datta0

Bluetooth doesn't turn off and can't be disabled

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have an Acer Laptop with Qualcomm Atheros Lite-on bluetooth device.
It worked out of the box without any Bluetooth related kexts (It gets connected too) . But the problem is I can't turn bluetooth off. I have tried kexts like Brcm* (though mine ain't a broadcomm).
I thought of disabling it, by setting uia_exclude=HS10 (HS10 as shown by IOReg.Explorer app) but even then Bluetooth keeps running.
I also tried to fix ports as suggested by this link (dortaina ) which didn't work either.

Here are a few links :

1. My EFI Folder Drive
2. My Laptop :  Laptop

Can someone please help me finding a way of either getting bluetooth to turn off (which I think isn't possible) or disabling bluetooth for hackintosh.

•  

Advertisement

You may proceed as follows:

1. identify your Bluetooth device id through SysInfo->Hardware->USB
  2. identify the Bluetooth kexts that are loaded through SysInfo->Software->Extensions
  3. open up the Bluetooth Transport controller kext and check if it has an entry/profile for your BT device id
  4. if it does not, you may add one either through direct kext patching or through an injector kext, whether as a dedicated one or via an entry in FakeSMC's Info.plist if you use FakeSMC

Once you have an entry/a profile for your BT device in the transport controller kext, it can normally be turned off through the Finder's bar BT icon. It's ancient stuff but you may refer to this old thread for guidance on the matter.

Posted (edited)

Firstly, thanks for your help.

I did exactly as you suggested. But didn't help. Let me upload some of the concerned files. Please have a look at it.

Info.plist is the file that was in S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist. 
Please correct me if I have made any mistakes.

Info.plist

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 19.11.45.png

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 19.13.10.png

Info.plist

Edited by datta0