Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ExplicitNinja

HP tm2t first hackintosh

5 posts in this topic

Hi first post hope its in the right place:bye: Any help on getting my machine up and running would be appreciate. Newest version of clover is installed on the machine with a WD BLUE SSD. Using a usb install of mojave with the Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch 10.14.x. Furthest I've gotten updating to mojave is the install bar full and stopping, not sure what settings I had to get there tho. Any help would be greatly appreciated :help:

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

http://rmromero.blogspot.com/2010/12/hp-touchsmart-tm2t-series.html?m=0

Diagonal Size : 12.1" diagonal
Max Resolution : HD (1280 x 800)
Technology : HP BrightView LED Touchscreen

Type : Intel® CoreTM i5-470UM
Speed : 1.33GHz
Cache : 3MB L3 Cache

Intel® HD Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD 5450 512MB [HDMI, VGA]

WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to 560 MB/s - WDS500G2B0A

8GB DDR3 (2 Dimm)
Total slots : 2

LAN : Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ-45 connect
WLAN & Bluetooth :
802.11b/g/n WLAN
Intel Wireless-N Card
802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth

Altec Lansing speakers

3 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI
1 x VGA
1 x RJ-45

Card Reader : 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader

HP TrueVision Webcam

FingerPrint Reader

HP Digitizer Pen for tm2t

Edited by ExplicitNinja

Posted (edited)

Nope you're in the wrong place: you have an Intel platform (1st gen Arrandale), not an AMD one.

Then, you'll have to bear in mind a few important things:

• Hackintosh with 1st gen Intel graphics can only have full graphics acceleration if they have an LVDS-based buit-in screen. If it's eDP-based, forget about Hackintoshing your laptop. See the Bible about 1st gen Intel HD graphics available here.
  • 1st gen Intel graphics have no official support beyond High Sierra.
  • You'd have to apply many tricks to run any macOS version beyond High Sierra; if you're a beginner, I suggest you stick to High Sierra until you become fully familiar with macOS and Hackintoshing. Mojave/Catalina would not be the right versions to engage with right now...
  • Radeon HD5450 will have absolutely no support in macOS Mojave and beyond. It was supported in older OS X/macOS versions (up to Sierra I think).
  • Given that dual-graphics is not supported on Hackintoshes, you can only run with the iGPU or the dGPU but not both. In most cases, such situation imposes the iGPU only.
  • Intel wireless cards are not supported and need to be replaced by a supported model or a USB dongle. Many HP laptops have a whitelist which limits/controls the wireless cards you can install. As such, verify and choose carefully...
  • LAN, Card Reader, audio, who knows? You've not specified the models.
  • FingerPrint reader will be a no-no.
  • Avoid installing macOS on an MBR disk; MBR partitions have always required a patch and there's no reason not to install the OS on a GPT partition. Win10 also supports GUID/GPT scheme.
  • Many HP laptops suffer from the Lapic Kernel Panic. If ever you encounter this KP at boot time, apply the Lapic patch in your Clover config.

Good luck, it's going to be a challenge...

Edited by Hervé

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup_anim:

I've successfully gotten high sierra hackintosh zone version to run but couldnt get the ATI graphics running.

Ableton Live installed but would start up with greyed out windows, I'm assuming its a graphics issue.

I've managed to get the basics working including pen input.

Now I've been trying a real install of High Sierra from the app store now for days to get Ableton up and running

I have clover running on the laptop still from the previous high sierra hackintosh zone install and am anxious to wipe to SSD, could clover on the SSD be conflicting with Clover on the USB. Should I use Clover or OpenCore?

Edited by ExplicitNinja

Took some work for sure, however

I Got Mojave 14.6 up and running! :thumbsup_anim:

Still can't get it to switch to the ATI GPU even after editing the DSDT

some help would be appreciated