VoodooInput performance issues

agrafuese

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I hope I am posting in the right place...

I am having issues with VoodooInput. It loads fine, no errors or KPs, but movement is erratic. It seems when I am moving the cursor with my index finger and then try to click with my thumb, the cursor will shoot to the bottom of the screen, causing erroneous clicks and a lot of headaches. Sometimes it shoots to the top instead. Sometimes it performs as expected. It's unpredictable. 

I have used VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID instead, and they work perfectly fine, but unfortunately they cause KPs. Plus, I like that VoodooInput is a singular kext. This is why I am trying to see if there's any way to fix this issue.

Please see signature for my specs.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Voodoo it not plug-ins Lilu

Thanks, but any suggestion where else to post? I came here because acidanthera's bugtracker on github specifically says to post in these forums: 

As quoted from https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/blob/master/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md

Issue tracker is not a support forum, and if you have installation or usage problems, try asking your questions on InsanelyMac.com [links to here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/647-lilu-and-plugins/or AppleLife.ru. There could also be local communities providing Acidanthera Project support in your native language.

I can try to submit a bug report there, but judging by the way the rest of that page is worded, I don't think it will be well received.

Well, in any case, I think I solved the problem (in testing so far), so I'll just report the solution in case anyone else comes here with the same issue (doubtful, but anyway...)

It turned out that VoodooPS2Controller was the culprit, NOT VoodooInput. I had recently installed the newest versions of both, and I had assumed VoodooInput was causing the issues, because it is what makes my trackpad work (ultimately). However, I overlooked the fact that VoodooPS2Controller ALSO contributes to trackpad functionality as well. So, I fixed the problem by taking the VoodooPS2Trackpad plugin from inside VoodooPS2Controller version 2.0.4 (which was working fine), and put it inside the new VoodooPS2Controller version 2.1.2, overwriting the current one. 

For anyone still reading this (unlikely!), I needed the newest VoodooPS2Controller because it fixed a capslock LED problem I was having. So, that's why I needed the best of both worlds :)

• Like 1