[SUCCESS] HUANANZHI X79-ZD3 + Xeon E5-2689 [Mojave 10.14.6] [Big Sur 11.2.3] [Monterey 12.0.1] [Sonoma beta 7]

verdazil

138 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2022 at 1:37 AM, verdazil said:

A guaranteed solution has been found to resolve CPU core synchronization error when booting macOS 12 and newer. (Credits to @Slice)

The solution is to edit DSDT.aml like this:

1. Remove "redundant" entries for non-existent CPUs

image.png.56fc805a036cf66d83157b3dac4a3eef.png

2. Remove "redundant" entries for non-existent CPUs threads

image.thumb.png.48f53c98183a9bf43edc9e088dc345b8.png

3. For all real CPU threads, do the following edit:

image.png.c697add38b41075e6d060232af42749b.png

Notes:

- use attached VoodooTSCSync.kext version and DSDT sample.

- use OpenCore parameter UEFI --> Quirks --> TscSyncTimeout (number) 500000

VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip 9.97 kB · 6 downloads DSDT.aml.zip 9.37 kB · 8 downloads

hi @verdazil, I have followed your steps to modify the DSDT, but I can not change/remove "redundant" entries for non-existent CPUs threads as you mentioned above. Please let tell me how can do that. I'm sorry for bothering you. Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, Zuja4701 said:

hi @verdazil, I have followed your steps to modify the DSDT, but I can not change/remove "redundant" entries for non-existent CPUs threads as you mentioned above. Please let tell me how can do that. I'm sorry for bothering you. Thanks in advance!

@Zuja4701 @verdazil

It's simple edit of your DSDT.aml, use macIASL. Grab this version here (by RehabMan v1.31). This is the only version that worked for me, without compiling errors. Make sure you select output format "ACPI 6.2a" under Preference setting. 

If the DSDT.aml you posted on Oct 11 is the correct version, I made the changes for you (see attached files).   I've also added a few more changes, by removing IRQ 0/8 for RTC/TMR, as well as HPET._CRS to XCRS rename. These patches (specified under your config.plist->ACPI->patch) must be included here when you do DSDT overwrite.

DSDT-patched.aml

image.thumb.png.555f909ae2c5e2fc25bbb40db956dd8e.png

Your T7910 is the Dual CPUs version of T5810 which I own (same BIOS), thus the result is unlikely different from mine: same kernel panic.  But please go ahead and give it a try.

Edited by BillDH2k
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Slice said:

It looks like I have a success with another kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip 8.16 kB · 3 downloads

Moreover, I am using Clover and FakeSMC.

@Slice  I am willing to give it a Clover a try. Last time I used Clover was two years ago. One question: is Clover Configurator (5.23.0.0 latest) uptodate to use? Thanks!

9 hours ago, BillDH2k said:

@Zuja4701 @verdazil

It's simple edit of your DSDT.aml, use macIASL. Grab this version here (by RehabMan v1.31). This is the only version that worked for me, without compiling errors. Make sure you select output format "ACPI 6.2a" under Preference setting. 

If the DSDT.aml you posted on Oct 11 is the correct version, I made the changes for you (see attached files).   I've also added a few more changes, by removing IRQ 0/8 for RTC/TMR, as well as HPET._CRS to XCRS rename. These patches (specified under your config.plist->ACPI->patch) must be included here when you do DSDT overwrite.

DSDT-patched.aml 169 kB · 1 download

Your T7910 is the Dual CPUs version of T5810 which I own (same BIOS), thus the result is unlikely different from mine: same kernel panic.  But please go ahead and give it a try.

@BillDH2k thank you very much for your help. I will let you know the results this afternoon

16 hours ago, BillDH2k said:

@Slice  I am willing to give it a Clover a try. Last time I used Clover was two years ago. One question: is Clover Configurator (5.23.0.0 latest) uptodate to use? Thanks!

No, Clover Configurator lives own life. See Clover WiKi in the case of doubts.

