Why won't installed Canon printer show up in driver list?

Geesu

5 posts in this topic

So I've tried a netgear print server - and I've tried just sharing the printer from a windows box...

But the only way OS X will recognize the printer as it's correct model is if i plug it directly in...

How can I "navigate" to the correct printer driver for my model? (sorry I'm a new mac user and don't understand the concepts of driver w/in os x yet - do they have a certain extension/location?)

Thanks!!

Josh

use the windows samba printing. you should follow mac girl's instruction on adding a network printer.

system preferences > print & fax > + button > youll get a printer browser window.

hold the windows key (apple key on mac keyboard) and click on more printers

then ;

the 1st column choose advance, itll change the UI

in the device column choose Windows Printer Via Samba

put in any device name. you can put your name there.

device URL = smb://username:password@ip.of.the.printer/sharename

printer model > choose accordingly. if not listed , you might want to install the driver (usually provided by the manufacturer of your printer)

if it wasnt provided, you might want to install it using your os x install DVD (if you uncheck the printer during first install)

there will be model name and bla bla in the list. please try this method. it worked for me (using semthex kernel 8.8.1 10.4.8)

thanks rolo... but...

printer model > choose accordingly. if not listed , you might want to install the driver (usually provided by the manufacturer of your printer)

My issue is this - I've installed the printer drive but I can't choose the driver - it's not listed - is there a way to browse to the actual driver?

Or what is the extension for default browsers in os x and I can run a locate/find in terminal to find where it is.

Thanks,

Josh