OSX Stopped?

Kiryn

14 posts in this topic

Try one time without other languages and see if it gets beyond that point.

Make sure your DVD drive firmware is up to date.

Clean the laser lense inside the DVD drive.

Find some more DVD's and burn one at slowest speed possible.

Get another iso and burn it.

I have a Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.00GHz Processor SSE2/SSE3. 200GB SATA HDD, 1GB of DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon x300SE graphics. I enabled the SSE3 patch and the Intel cryption patch and thats it. And it just freezes :)

And its Jas 10.4.7 dvd

dont bother with the DVD installation check, its an utter waste of time. Instead, grab an MD5 checksum from where you accquired your dvd from ( all decent image makers will provide one) and then create an MD5 checksum of the one you have. if they don't match, you have a real problem- possibly some information was lost during downloading. Put your dvd image back on your torrent downloader and check that its 100% complete (i know it sounds like a stupid thing to do, but it worked for me) then check your checksums. if they dont match, then you might have to grab yourself a different image (might i suggest JaS 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel- max compatibiliy with everything) lol!

hope this helps!

jordn

afaik it was due bad filesystem permissions.

Not so sure permissions come into play during the installation phase. Permissions are only assigned once a user has been defined. During installation, there are no users and thus no permissions. If you boot the install DVD and use Terminal commands, you do not need "sudo" because for the installer OS, there are no users defined.

As suggested, skip the installation check. See if you can get the checksum of the iso and verify yours.

Check DT and verify that you have it mounting the iso as a virtual drive. And that VMWare is pointed to the virtual drive and not to the iso file itself.

Try installing one time after selecting the minimal amount of items in Customize. Uncheck things like printer drivers, languages and fonts. Select only Intel Combo Update and Intel SSE3. See if this gets installed without hanging. If it does, then add only things you really need and try again.

If you have a DVD drive, try to get some blank DVD's and burn the iso to DVD and try that. Burn it at the slowest speed possible. Or have a friend burn it for you.

Well it works perfect after i do a whole pc install from the dvd drive and reboot but I am face with two problems now. The sound only works with i am out of safe mood. When I am also out of safe mode no picture or anything just a black screen with the mouse cursor. And thats being a pain in the ass to do. I have to go into safe mode constantly and its getting tidious. I have an ATI Radeon X300SE.