nmano

Open CORE Kernel & Kext patch for X99/X299 motherboard

fantomas

The contents of these post are outdated, all the XCPM patches for X99 and similar chipsets can be enabled within Kernel → Quirks section

Message added by fantomas

208 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

It works, i get the FWHD device into ioregistry explorer but i still got the same kp, i will continue to look at the differences beetwenn the dsdt of my system and the working one and see if there is anything else in need of a patch

Wouldn’t be easier to get IOReg from real iMacPro and check/compare device-ids[(device by device) and “fix” them(either with gfxutil(config.plist>DeviceProperties>Add) or SSDT-hotpatches]? Only suggestion, ignore if it doesn’t make sense.

Edited by hardcorehenry

Advertisement

SSDT-ARTC made from Cclown98’s DSDT.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "HACK", "ARTC", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPC0, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPC0)
    {
        If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
        {
            Device (ARTC)
            {
                Name (_HID, "ACPI000E" /* Time and Alarm Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
                Method (_GCP, 0, NotSerialized)  // _GCP: Get Capabilities
                {
                    Return (0x05)
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

@ITzTravelInTime Here you have Both original and patched dsdt, i can't really tell you what is what does not let you boot since i've been using this board for almost 1 year and i patched my dsdt on catalina where i didn't have problems to boot but when I do not use my dsdt (disabled) the crashed are related to IOPCIFamily and NVMe M.2 port (which is PCI as well) and also using a Adata S11 Gamix NVMe disk (which is recognized natively by the OS as supported and gets trim without forcing it, i've teste it on a IMac pro using an adapter)

DSDT-ORIGINAL.aml

DSDT.aml

Letting the folks know....

Just tried the new beta 7 that was released.... still same situation.

Really crazy... X99 seems to be the most problematic hardware at the moment to transition to Big Sur.

Sigh

1 hour ago, byzyn4ik said:

Same panic on x79 too.

Hopefully vit9696 will help us. He said it wasn't on his list but if it's an end to x99 and x79 then that's gonna have to be noted in Dortania and why not patch them if possible. I wrote it on reddit, but they erased it because they don't allow un-released software support.vit9696 said it was an issue with iopcifamily.kext that we would have to wait for the source code to fix. Maybe so maybe not, these guys may not help

2 hours ago, byzyn4ik said:

Same panic on x79 too.

@byzyn4ik 
if you don't mind the scorn of not having a new $2000 system, you could post your KP on the Big Sur and opencore discussion threads, and maybe vit or d-fritz might see it and say something.