Atheros AR9565

HenryV

4 posts in this topic

m.2 DW1707/AR9565 shows yellow wifi indicator in network applet when turned on in 10.13.6, 10.14.6 and yellow ethernet in 10.15.2.

Icon in desktop panel indicates looking but not find networks in all three.  Same wifi card detects available networks in linux without issue.

The attached kext is labeled particularly for 10.13.6, but wifi is not being detected even in that version.  In all cases Atheros 40 kext is installed S/L/E as plugin in 80211 family kext with reparied permissions.

Can anyone who has this working in sierra, high sierra, mojave or catalina please post what you did including any dsdt/config.plist mods?

From what I have read in these forums the modded atheros 40 kext is supposed to work.  Is this failure to detect networks specific to any particular brand(s) of laptops?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

AR956X-10.13.6.tar.gz

Thanks Hervé

Would have much rather gotten a Broadcom 4352 but the market is limited to what is available in country without customs issues.  Interesting you noted the Japan country code.  I saw this in the device profile:

Card Type:    AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x20E)
Firmware Version:    Atheros 9565:

Do you know for a fact that this is a country code issue?

If you tried to change the counry code what did you do?

Did you find a utility that runs under windows or linux?

I had a PCIe atheros from a previous laptop and there was a windows utility to tweak the card embedded settings.  If it is programmable at the factory there must be some way to change the country code post production.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I have a WiFi card dw1707 / AR9565, I would like to know how to run bluetooth on this card ??  The card is inserted into the laptop acer v3-371 i5 5257u, Intel iris6100.  The installed system is Catalina, WiFi Works on this card.

• 4 weeks later...