1,173 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, OrpheusInHell said:

There you go

EFI.zip

Thanks again!! Worked flawlessly all u had to do us make some changes to the bios and it boots! Will have to change some kext 

Advertisement
On 7/3/2020 at 2:57 AM, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Ah.. Thank you so much for sharing but mine continues to get stuck here

You need to find working OpenCore configuration example for your hardware (motherboard) online and copy settings from there

Hi @Manas Malla,

I'm trying your method and following the instructions but in the last step see below, it gives me an error, how to solve this?

Thanks

Spoiler

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-05, às 21.36.59.png

23 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @Manas Malla,

I'm trying your method and following the instructions but in the last step see below, it gives me an error, how to solve this?

Thanks

Spoiler

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-05, às 21.36.59.png

In my opinion although doable as proven by the author, the process is long winded and prone to mistakes along the way. The sure fired way is the one done and published by MaLd0n. Way more easier than this method and without using VM also able to install on an external or internal drive. Not trying to take anything away from Manas Malla's method but MaLd0n's method is far less cumbersome.

1 minute ago, bad_colne said:

BigSur Beta 2 working perfectly on Asus Rog G771JW

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 15.41.00.png

are you using usb installer for installation? 

please share your EFI

i reached in disk utility but didn't show internal drive in disk utility

1 minute ago, ameenjuz said:

are you using usb installer for installation? 

please share your EFI

i reached in disk utility but didn't show internal drive in disk utility

I used installinstallmacos.py to download the .dmg of the BigSur Beta 2, i have created an ISO image and the i used WMware to install macOS on my physical Hard Drive using the tutorial from this link:

Spoiler

i have successfully clean installed Big sur using usb installer

but trackpad Battery Status and wifi do not work

i hope that dev fix this above issue soon

worked nice

7 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

worked nice

Who did you build your usb stick ?

macOs Big Sur Beta 2 - Ryzen 7 3700x - MSI x570-A PRO - 16GB Ram - RX 580 8 GB 

Installed beta 1 using bootable USB method

Used Opencore Builder to get the latest version of OC 0.6.0 and Virtual SMC ,  Lillu , Apple ALC , WEG and Realtek8111 kexts

Updated to beta 2 using System updater - 10 gb update

Note - Serial number - ROM - MLB - UUID removed from plist

Attached Config .plist and Kexts screenshot

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 2.49.11 PM.png

Screenshot (1).png

config.plist

Edited by magesh_mahi
Incl Motherboard model

15 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

worked nice

Try use Rehabman ACPIBatteryManager.kext, use Opencore Configurator to install correctly. Don't forget backup on usb pen...

Captura de Tela 2020-07-09 às 08.22.32.png

So, here's a fun little thing that those fun folks at Apple have enabled in Big Sur:   AMFI (apple mobile file integrity).  if you modify your EFI in any way you get locked out (see below).  It seems like it take about 4-5 hours for it to time out....

And you could disable it IF you could get into your 10.16 recovery partition, which I can't.  Doesn't work, at least for me.  I am NOT on another container - Big Sur is installed on a separate physical drive, just for your fyi....

On my X299, also, I don't get a serial number or a CPU identified, on either 4229 (beta 1) or 4300 (beta 2, I think).  On my Z370 (beta 1), I do.....fun stuff, isn't it......???

843288512_ScreenShot2020-07-09at4_28_57PM.thumb.png.73f92221414081429fe63039a2c34e80.png

Has anyone tried to update to Big Sur Beta 2 with the Clover QcQuirks method? I'm assuming it won't work because it's an installer, but I'd like to see if anyone has had any success.

Hey guys, just got Big Sur running on my Dell XPS 13 9350 --- I can post the EFI if anyone needs.

Used Clover and Opencore Quirks, along with changing my kexts to get this running properly.

Have exact same functionality as Catalina

I attach an EFI if anyone needs.

https://github.com/tlefko/XPS-13-9350-Big-Sur

Edited by tlefko
Added Detail

On 7/5/2020 at 11:19 PM, eSaF said:

In my opinion although doable as proven by the author, the process is long winded and prone to mistakes along the way. The sure fired way is the one done and published by MaLd0n. Way more easier than this method and without using VM also able to install on an external or internal drive. Not trying to take anything away from Manas Malla's method but MaLd0n's method is far less cumbersome.

Operating from Windows, but not only, it is exactly the opposite. Besides, installation in VMware is native, so you can create a practically perfect Master, VMDK + OFSMount + R-Drive Image: Flexibility, Speed and 360 ° Security

2 hours ago, netgear said:

Operating from Windows, but not only, it is exactly the opposite. Besides, installation in VMware is native, so you can create a practically perfect Master, VMDK + OFSMount + R-Drive Image: Flexibility, Speed and 360 ° Security

Ok well since I don't know the VM process and the first time I tried it was a completely disaster (I was wrong to negatively portray the operation off my own experience), I will have to take your word on the subject. Thanks for the clarification. 

5 hours ago, netgear said:

All in a container encapsulated by another OS. Ya seems awesome >_>