EXITBS error on Lenovo Yoga

richibrics

3 posts in this topic

Hi I have a Lenovo Yoga C640, with i5-10210u CPU. If I try to boot the USB installer I get an EXITBS message (with a row of '+').

I get this behavior both with CLOVER and Opencore.

If anybody had managed to install macOS to this PC, his help would be really great.

I attach my EFI folder (with OpenCore), I tried switching some boolean like SetupVirtualMap and RebuildAppleMemoryMap but with no success.

EFI.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have the same issue with Lenovo Thinkbook 13s-IML.

I''m trying to install catalina 10.15.5 with opencore 0.5.9 but any configuration I try get stuck :

EB # LOG:Exitbs: Start

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and I can't do the installation.

cfg_lock in bios is enabled and cannot be disabled. When I tried to extract the BIOS to patch it up and edit it with ifrextract it tells me protocol: Unknown
The bios, however, is locked for writing, therefore the various methods of modifying the cfg lock do not work. 

So i've enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock e AppleXcpmCfgLock

I've try SetupVirtualMap e RebuildAppleMemoryMap n/n n/y y/y e y/n nothing

Then i've try with DevirtualiseMmio and AppleXcpmExtraMsrs and Fakecpuid

but rest Stuck at EB # LOG:Exitbs: Start

I tried different versions of opencore from 0.5.7 to 0.5.9 and also 0.6.0,but the result does not change.

It seems that the same problem afflicts the lenovo carbon x1 7th with comet lake on board, and my thinkbook shares with the latter 99% of the hardware only changes the chassis, and no one has managed to boot it up to now .