Hello & 1st Build Advice: Intel Core i9-9900k & Gigabyte MB INT 1151 Z390 Designare D4 ATX

Vinney

2 posts in this topic

Hi all - by way of a short intro, totally new to the world of hackintoshing (if this is not even the right term, please feel free to correct me ha!), but have built up the courage to take the plunge and build my 1st rig. I'm currently using a 2019 MBP for music production, but want to move to a desktop when at home.  

Having read a number of articles already I can see you guys are hugely helpful / knowledgeable group of people, so was wondering you could validate my proposed setup before I go out and buy the parts, plus allow me to ask some (probably silly) questions: 

As explained above, this setup will be used as my main music production rig, so I require:

1) As much raw power per £pound I can get

2) Decent storage for my massive sample collection.

3) Thunderbolt 3 support is a must - I have two widescreen monitors and my audio interface etc all plugged into a single TB3 dock, so having the ability to plug one cable in and out from a convenience perspective is important 

4) WIFI and BT - I read this in not natively supported

5) Mojave 10.14.5 to run like butter - Catalina is the anti-christ to music producers 

My proposed set up is: 

image.png.c52897c6162ff275d6b3050376d3af7c.png

Any feedback please on this setup in terms of meeting my needs and ease of setup?

Thanks in advance 

Vinney 

Edited by Vinney

• 2 months later...