plists that have been generated with OCAT. Does OCAT include an option to export a "sanitized" config.plist that excludes PlatformInfo > Generic > MLB, ROM, etc. so that it can be shared in a public forum?  If not, maybe it should?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Olroy said:

It's normal ? The version I use in windows 10 (20220236) tells me a threat (virus?). Windows Defendeur refuses and deletes it!

Turn off that idiot Virus Protection nothing but troubles, run two firewalls one with all the trimmings and the other to protect from outside intrusion such as ping monster, double packer, so forth. 

Microsoft micro manager system is junk ruins your privacy.  

Edited by makk
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Anybody tell me, please, is it normal that the program shows the version of OpenCore 0.78 at the top left at the first launch, although now the latest version is 0.87?

I seem to have figured out how to change this, I am interested in exactly what is displayed at the first launches of the program without applying any settings

81503b198883ddfab53b66081e87d4ff.png

1 hour ago, Drovosek said:

Anybody tell me, please, is it normal that the program shows the version of OpenCore 0.78 at the top left at the first launch, although now the latest version is 0.87?

I think that's normal until the data base within is updated to the latest OC version.

On 12/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, Drovosek said:

Hello.

I seem to have figured out how to change this, I am interested in exactly what is displayed at the first launches of the program without applying any settings

81503b198883ddfab53b66081e87d4ff.png

1381163611_ScreenShot2022-12-09at4_33_02PM.thumb.jpg.6df5d9b6fb0cccdb8191999329c48570.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@ic005k The OCAT is really great, so far the best I've seen to manage OC config.plist files. I do have a question: how can I edit the config file in OCAT without OCAT erasing the "EnableForAll" entries that I add in ACPI and Booter Quirks when I'm using the OpenCore MOD version?

• 2 months later...

Hi @ic005k

Thank your for your tool.

Is it possible to add number commit to Opencore zip: for example, Opencore-0-9-0_ba22024_RELEASE.zip instead of Opencore-0-9-0-RELEASE.zip 😊 in this way we can identify each build

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have ported OCAT to Qt 6

https://github.com/andyvand/OCAuxiliaryTools

• Like 3

Built binaries using Qt 6.

- ARM64 and X86_64 macOS

- X86 Windows (Win32)

- AMD64 Windows (Win64)

- ARM64 Windows (WinARM64)

Download:

https://github.com/andyvand/OCAuxiliaryTools/releases/tag/20240002

OCAT_Mac.png

OCAT_Win.png

Edited by Andy Vandijck
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Out of curiosity I tried it and received this at startup

Spoiler

PXL_20230825_194429176.thumb.jpg.d0223e034e916766aaceb9c2c238d6f4.jpg

I don't know if it was my mistake but by reinstalling the official version, it started correctly

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1