Cwtf

Clover v2.5k giving black screen

5 posts in this topic

I made a clean install of High Sierra on a 1TB crucial ssd. Installed clover Clover_v2.5k_r5070 into the EFI of this ssd, but when I tried to make it my default boot drive, the clover screen wouldn't come up, and left a black screen.

I tried using the Olarilia usb drive and clover did the same thing. 

I thought maybe that it was a theme issue so I tried to blind boot by just hitting the enter key but the nothing happened.

I restarted and selected my my old drive with clover v2.4k_4945 from the bios the bios boot menu.  Clover came up and I could select my new drive from the clover menu.     

Changing the themes, didn't help. No matter what theme I chose (including embedded), clover v2.5k didn't work, and  I still got just a black screen.

Do I need to install v2.4k on my new drive or is there a way I can get v2.5k working?

I have a GA-x79-ud5 motherboard, AMD  rx580 graphics card and use a Sony 4k tv as my monitor.

Advertisement

No reason why you'd experience this except maybe if you did not install Clover properly. So please specify:

1. BIOS mode (UEFI vs. legacy)
  2. Options you used/selected when you installed Clover

The post a zipped copy of your EFI folder.

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

No reason why you'd experience this except maybe if you did not install Clover properly. So please specify:

1. BIOS mode (UEFI vs. legacy)
  2. Options you used/selected when you installed Clover

The post a zipped copy of your EFI folder.

1. I am using UEFI

2. I used the default settings

My EFI folder:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/12HeQjunc0IpzscIypNoLVcc45Em0fmnn/view?usp=sharing

Make debug.log by setting in config.plist

Boot->Debug=YES

Upload the result from the folder

/EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log

Create the folder before the experiment.

Install DataHubDxe.efi into

/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By ThomasMattOnline
      Hello Everyone,

Trying to get Hardware Acceleration working on my Hackintosh (HEVC Support) however I am such a noob, OpenCore is very new to me and would love some support.
      I have included screenshots and the EFI that is currently working on my System, I have USB 2 & 3.0 all working, however, the only thing I can fault is my GPU not being hardware acceleration enabled.

Final Cut Pro X - Recognises GPU
      VideoProc - Doesn't recognise anything.

(I am running the latest version of OpenCore 0.5.9)

Things I've tried: I tried following the post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-10-15-2-update-lost-hevc-h265-acceleration.288563/ - No Luck
      I have also tried: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/activate-amd-hardware-acceleration.2180095/page-53?post=28255048#post-28255048 - No luck either!

My friend online tells me I shouldn't need such Kext as he has the same build as me but when I load his EFI on my system it boots with no USB 2 or 3.0 (I'm keeping his EFI off here as I've uploaded mine.)

Please note: I appreciate all (any) pieces of advice and please do bear in mind that I am a noob and may need whatever you say simplifying as I can get easily confused.

config.plist

• By Tristana
      Hello, and thank you for your help!

Ever since installing my new Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX580, I've been having issues with audio freezing up for the whole system- seemingly the coreaudiod process crashing / my USB audio interface not working. It feels random but seems to correlate with playing youtube videos, streaming audio in Finder, playing sound files from chat clients like Telegram/Discord and such. The system otherwise works as normal, with only audio related functions breaking. Sometimes instead of a full freeze / crash, the sample rate of audio will just drop significantly, causing a lot of aliasing.
      I followed this guide here, though it is outdated and some KEXTs have been merged with WhateverGreen. The shikigva=4 & -rad4200 boot arguments weren't available in WhateverGreen so I didn't add any boot arguments.
      https://hackintosher.com/guides/fix-rendering-issues-fcpx-high-sierra/

My issue was not fixed by this. I also learned that USBInjectAll hadn't been given a custom SSDT and so I made one, which I have included at the end of this post. I also disabled the 15 port patch which had been left on. My USB ports now show up properly (though I've excluded my mobo's type-c port to meet the 15 port limit). My audio issues still have not been fixed, though.

On High Sierra, the crash was irrecoverable- opening sound in system prefs just froze up, and I have to reset the system to get audio back. In Catalina, I seem to be able to choose a different audio device then go back to my external interface to reset the driver and get sound back.

Thank you for any help / ideas you can offer!

UPDATE: Issue still persists. I'm now using a USBPorts.kext created by Hackintool and have updated my list of current kexts below.

System:

Kexts:

• By ddksaku
      Hi, After successfully installed Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.1, I have faced an issue that my video card is not detected, only 5M VRAM detected.
      Can anyone look at my issue and give me some advice?
      I am attaching my EFI folder zipped.

- CPU: coi5 9100
      - Motherboard: GIGABYTE B365M DS3H
      - Video card: Radeon RX 580 8G
      - RAM: DDR4 32G
      - HDD: SATA 1T

- BIOS settings
      CSM Support: enabled
      Fast Boot: disabled
      Above 4G Decoding: enabled
      USB XHCI Hand-off: enabled
      SATA Mode: AHCI
      Storage Boot Option: UEFI
      VT-d: disabled

Thanks.
      EFI.zip
    • By neoskateur
      Hello team!

I have a small issue wiith my RX580 MSI on High Sierra, only one DP is working, no hdmi... Any clue?

Supermicro X8DTL-6F
      2 x Xeon X5650
      RX580 MSI
    • By Andre_mac79
      has anyone tried to install mac on a chinese x79 (x79t) and a gtx 780? it can be done?