Dell XPS 15 9560 4k Struggling for perfection

lukybiernat

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm returning after a few years of break.
I wanted to make my "MacBook Touch 15", after following some tuts I've already managed to create a bootable usb drive with High Sierra - as I need nVidia acceleration for Maya.
My current config is the i7 model, 4k touch display, 16gb, 500gb ssd. I'm just wating for my new wifi card to arrive.
I ordered the DW1820A BCM94350ZAE, as it's the cheapest, most compatible wifi card out there?
After I get it running I'm planning to upg[rade to a 1-2 TB ssd drive and 64GB of ram. 
For a quick start I copied the EFI content from gunslinger https://drive.google.com/open?id=14jX_o1t4Kvz7rSL2VMtc5tMBe23w1hg-

I`m a perfectionist so I want to make it as native and clean as possible (with some help of you hopefully) :D 
Any suggestions / help, really appreciated!

dellXPS15_bootup.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello, 
I finally got my new WD Black in a external case, bootable high sierra usb drive and a working vmware 10.13 on my win 10.
Though when I boot from my install usb thumb drive and want to install on my external ssd, I can't becasue of the error of missing firmware.
I already tried installing in from my vwware, cloning but nothin seems to work :(
Any suggestions?
Many thanks

OK, Nevermind I've put it inside my machine and it worked -.-

Edited by lukybiernat