Dell Inspiron 7548 Audio Issue 10.11.6 El Capitan

igbeserk

1 post in this topic

Hey Guys,

Looking for assistance if possible have a dell inspiron 7548 that i'm struggling with getting audio working correctly.  Now i've done some research and looked at a couple of different guides but my issue still exists whether i'm using a patched applehda or an applealc.  But basically my audio works initially then stops.  So with everything done (config set to layout 3, patched dsdt or no patched dsdt, applehda patched or applealc w hda enabler etc sorry tried too many combinations) I get audio both speakers and headphones the system shows internal speakers by default until i plug in headphones then it switches to headphones.  and works fine initially.  Now if i reboot the laptop or turn it off and come back to it after the initial time the internal speakers still work fine but the headphones sound like someone is playing with a mic or a bunch of loud interfering static. If i reboot the issue still comes back and the noise that gets created shows up the apple logo boot up screen.  Only way to correct this issue is undoing everything and redoing it.  Not sure what i am missing or overlooking and like i said i've looked over quite a couple of documents such as the patching the applehda.  Any insight would be appreciated.  I have everything else working except for the headphone audio i also have no HDMI audio but that isn't a concern it'd be nice if i can get it working but not that big of a deal.  Thank you guys.  

Dell inspiron 7548

ALC255 / ALC3234  

El Capitan 10.11.6

config.plist

DSDT.aml

Dell Inspiron 7548.txt

20200126_113128.jpg