Jump to content
gengik84

[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.4

252 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Advertisement
 
Your issue is different from mine.  I was able to get to the first stage of update installation but, upon reboot to get to the second stage, I had repeating errors regarding IGPU.  You don't seem to be able to create the preboot installer.  I ran into that issue before learning about the WEG problem when I attempted to reinstall the update from my recovery partition.  I suggest that you use one of the update scripts available here to download the update and you may possibly need to put it onto a flash drive or other location to be sure it shows up in Clover.  Once you get the update to begin, you may still run into the WEG problem I encountered but take it one problem at a time.
firmware issues for igpu.
use -disableigfxfirmware

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Can it be a bios setting that is wrong or is only a WEG problem?

ok @Andrey1970, thanks...

The problem with WEG is solved in the master. But your problem earlier than problem WEG.

Edited by Andrey1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A caution to those who use Safari.  I tried uninstalling an adblocker in order to try using a new one.  With Safari 13.1, I could not get the new adblocker extension to load and could not restore the old one I had been using.  I ended up having to use a Time Machine snapshot to restore my system to an earlier time.  It appears that this beta makes it harder than ever to use extensions with Safari, even ones in Apple's App Store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mnfesq said:

A caution to those who use Safari.  I tried uninstalling an adblocker in order to try using a new one.  With Safari 13.1, I could not get the new adblocker extension to load and could not restore the old one I had been using.  I ended up having to use a Time Machine snapshot to restore my system to an earlier time.  It appears that this beta makes it harder than ever to use extensions with Safari, even ones in Apple's App Store.

That's why I use Firefox...  I use Safari as a backup, though...

 

NOTE:  IF using 'DuckDuckGo' as a Search Engine for both Firefox AND Safari

that I've found certain Search Queries DON'T respond well...  Safari reacts worse

with DuckDuckGo than Firefox.

 

Still, I prefer DuckDuckGo to Google, Bing, or Yahoo...

 

 

TimeLord04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 10:30 PM, mnfesq said:

A caution to those who use Safari.  I tried uninstalling an adblocker in order to try using a new one.  With Safari 13.1, I could not get the new adblocker extension to load and could not restore the old one I had been using.  I ended up having to use a Time Machine snapshot to restore my system to an earlier time.  It appears that this beta makes it harder than ever to use extensions with Safari, even ones in Apple's App Store.


Have you tried a reboot? It seemed to do the trick with the latest beta, as I faced the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WizeMan said:

Have you tried a reboot? It seemed to do the trick with the latest beta, as I faced the same issue.

 

I did reboot, thank you.  Maybe I should be more specific.  When I downloaded the adblocker apps (I tried more than one) they would appear in the extensions tab of Safari preferences but they were unchecked.  When I tried to check the boxes to load the extensions, Safari would not allow the boxes to stay checked.  Thus, the extensions were present in preferences but did not load into Safari or provide the function for which they were installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

 

I did reboot, thank you.  Maybe I should be more specific.  When I downloaded the adblocker apps (I tried more than one) they would appear in the extensions tab of Safari preferences but they were unchecked.  When I tried to check the boxes to load the extensions, Safari would not allow the boxes to stay checked.  Thus, the extensions were present in preferences but did not load into Safari or provide the function for which they were installed.

I have the same problem with my Unsupported iMac 9,1. Also not just Adblock all extensions cant be activated. But on Hackintosh everything working without any problem. I am just waiting for the next official release cause I am not using Beta. So far I can't find any solution for that. Reset Safari, delete extensions plist form the safari folder, delete safari cache, open unsupported extension settings from developer menu etc. none of them worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mnfesq said:

 

I did reboot, thank you.  Maybe I should be more specific.  When I downloaded the adblocker apps (I tried more than one) they would appear in the extensions tab of Safari preferences but they were unchecked.  When I tried to check the boxes to load the extensions, Safari would not allow the boxes to stay checked.  Thus, the extensions were present in preferences but did not load into Safari or provide the function for which they were installed.

 

That's what I faced as well. With the difference that I already had Wipr and Enpass installed before upgrading to 10.15.4 b2. First time I booted after the upgrade, Wipr and Enpass were unchecked. Tried checking with no effect. so what I did was Reboot, then check again on Safari, problem fixed, I could enable them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 2:54 PM, TimeLord04 said:

Still, I prefer DuckDuckGo to Google, Bing, or Yahoo...

You are aware that DDG pulls from Bing and Yahoo! right? They just anonymize the results but you're essentially using Bing/Yahoo! just without the tracking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another successful update no issues  x58 still on the track Clover bootloader legacy mode:thumbsup_anim:

Screenshot 2020-02-26 at 22.48.04.png

Edited by Rocky12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiem said:

You are aware that DDG pulls from Bing and Yahoo! right? They just anonymize the results but you're essentially using Bing/Yahoo! just without the tracking.

Nope, didn't know this.  However; just set up Cloudflare on Firefox, and OpenDNS on the MacOS DNS Settings.

 

I like locking down what I can....  ;)  :thumbsup_anim:

 

 

TimeLord04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem is that it downloads and then reboots to apple logo then restarts.  But upon loading clover there is no Install macOS entry at all.  Tried twice now.

 

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, norton287 said:

My problem is that it downloads and then reboots to apple logo then restarts.  But upon loading clover there is no Install macOS entry at all.  Tried twice now.

 

Any ideas?

only workaround ive found is rolling back to Catalina, and then updating to the latest beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ricktm said:

only workaround ive found is rolling back to Catalina, and then updating to the latest beta

Will give that a try today, thank you very much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
1
20 hours ago, iCanaro said:

my ryzentosh :thumbsup_anim:

 

350407_Schermata2020-02-26alle21_04_46.thumb.png.53b0d87dd14598ac7918c8cd1d502dc5.png2099003746_Schermata2020-02-26alle21_05_16.png.040b02a1c7299eccfc34c9348f0ab03d.png

1696834559_Schermata2020-02-26alle21_11_52.thumb.png.03ccd7aa4fa66d7e288357f6833d342a.png

Does this mean there is some form of CPU power management for AMD CPU? Is it using the CPU buildin power management?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×