20 hours ago, BillDH2k said:

@Zuja4701 @verdazil

DSDT-patched.aml 169 kB · 3 downloads

Hello @BillDH2k, I tried to boot with your DSDT-patched above, but it is still the same kernel panic. I think that DSDT is correct, but the problem seems from something else. Please let me know if you have some new idea to solve this problem. Thanks a lot!

IMG_0059.JPG

1 hour ago, Zuja4701 said:

Hello @BillDH2k, I tried to boot with your DSDT-patched above, but it is still the same kernel panic. I think that DSDT is correct, but the problem seems from something else. Please let me know if you have some new idea to solve this problem. Thanks a lot!

IMG_0059.JPG

You need to add "Name(_HID, "ACPI0007"".

It should turn out something like in the sample.

CPU.dsl

• Thanks 1

@pitrysha  I did exactly that already with my DELL T5810, but same kernel panic. I "borrowed" the codes from HP Z440, (which has no problem with Monterey), then made the suggested name changes. Also, tried the suggested "simpler" version, but same result. These mods, interesting, did not impact Big Sur booting (worked as before).

This is the code I tested with T5810, without success. The CPU codes were copied from HP Z440, then name changed to match the :

image.thumb.png.3d0f7ed2d9a2a4de0966d51af45bce3e.png

Also tried this s"simpler" version, without success: 

image.png.d7dce26c532eac1c7e71fdb0ac9f6823.png

Edited by BillDH2k

11 hours ago, BillDH2k said:

@pitrysha  I did exactly that already with my DELL T5810, but same kernel panic. I "borrowed" the codes from HP Z440, (which has no problem with Monterey), then made the suggested name changes. Also, tried the suggested "simpler" version, but same result.

This is the code I tested with T5810, without success. The CPU codes were copied from HP Z440, then name changed to match the :

image.thumb.png.3d0f7ed2d9a2a4de0966d51af45bce3e.png

Also tried this s"simpler" version, without success: 

image.png.d7dce26c532eac1c7e71fdb0ac9f6823.png

DELL T5810 - Look here, maybe you will find a solution

https://github.com/OreyM/Hackintosh-Dell-T5810-Xeon-E5-26xx-V3-OpenCore-PowerMac-G5

7 hours ago, pitrysha said:

DELL T5810 - Look here, maybe you will find a solution

https://github.com/OreyM/Hackintosh-Dell-T5810-Xeon-E5-26xx-V3-OpenCore-PowerMac-G5

@pitrysha The issue with these DELL systems (like T5810/7910, possibly T5610 too) is the kernel panic ("non-monotonic time") during booting, under Monterey only, caused by out of sync TSC. This thread about Huananzhi X79 board having appeared to be similar issue but was resolved with CPU tables changes. I am trying to test if we could resolve it with similar approach. So far, no success.

I will try Clover, per @Slice suggestion, as a last resort. 

Edited by BillDH2k

1 hour ago, BillDH2k said:

@pitrysha The issue with these DELL systems (like T5810/7910, possibly T5610 too) is the kernel panic ("non-monotonic time") during booting, under Monterey only, caused by out of sync TSC. This thread about Huananzhi X79 board having appeared to be similar issue but was resolved with CPU tables changes. I am trying to test if we could resolve it with similar approach. So far, no success.

That's sound great @BillDH2k, please let me know if you have something news. Thank you!

3 hours ago, BillDH2k said:

If Big Sur was loaded, then this EFI should be enough for you. Perhaps you still need to emulate NVRAM.

EFI.zip

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pitrysha said:

If Big Sur was loaded, then this EFI should be enough for you. Perhaps you still need to emulate NVRAM.

EFI.zip 4.23 MB · 1 download

Apprecitaed your follow up. Could you elaborate more on your EFI? Like what does it do differently? Sorry if I did not make it clear, I have a perfect OC EFI already for running Big Sur, but could not boot up Monterey.

19 minutes ago, BillDH2k said:

Apprecitaed your follow up. Could you elaborate more on your EFI? Like what does it do differently? Sorry if I did not make it clear, I have a perfect OC EFI already for running Big Sur, but could not boot up Monterey.

