5T33Z0

Lenovo T530 won't turn on, after changing Advanced Bios Settings

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a lenovo T530 Laptop with an unlocked BIOS that I had jailbroken with 1vyrain in order to install a Broadcom wifi card to work with macos which worked fine. The unloco adds an extra entry in the BIOS called "Advanced".

Anyway, I got curious and started playing with the bios settings. Last setting I changed was for the display panel which I changed from 18 to 24 bit RGB.

After rebooting I got an error beep code which I believe is 3x short, 2x long, 3x short.

So I removed the battery, removed the keyboard and unplugged the yellow cmos battery from the board and let it sit for half an hour but the issue remaibs after trying to boot it again, as if the cmos reset doesnt have an effect.

Did I do the CMOS reset wrong maybe or is it bricked now?

Advertisement

I think, I've found the corresponding Beep Error Code in the Manual: "Three short beeps, pause, one short beep, pause, one more short beep, pause, and three short beeps"

"FRU, or action in Sequence": Remove the installed PCI devices.

Which PCI Devices would that be? Everything attached to the Board?

Common sense dictates that it is that unsupported wireless card of course... Hardware not supported by the whitelist will prevent computer to complete POST.

Okay, I try removing it. But like I said before, this bios is unlocked , so there's no whitelisting going on. But I hope you are right.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:41 AM, 5T33Z0 said:

Okay, I try removing it. But like I said before, this bios is unlocked , so there's no whitelisting going on. But I hope you are right.

if your problem has not yet been resolved, then do this:

As Hervé already mentioned, you have to remove the hardware that does not match to your system.
then remove the RAM memory cards and start your laptop without the RAM memory card. After a few beeps,

switch off your laptop and insert the memory card into slots, then the cmos should be finally reset to the

factory settings and then your laptop should start normally again.

I have to reflash the BIOS with a programmer. Like I said before, there is no incompatible hardware in this system!