iMark64

iMark64

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys

First post here my Hack is driving me insane. So I guess I'm in the right place! First post hope to get an answer.

Motherboard Gigabyte Designaire Z390 revision 1 bios F9b. Opencore 0.59 macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Bios set to right time. But when I get to OS login screen, time is an hour behind. After about 5 seconds time is synced once connected to internet and is fine.

However if I restart and go back into bios time is an hour behind.

Changed cmos battery and cleared the cmos as well. Not dual booting with Windows. Saw that as an issue.

Hope I've posted in the right forum.

Opencore was a dream to install. Followed the superb documentation to the letter. Can one of you kind geniuses please help.

Thank you so much.

16 minutes ago, iMark64 said:

Hi guys

First post here my Hack is driving me insane. So I guess I'm in the right place! First post hope to get an answer.

Motherboard Gigabyte Designaire Z390 revision 1 bios F9b. Opencore 0.59 macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Bios set to right time. But when I get to OS login screen, time is an hour behind. After about 5 seconds time is synced once connected to internet and is fine.

However if I restart and go back into bios time is an hour behind.

Changed cmos battery and cleared the cmos as well. Not dual booting with Windows. Saw that as an issue.

Hope I've posted in the right forum.

Opencore was a dream to install. Followed the superb documentation to the letter. Can one of you kind geniuses please help.

Thank you so much.

Welcome -  Are you dual booting with Windows by any chance? (The BIOS time is always an hour behind in any case I think). If you're dual booting with windows there is always a discrepancy in time between the two which is easily fixed.

22 minutes ago, iMark64 said:

No not dual booting with Windows. Standalone hackintosh

Aha - now that is strange, I would guess your CMOS is being reset at every boot up somehow, something to do with memory settings not being retained and I am clutching at straws here, hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the subject will come to your aid with a solution or Google the fault and see if a fix is offered. Good luck.

8 minutes ago, iMark64 said:

Thanks just read that for macOS the bios clock should be set to utc and not local time is that correct?

In all the Hacks I have set up, I've never had to touch the BIOS Clock settings, it's always been left at the default settings so I really don't know. Apart from maybe setting correct Month and Year and like I said the time is always 1 hour behind real time for some quirky reason. I actually read the reason for this but I forgot. The only time I had to reset the Clock is if I removed the CMOS Battery for a full reset and it still reverts to 1 Hour later than real time.

Edited by eSaF

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

In all the Hacks I have set up, I've never had to touch the BIOS Clock settings, it's always been left at the default settings so I really don't know. Apart from maybe setting correct Month and Year and like I said the time is always 1 hour behind real time for some quirky reason. I actually read the reason for this but I forgot. The only time I had to reset the Clock is if I removed the CMOS Battery for a full reset and it still reverts to 1 Hour later than real time.

That's what is happening. My bios is 1 hour behind real time. If thats the norm then that's fine. Thanks!

• Like 1