rawmassen

Help! ACPI Panic (XHC RHUB Namespace Failure), I can't figure it out...

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

If anyone could help I'd be very grateful, I'm trying to move from Clover to OC but have hit a brick wall for the last 2 days.

It's an ACPI table error: SB_.PCIO.XHC_RHUB.HS11, Namespace lookup failure.

panic.thumb.png.deed1491f71254b155f0c165dba3dfcc.png

Skylake Build:

OpenCore 0.5.9

Mojave 10.14.6, iMac17,1

Asus Maximus Hero VIII

I've attached the config.plist and ACPI folder.

EFI Drivers: OpenRuntime.efi and HfsPlus.efi

Kexts: IntelMausi, Lilu, VirtualSMC, Whatevergreen

Things I've tried...

1) Clearing NVRAM (as it was previously booted by Clover)

2) Hackintool USB Mapping: both the SSDT files and the USBPorts.kext

3) USBInjectAll.kext (with and without SSDT files)

4) SSDT-RHUB.aml. This seems to be directly involved, spent a long time with this but with no luck.

I followed this guide:

https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/rhub-methods/manual.html

Everything is XHC in my DSDT, except these definitions at the top (line 72 and 73):

External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.DUAM, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unknown method, guessing 0 arguments
    External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.INIR, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unknown method, guessing 0 arguments

So I edited the SSDT-RHUB.dsl to this:

/*
 * Goal of this SSDT is to shut off the RHUB to force macOS into
 * manually building ports when the ACPI is screwed up
 */
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "DRTNIA", "RhubOff", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC.RHUB, DeviceObj) // Full pathing to RHUB, change to yours

Scope (_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB) // Full pathing to RHUB, change to yours
        {
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
               If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                       {
                          Return (Zero) // This disables the device only in macOS
                     }
                     Else
                     {
                     }
           }                    
        } 
}

Which results in this AML version:

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "DRTNIA", "RhubOff", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB)
    {
        Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                Return (Zero)
            }
            Else
            {
            }
        }
    }
}

But I get the same error. 

I'm at a complete loss, can anyone help?

config.plist

ACPI.zip

Edited by rawmassen

Advertisement

I hit the same wall converting a working OC EFI I built to work on a new machine using a new microarchitecture. The ACPI table which was not loading for me was an OEM SSDT with TableId `Dell__Bl`. I added this to the ACPI delete section and was able to boot successfully. In my case it was an SSDT from Dell which does nothing more than describe where USB ports are physically located on the machine and I saw no harm in unloading it.

Search through the decompiled SSDT/DSDT files for the table path in the error messages and then see if you can unload it and get past that point.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By Higgie
      Hi all

I've got a fully working install of Catalina 10.15.5 using OpenCore 0.5.9 and I've managed to get everything working perfectly. It's my first PC Build ever (Let alone Hackintosh) so I'm pretty pleased that I've managed to get everything up and running so far, including Thunderbolt 3 (with hotplug), Sidecar, onboard HDMI Audio, Wifi/BT pairing across both OS (Windows 10 and MacOS). The only thing that now bugs me is the time taken to boot from the Opencore picker to my login screen. It's not super slow by any means, but with my specs I believe it should be faster. Here is what I'm running:

Intel Core i7 10700K
      Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
      Noctua NH-D15S
      Corsair LPX 3000MHz 32GB RAM (2x16GB)
      Adata XPG SX8200 1TB NVMe SSD (MacOS)
      Adata XPG SX8200 1TB NVMe SSD (Windows 10)
      Crucial BX200 1TB SSD (Storage)
      Crucial MX500 2TB SSD (Storage)
      Asus 8GB Dual Arez RX580
      Corsair RM650
      Fenvi HB1200

Windows boot is pretty sharp - Usually under 10secs. MacOS on the other hand usually is in the region of ~70secs. When I first installed Catalina it would boot super quick, but it's gotten more and more sluggish over the last few weeks. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? I can attach my EFI if needed.

Thanks!

• By EmriBG
      Hello everyone,
      I found a guide on how to install Catalina on Lenovo M920q, everything works well but the installation is freezing up.
      The USB bootable drive is a recovery one with internet based installation. The internet is working well on the pre-installation setup (I tested it, when you can use the utilities).
      The installation is freezing whether I am installing the macOS or not.
      I've attached my EFI partition so you can check if there's anything to add.
      Will realy appreciate any kind of help (quit noob to the whole thing).
      Thanks in advance and stay safe!

NOTE: I did followed up the troubleshooting guide of OpenCore installation forum and the answer was to add the  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the kexts and configure it on the .plist file.
      This is the original EFI folder: EFI.zip
      Thats the one with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext added: EFI.zip

• By chris1111
      Here my theme of OC 
      Resources.zip

Resource with new Tool icon
      Resources-New Tool icon.zip

Black version Update sector 30
      Black version Selector30.zip

Change the selector in the simple theme 
      thanks @blackosx
      Selector 10
      Resources Slector10.zip
      Selector 40
      Resources Slector40.zip
      Resource 10 with new tool icon
      Resources Slector10 new tool.zip

• By guitarxperience
      I’ve followed the Dortania IvyBridge Desktop configuration guide (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/) as closely as possible for this computer:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2 GB I believe this is a Sandy Bridge or Sandy Bridge-E in reality.
      The good: I can boot my existing MacOs Catalina 10.15.6 installation.
      The bad: 
      I have NO mouse or keyboard (or USB of any kind). I cannot boot the installer 10.15.6 because it is on a USB thumb drive.  
      When I boot either installer or MacOs partition, I see the LED indicator on my thumb drive turns off.

The error message that I see that seems to be applicable is: 
      Waiting on <dict ID=“0”><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID=“1”>IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID=“2”>boot-uuid-…..>
      For a glimpse of my EFI folder please see https://github.com/aaronpfoltzer/opencore
      I have UsbInjectAll.kext in my Kexts folder and XhciPortLimit set to true. I thought this would temporarily allow USB ports to work until I did the actual USB mapping. My SSDT-EC is done manually but matches the output from SSDTTime anyway. I’ve tried different SMBIOS. (iMacPro1,1 which is what I am using now with Clover, but now iMac13,2 as recommended for IvyBridge Desktops).