Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Franklin_NGO

Catalina installer on thinkpad P53s keep reboot at "13 minutes remaining"

1 post in this topic

Hello, does anyone here has experience on thinkpad P hackintoshing? I'm using vanilla guide (my EFI is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i3xzh9lnjpae9nj/EFI_Thinkpad_P53s.zip/file)
Hackintosh: Catalina 10.15.2
Hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8665U Processor (1.90GHz GHz 8MB)
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P520 2 GB GDDR5/ intel UHD 620
RAM: 16.0GB PC4-19200 DDR4 Soldered 2400MHz
SSD/ HDD: 1TB SSD Samsung PCIe
Motherboard/Laptop model: Intel Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH rev. 30/ Thinkpad P53s
BIOS: Lenovo version 1.60 (12/30/2019)
Screen: 15.6 "FHD IPS AntiGlare LED Backlight 1920x1080
Ethernet Card: Intel I219-LM
Wifi/BT Card: Wireless Intel AC adapter 9560 2x2ac with BT5.0

Status: disabled dGPU, patched HD620 (able to boot to the installation USB without fake ID)

Problem: I finished the first phase of installation (auto reboot at 2 minutes remaining); then I was able to boot to the new installed disk, but it keeps rebooting at "13 minutes remaining". The verbose as in the picture.
Thank you and good day.

P53s.jpg

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By midi-sama
      After a long time of cooking this computer up with a lot of stuff, I'm finally releasing my guide for this P50 with OpenCore.

Lenovo ThinkPad P50 macOS Install with OpenCore

This thread may be used for questions/corrections/additions. Good Luck.
    • By Simon's InsaneMac
      Hi, I'm kind of lost when scrolling to Clover Configurator, so I decided to use an EFI from the web and just configure the most basic stuff. But that sadly didn't work, im always getting the attached screen IMG_0054.HEIC (and I don't know whether all the errors are listed, as I can't scroll). 
      Anyways I thought it'd be better to do a custom setup. Can anyone give me some help with what to choose in the settings? Here's my rig:
      i7 8700k
      Asus z370-G (Rog Strix)
      gtx 1060 6gb
      samsung ssd (SATA)
      WD hard drive

Your help would be much appreciated!
    • By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

Catalina 10.15.4 - Windows 10
      What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) No problem so far ASUS HyperKit with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB  
      What is not working:
      -  

Not tested:
      VideoProc says that Hardware Decoding\Encoding is fully supported and enabled on both HD 530 and RX 5700 but I didn't test it Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: Primary Display: Auto iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled RC6(Render Standby): Enabled DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: Intel SpeedStep: Enabled CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5106): Click here -> asus-z170_clover_5107.zip  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Notes:

2020.03.26: Updated to 10.15.4 -> Updated WhateverGreen, Lilu -> Updated Clover to v5107
      2020.03.23: Removed "EmuVariableUefi.efi" -> deleted, caused false nvram map, now it's native, updated Clover to v5106
      2020.02.11: Updated to 10.15.3 -> No problem when/after installing
      2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload

• By Rohan20
      Opencore is running really really slow on Catalina 10.15.4. So It was running perfectly before I put the ssdt-pnlf for enabling Brightness control. it is running really slow and I verified my config with the sanity checker and its all correct. can someone please help. I am attaching my oc folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drkek0eaz19ina5/OC.zip?dl=0