mnfesq

[Release] macOS 10.15.4 is out!

197 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, telepati said:

@Hervé and @Sherlocks I fixed my F1 Safe Mode problem. 

RTCMemoryFixup.kext
boot-arg= rtcfx_exclude=00-FF

No more F1 Safe Mode on startup.

can you please attach the RTCMemoryFixup.kext to me for download here. Thank you

Advertisement

DRM stopped working for me on 10.15.4, after I got it working from 10.15.3. Would this be something affected by having SIP enabled? As of 10.15.4, with shikigva=80, I get working DRM, for between 5-10 seconds, then a crash with EXC_BAD_ACCESS (Code Signature Invalid). Apple TV+ sometimes works, but otherwise, it likes to crash with this. Netflix in Safari just stops playing video after a few seconds.

DRM works fine in 10.15.4 with AMD cards. Just make sure to run on either iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1. No need for any shiki boot arg.

6 hours ago, kode54 said:

DRM stopped working for me on 10.15.4, after I got it working from 10.15.3. Would this be something affected by having SIP enabled? As of 10.15.4, with shikigva=80, I get working DRM, for between 5-10 seconds, then a crash with EXC_BAD_ACCESS (Code Signature Invalid). Apple TV+ sometimes works, but otherwise, it likes to crash with this. Netflix in Safari just stops playing video after a few seconds.

Apple TV+ and Netflix on Safari work fine for me on 10.15.4 iMac19,1 SMBIOS, Polaris card and shikigva=80.

Hi all! I found the solution to my problem. Albeit being very specific to my case, I'm putting the information there in case it's useful to someone else (@Dragster27).

So, my 'wake to black screen' issue on Catalina 10.15.4 was related to the modified version of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM I was using to make my DW1820A work.

These problematic drivers on 10.15.4 were available on OSXLatitude and made by swede420.

Since they are the only drivers that work correctly with DW1820 today, there is no more readily available / fully-working solution for this particular card on 10.15.4. AFAIK, this modified version of the drivers was loading a more recent FW to the DW1820A than the one still used by the official BrcmPatchRAM.

I switched to a new DW1830 card and used the latest official release of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM. And now everything is working mostly smoothly: sleep/wake, wifi and bt.

So, even if you don't have a DW1820A card, if you have this wake to black screen issue on 10.15.4, it may well be related to your wifi card + driver combo. Make sure to update to the latest version of acidanthera's BrcmPatchRAM.

Edited by chatelp

These drivers are not problematic for everyone and the issue seemed specific you your own build. I use those same drivers on my Latitude 7490 fitted with a DW1820A (not a DW1820 which is Qualcomm and unsupported) and have had no issue with Sleep/Wake since updating to 10.15.4.

Edited by Hervé

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

These drivers are not problematic for everyone and the issue seemed specific you your own build. I use those same drivers on my Latitude 7490 fitted with a DW1820A (not a DW1820 which is Qualcomm and unsupported) and have had no issue with Sleep/Wake since updating to 10.15.4.

Yes, as I was saying, very specific. Nonetheless, these drivers still rely on BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, which has been deprecated by BrcmPatchRAM3.kext for Catalina, am I right? Problems are bound to happen at some point :/

From Acidanthera's doc: "Starting with macOS 10.15, this is the only supported configuration because due to framework changes BrcmPatchRAM.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext are incompatible with macOS 10.15"

Cheers !

On 4/4/2020 at 4:41 PM, tonyx86 said:

Any suggestions?

thumbnail_IMG_0988.jpg

Well, i've stuck at this too…

I had to make a entirely new EFI folder, updating kexts, clover and also SMBios.

My 10.15.3 EFI don't work on 10.15.4

18 hours ago, CMMChris said:

DRM works fine in 10.15.4 with AMD cards. Just make sure to run on either iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1. No need for any shiki boot arg.

I am using MacPro7,1, and if I don't have a shikigva argument, then I get just a red picture that occasionally flashes to a black picture. Do I need to reflash my RX 480 to be an RX 580 for this to work?

Just now, CMMChris said:

Ah then you are suffering from an issue that happens on some machines with AMD CPUs. No way to fix that unfortunately.

Yet, somehow, it worked perfectly prior to 10.15.4.

7 hours ago, kode54 said:

Yet, somehow, it worked perfectly prior to 10.15.4.

Yes because you forced software decoding and the shiki-hack for this likely got broken in this update.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:22 AM, XanthraX said:

These versions of Lilu and WEG solve the problem.  Add igfxonln=1 to boot args or force-online to device properties to fix the problem. Found on other site. Stay safe all. Thank you everyone for the hard work.

This does not work anymore with latest clover 5109 and lastest acidantheras kexts.

Back to 5107 and your kexts it recovers from display sleep.

EDIT: Without making any changes to my Dell Latitude E6410 EFI, I simply ignored "An error occurred while preparing the installation" and "The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk" and am now running 10.15.4 on my Latitude E6410.  I needed to delete '/System/Volumes/Data/macOS Install Data' after the upgrade.

The problematic 10.15.4 upgrade leaves me wondering whether the upgrade is fully completed (even though the version is now reported as 10.15.4). I am running Clover (legacy) r5109. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Am I missing one or more Clover (Legacy) bootloader drivers that need to be installed for the 10.15.4 installer? I have only installed Clover BIOS drivers FSInject and APFSDriverLoader.  Details below.

I have installed Clover (Legacy) r5109 with Clover BIOS drivers FSInject and APFSDriverLoader.  Despite the error "An error occurred while preparing the installation," the "Catalina - Install" is created on my SSD.  If I reboot from the 10.15.4 "Catalina - Install" (which still boots, despite the error above) the 10.15.4 installer fails with "The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk."

Does this "bless tool" error indicate that I am missing a required CLOVER BIOS driver?

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.08.57 AM.png

Edited by tonyx86

In my hack book (see Signature) the bootarg entry boot-arg = rtcfx_exclude = 00-FF was in my config.list,

which then came the message in Catalina 10.15.5 that the time is not correct and must be set.

It was then set to 1.1.1999.
Then restart and the same, BIOS was reset to default settings.

The kext RTCMemoryFixUp.kext had no purpose.

Edited by AlfredoM

11 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

In my hack book (see Signature) the bootarg entry boot-arg = rtcfx_exclude = 00-FF was in my config.list,

which then came the message in Catalina 10.15.5 that the time is not correct and must be set.

It was then set to 1.1.1939.
Then restart and the same, BIOS was reset to default settings.

The kext RTCMemoryFixUp.kext had no purpose.

Did you have unnecessary spaces in your boot arg "rtcfx_exclude = 00-FF" or is that just the way you typed it in your post?

here ist right Bootarg-Entry boot-arg=rtcfx_exclude=00-FF   in  config.plist

whether today the DP2 comes from 10.15.5 ???

Edited by AlfredoM

RTCMemoryFixUp.kext / boot-arg=rtcfx_exclude=00-FF does not resolve the BIOS reset on my DIY socket 1156 / H55 / Xeon x3460 / RX580 running Catalina 10.15.4.  I am remaining with 10.15.3 on this platform at this time.

10.15.4 does not have the BIOS reset problem on my Dell Latitude E6410.

Both platforms running Clover (Legacy) r5109.

Edited by tonyx86