Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fantomas

Versions bêta : macOS 10.15.3

8 posts in this topic

Advertisement
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TimothyF
      My steps so far:
      Set up Catalina install USB exactly according to Plain Vanilla guide. Disconnect my Windows drive in PC, so that only the empty Hard Drive is connected to Motherboard. Boot to USB, select Install Catalina option. BIOS set to UEFI, Safe mode Off. Always get stuck at the same IOconsoleUsers: GIOScreenLockState point. Tried -radvesa, -radoff, nv-disable=0 boot options (separately), and disabling BIOS virtualization (vt-d) -> NO luck. This from the top search result https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/b5a6ry/ioconsoleusersgioscreenlockstate_3_blackscreen/  
      Screen pics attached. Here are the last couple of lines that could be important:
      GTrace synchronization point 4
      Unsupported CPU
      Unsupported PCH
      Adding ADGP mode validate property
      hmm.. mismatch sizes 3100 vs 20
      IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
      IOconsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Please give me some ideas what else might work. Thank you.

Other details of Clover and Desktop PC below:

Clover USB specs OS installer used: Catalina (10.15) Clover revision: 5103 Kexts included: ATH9KFixup.kext AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext USBInjectAll.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext config.plist: config.plist ------------------------------------------ Target Desktop specs: Dell Inspiron 3847 (64 bit) CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 3.2 GHz, 4 cores Architecture: Haswell GPU: Intel HD 4600 Motherboard: Dell 088DT1 (version A01) Chipset: Intel H81 Install method: with USB, configured with Clover, 100% following Plain Vanilla guide for Desktops RAM: 12 GB, 2 slots Hard drive for installation: SATA HDD 4TB, by HGST LAN: RTL8111/8168/8411 WLAN: AR9565 (atheros) Audio: Realtek ALC661 (not 100% sure this is correct)  
    • By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

Catalina 10.15.4 - Windows 10
      What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) No problem so far ASUS HyperKit with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB  
      What is not working:
      -  

Not tested:
      VideoProc says that Hardware Decoding\Encoding is fully supported and enabled on both HD 530 and RX 5700 but I didn't test it Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: Primary Display: Auto iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled RC6(Render Standby): Enabled DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: Intel SpeedStep: Enabled CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5107): Click here -> asus-z170_clover_5107.zip  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Notes:

2020.03.26: Updated to 10.15.4 -> Updated WhateverGreen, Lilu -> Updated Clover to v5107
      2020.03.23: Removed "EmuVariableUefi.efi" -> deleted, caused false nvram map, now it's native, updated Clover to v5106
      2020.02.11: Updated to 10.15.3 -> No problem when/after installing
      2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload

• By dasca.thea
      Hi everyone,

I have run into a frustrating problem here.

My hardware:
      MSI x399 Meg Creation
      2990WX
      64GB ram @2933Mhz
      Radeon 7
      Sata: Samsung 130GB SSD
      M.2: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB(latest firmware)

Using OpenCore 0.5.6
      (NVMeFix NVMeDxe installed)
      I have successful installed OSX catalina onto my 130GB. It works flawlessly.

and then I figure I should do it on my M.2 drive. It installs flawlessly, at the last stage of installation, it naturally restart and thats it.
      I can not boot into this newly installed OS on the M.2 drive. it keeps throwing: "error loading kernel cache 0x1"

I have tried deleting the prelinkedkernel from recovery partition. Tried rebuilding cache(I have not installed any kext into L/E).

All this time, I can use the same boot USB to boot into catalina on my sata 130Gb SSD working just fine.

attached is my EFI folder. I have tried all the suggested SMBios iMacPro1,1 MacPro6,1 MacPro7,1

is this ruled out that samsung 970Pro doesnt work?
      Please help. 

EFI.zip
    • By TimothyF
      My PROBLEM: I followed the Plain Vanilla guide (https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/) to a T in creating the OS X Catalina installer USB. I'm totally new to Hackintosh, and just want an Apple environment to Time Machine migrate my files and system from my ageing MacBook Pro. When I start to use the USB on the target PC (Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop), I ONLY see the Microsoft (which is the original OS, and on a SEPARATE Hard drive from where I want to install Mac OS), ZERO option for installing the OSX Catalina! Please SEE PICTURE link: https://imgur.com/a/FnLB2Q9   I'm a beginner, but I tried to google my problem. The answers were either incomplete, hard for me to understand and put into action, or were outdated and applied to older OSXs. I appreciate any help in diagnosing and solving this problem!   Clover USB specs OS installer used: Catalina (10.15) Clover revision: 5103 Kexts included: ATH9KFixup.kext AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext USBInjectAll.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext config.plist: see attached ------------------------------------------ Target Desktop specs: Dell Inspiron 3847 (64 bit) CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 3.2 GHz, 4 cores Architecture: Haswell GPU: Intel HD 4600 Motherboard: Dell 088DT1 (version A01) Chipset: Intel H81 Install method: with USB, configured with Clover, 100% following Plain Vanilla guide for Desktops RAM: 12 GB, 2 slots Hard drive for installation: SATA HDD 4TB, by HGST LAN: RTL8111/8168/8411 WLAN: AR9565 (atheros) Audio: Realtek ALC661 (not 100% sure this is correct)   ------------------------------------ Attached:
      Screenshot of Clover installer not showing the Mac OSX option
      config.plist of my installer USB
      Clover_Install_Log.txt (not sure if this is relevant)   THANK YOU VERY MUCH!     config.plist
      Clover_Install_Log.txt