MacBook Pro iSight problems

Cyman

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody.

I finally got my MBP C2D and am extremely happy with it. Unfortunately I am encountering a problem with the built-in iSight camera which worked yesterday, but won't today. In the meantime I installed some apps to make OS X more convenient to use and I was suspecting some of these to cause the issue, so I uninstalled them, but without luck. I also did a RAM reset, which didn't help either. So I don't know what could be the cause of the problem. Maybe anyone has a solution?

Here are the apps I installed which could be in relation to the problem:

Macam

Graphiccelerator

ScreenGrabber

VirtueDesktops

TinkerTool

Path Finder

I can't imagine how any of these programs could influence the iSight, especially as I didn't run some of them before the problem appeared. Maybe the problem is a completeley different.

What do you mean?

Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Cyman

Well, I wanted to try Macam becasue I thought I could record movies with it. Anyway I am not sure if the iSight was still running when the program was installed, but never executed. I am not sure about this. I was uninstalling Macam and the component file from the QT library, but this didn't help.

I uninstalled Macam via AppZapper, did a PMU reset but nothing helped. Is there another way to get the iSight back to work? I think of installing the 10.4.8 Combo Update, although the MBP was delivered with 10.4.8 but maybe this can solve the problem.

I am still hesitating as I don't know if the Combo Update is a good idea (could it overwrite other system settings?).

• 2 weeks later...