I didn't see your EFI, but I saw EFI @Zuja4701
https://www.insanelymac.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=341600&content_commentid=2795805
and made EFI as I see it

On 10/28/2022 at 1:46 AM, pitrysha said:

EFI.zip 4.23 MB · 5 downloads

Hello @pitrysha, there are some improvement when I use your modified EFI. It can boot without KP problems, but it is still some error such as "couldn't alloc class applekeystoretest". Please tell me how can I fix this problem. Thank you very much!

IMG_0107.JPG

Hi,

I'm following this thread with interest, because I have same issues on DELL T5610 with 2 x 2697 V2

I was using before a DELL T5600 with 2 x 2690 V1 with no issues with OC and Catalina.

I was unable to update (Big Sur etc.) and decided change Mobo and CPU (nice deal helped on the decision)

On the T5600 I was using:

1) LEGACY boot (not possible to boot using UEFI) 

2) Modded Firmware with some unlock (AMT enabling).

I have now dumped firmware of T5610 and asking the forum if they can help (I see there is also possibility to enable NVME boot).

Who helped me on previous machine could see "TMP and TCM security". He also talked about unlocking MSR 0XE2, but I think it can be only done with a programmer.

So I'll try if modded firmware could help on the T5610. Maybe it could help also on the 5810/7910.

9 hours ago, vdv said:

Hi,

I'm following this thread with interest, because I have same issues on DELL T5610 with 2 x 2697 V2

I was using before a DELL T5600 with 2 x 2690 V1 with no issues with OC and Catalina.

I was unable to update (Big Sur etc.) and decided change Mobo and CPU (nice deal helped on the decision)

On the T5600 I was using:

1) LEGACY boot (not possible to boot using UEFI) 

2) Modded Firmware with some unlock (AMT enabling).

I have now dumped firmware of T5610 and asking the forum if they can help (I see there is also possibility to enable NVME boot).

Who helped me on previous machine could see "TMP and TCM security". He also talked about unlocking MSR 0XE2, but I think it can be only done with a programmer.

So I'll try if modded firmware could help on the T5610. Maybe it could help also on the 5810/7910.

Hello @vdv, have you tried to install Monterey/Ventura on Dell T5610? I have Dell T7910 with 2x2699v4 which is no issues with Big Sur, but there are some trouble with Monterey. Please let me know if you have some new information on your specs with Monterey/Ventura. Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, vdv said:

@Zuja4701 only Catalina. I have used working installation of the 5600 and updated EFI for the 5610. 
I actually have 2 installation, one with Clover and other with OC. 

@vdv, I had a dell T5610 with 2x E5-2690 before, there was no issues with OC 0.7.5 when I installed Big Sur and Monterey. 

CinebenchR23-Monterey_v12.png

Well that would help me a lot.
Do you still have this efi folder? So I could test them. I still have the 2690 cpus, so I could have exactly same machine (5610+2x2690)
My aim is than to upgrade to the 2x 2697V2. 

I’ll post my EFI (OC and Clover): maybe you could find my mistakes. It would be fantastic. 

47 minutes ago, vdv said:

Well that would help me a lot.
Do you still have this efi folder? So I could test them. I still have the 2690 cpus, so I could have exactly same machine (5610+2x2690)
My aim is than to upgrade to the 2x 2697V2. 

I’ll post my EFI (OC and Clover): maybe you could find my mistakes. It would be fantastic. 

Here is my EFI for dell T5610 with dual E5-2690 on MacOS Monterey 12.1

EFI-Dell-T5600-Monterey.zip

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zuja4701 said:

Here is my EFI for dell T5610 with dual E5-2690 on MacOS Monterey 12.1

EFI-Dell-T5600-Monterey.zip 9.05 MB · 4 downloads

Hi, 

many thanks. I'll give it a try.

I quickly looked into it: do you think 5600 will work on 5610?

My current EFI here enclosed. Can you have a look?

Only able to boot with CPUS=1 otherwise KPanic

1st big difference is number and type of Drivers I'm using VS yours.

2nd I'm using CpuTsc in place of VoodooTsc.

3rrd I'm using USBMap.kext in place of the SSDT-UIAC (not sure if it can give issues).

Thanks

EFI E2697V2 T5610.zip