GB-BRi5H-8250 DW1820A Bluetooth in Catalina

pac-man

9 posts in this topic

Hello Community,

I've built a new system based on the Gigabyte Brix BRi5H-8250 in which I have replaced the WiFi/BT module with a DW1820A card.

I have installed a fresh Catalina 10.15.1 and installed Clover Bootloader v5089.

I've also started with a really minimal config.plist and with minimal drivers and kexts (see screenshots and config)

WiFi is working but there is no Bluetooth card found.

Any ideas how to get also BT working?

Attachment list:

config.plist -> clover config

Mac mini.ioreg -> IORegistryExplorer export

ACPI_origin -> Output on Clover Menu pressing F4 key

shot1 -> working WiFi

shot2 -> Hackintool info

shot3 -> Clover on EFI

Regards,

pac-man

config.plist

Mac mini.ioreg

ACPI_origin.zip

shot01.png

shot02.png

shot03.png

Edited by pac-man
wrong kext screenshot...

Finally got an available Bluetooth device after using following additional kext files:

- AirportBrcmFixup.kext

- USBInjectAll.kext

With this additional kext files I'm able to find another bluetooth devices but a connection can not be established.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by pac-man

On 11/18/2019 at 11:36 PM, pac-man said:

Finally got an available Bluetooth device after using following additional kext files:

- AirportBrcmFixup.kext

- USBInjectAll.kext

With this additional kext files I'm able to find another bluetooth devices but a connection can not be established.

Any ideas how to fix this?

hi pac-man;

here are my advice - make sure usb port patch is correctly and bluetooth port are internal.
delete all bluetooth kext from efi and replace with attached 
I could confirm, I have working bluetooth and I also have dw1820a cn-096jnt p
art

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.zip

BrcmFirmwareData.kext.zip

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.zip

I think the "failing connection" was a result of switching between two WiFi/BT devices (DW1820A and DW1830).

Finally I'm using now the DW1830 device because WiFi is a little bit better than the DW1820A.

Well, after a complete new install of Clover, nearly all is working now but I think resetting the bluetooth info like described at https://github.com/bavariancake/XPS9570-macOS could be an alternative for the "clean install".

The only not (yet) really working feature is "AppleWatch unlock" which is only working after "re-enabeling" this feature under the security settings as long no restart is done.

Btw: BrcmPatchRAM3.kext is replacing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in case of using Catalina in combination with the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (see parallel Thread)

Edited by pac-man

1 hour ago, pac-man said:

I think the "failing connection" was a result of switching between two WiFi/BT devices (DW1820A and DW1830).

Finally I'm using now the DW1830 device because WiFi is a little bit better than the DW1820A.

Well, after a complete new install of Clover, nearly all is working now but I think resetting the bluetooth info like described at https://github.com/bavariancake/XPS9570-macOS could be an alternative for the "clean install".

The only not (yet) really working feature is "AppleWatch unlock" which is only working after "re-enabeling" this feature under the security settings as long no restart is done.

Btw: BrcmPatchRAM3.kext is replacing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in case of using Catalina in combination with the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (see parallel Thread)

good good. give me please link to parallel thread
but, RAM3 don't load firmware on 1820a card BTW) so RAM2 just worked

23 minutes ago, pac-man said:

Follow this thread: 

As long as you stay on Mojave it is ok to use RAM2 but for Catalina its better to use RAM3.

Btw: BrcmPatchRAM version 2.50 should contain your firmware...

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/tag/2.5.0

thanks pac-man. but its strange, I already checked 2.5 with RAM3 in Catalina and firmware are not loaded... and after long search I found that older version that load firmware... idk

Well, if you don't have any problems with RAM2 in your system be happy and use it. In my setup I had to use RAM3 and the firmware was loaded.

Maybe it depends on the WiFi/BT card and maybe our two cards are a little different. I have mine from ebay (https://www.ebay.de/itm/Broadcom-BCM94350ZAE-802-11AC-867Mbps-Wireless-DW-1820A-BT-4-1-M-2-NGFF-0VW3T3/253397919458?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)

Edited by pac-man
  • Thanks 1