GUIDE: Z77MX-QUO-AOS Migrating from Ozmosis to OpenCore

IronManJFF

235 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone here tried an Intel Xeon E3-1220 SR00F 4-Core 3.1GHz 8MB LGA 1155 Processor  or similar  LGA 1155 Xeon on your Z77MX-QUO-AOS board? 

Amazon currently has this one for $43.

I wondered if the performance might be better than i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz ? for Catalina or Big Sur

...or am I limited to  LGA 1155 i7s ?

I haven't tried it but Intel Xeon E3-1220 is Sandy Bridge vs i7 3770K is ivy Bridge

NO Performance will not be close , the i7 3770K will beat the Xeon from the previous generation.

That Xeon can only do 4 threads , i7 3770k can do 8

On 6/12/2020 at 10:23 PM, Haydar said:

eoproc now recognizes hevc capability with dGpu and I can reproduce drm content like prime video in safari using shikigva=80 (with shikigva=128 or nothing I

I need help! I swapped out my Nvidia card with the Powercolor RX5700XT, anticipating that it would be just plug and play... man, was I wrong!

I have reinstalled Catalina using the Migration Kit - this boots without problems using IGPU.

Then after adding the 57000XT, I get a black screen after boot.

I have tried agdpmod=pikera and others, but nothing seems to work.

I have also tried using iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS, but no luck.

(I am using the HDMI output of the card, since I read about the problems of DP output with WEG)

Thanks !

Did you removed the Nvidia Web Drivers ?

Make sure you don't have nvda_drv in your boot-args

Check version of Lilu and WhateverGreen (you can get the lastest from the just updated 0.60 Migration Kit) 

And test the DP output .. I read stuff about Clover doesn't mean much ...

If all this fails ..you can try iMac14,4

Edited by IronManJFF

14 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Did you removed the Nvidia Web Drivers ?

Make sure you don't have nvda_drv in your boot-args

Check version of Lilu and WhateverGreen (you can get the lastest from the just updated 0.60 Migration Kit) 

And test the DP output .. I read stuff about Clover doesn't mean much ...

If all this fails ..you can try iMac14,4

Thanks for replying ! 

I finally got it to work. 

A lot of trial and error - as is usual with a Hackintosh - but extremely satisfying when it does work!

Just adding the boot flag agdpmod=pikera did not work.

I used SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 and followed this guide:

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/901 

Injected PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) into Device properties. 

The key seemed to be injection of  ATY,Rom#  which suddenly made it work.

And, YES, I did use the DP port ! 

Its great to see macOS showing an option of 144Hz refresh rate in display properties !

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, IronManJFF said:

Releasing as it is right now.

Does not do much but does it well.

PNG.png.92ecf60ed2c7e709caaf8532e004a2af.png

I am looking for someone to make a couple of app icons for this utility and the Migration kit.

See here for a place to start  

Starting to dabble with source control ...

This utility has been moved to GitHub

Will do the same with the migration kit eventually

I had this error after upgrade from 0.5.9 to 0.6.0:

No schema for BlacklisAppleUpdate at 3 index, context <Security>!

I've removed it from the config.plist and added the following below the boot-args in NVRAM -> Add section

<key>run-efi-updater</key>
<string>No</string>

Edited by CiTroNaK

Please, is there anything that I need to change for macOS 11 Big Sur? I've tried to boot the installer (latest beta) without any success. It will crash instantly before the loading bar appears. Thank you very much.

EDIT: I've found https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#up-to-date-kexts-bootloader-and-config-plist. Did someone do it already? (I suppose yes, as I saw the screenshots). Could someone please upload the changes here? Thank you!

Edited by CiTroNaK

I was going to ask the same, I make my macOS SSD boot drive a fresh since I accidentally overwrote it cloning a windows partition XD

Im now running Catalina's latest version and OC 0.6.0, and I enrolled my system in the beta program, but as the imac13.2 plist I'm using isn't theoretically supported, I was wondering how @IronManJFF and @elviejo got your systems to accept the update and apply it.

And @IronManJFF, are you still looking for someone to make an icon for your OC utility? I have some extra time on my hands at the moment, so I thoughtI might give you a hand.

Hope you guys are good!!

54 minutes ago, Casm101 said:

And @IronManJFF, are you still looking for someone to make an icon for your OC utility? I have some extra time on my hands at the moment, so I thoughtI might give you a hand.

Yup yup .. if you could I would be very happy

55 minutes ago, Casm101 said:

how @IronManJFF and @elviejo got your systems to accept the update and apply it.

I was able to do it using a iMac14,4 SysDef  and I think ElvieJoe did it with the corresponding MacMini Sysdef

The only thing I am unsure about is if I should also generate a new SystemID (SSUID) ... 

6 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

Yup yup .. if you could I would be very happy

Okay, no problem, it would be my pleasure!

EDIT: should I make it in the style of the new MacOS Big Sur icons??

6 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

I was able to do it using a iMac14,4 SysDef  and I think ElvieJoe did it with the corresponding MacMini Sysdef

The only thing I am unsure about is if I should also generate a new SystemID (SSUID) ... 

I'll give it a try now, and in case anything goes wrong, I have a backup Catalina installer just in case.

Edited by Casm101

1 minute ago, IronManJFF said:

What gets you so hurried that you have to install it NOW ?

Well I've got a few days off work, so I thought I might fix, update and upgrade some things round my flat while I have the time.

I just changed all my plist info to iMac14,4, including serials and what-not, going to reeboot...

I'll see you on the other side.

EDIT: So far so good, played a game, run a couple of benchtests, all seems good, no crashing or anything, getting good values in 

Power gadget too.

Edited by Casm101

I was able to run Big Sur using small changes (updates) from this page https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#up-to-date-kexts-bootloader-and-config-plist

I was not able to install it directly (again), so I've installed the system to the drive using another mac. I will post more information later today.