Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WizeMan

GFX that Supports DRM?

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

 

Quite a noob with the Hackintosh stuff. I recently set up a vanilla install of 10.15.1 on a pc with:

 

Gigabyte z370m sd3h

i3-8350K

 

I am currently using the i3 's iGPU (Intel UHD 630) and DRM content does not play (Netflix, Prime Video, AppleTV+ or iTunes Movies) and I am looking to upgrade with a GFX Card that works with DRM content.

 

Do you have any experience on a GFX Card that plays well DRM Content?

 

Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Hackintosh and DRM content doesn't mix ...:( , Chrome browser can play netflix fine but limited to 720p. Safari, AppleTV, and iTunes Movies are in the same bag and won't play DRM content on most hackintosh. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not necessarily a matter of iGPU or discrete graphics card but more a matter with macOS itself. For instance, Netflix will systematically fail to play videos in Safari whether on a Hackintosh or a real Mac but it's Ok with Chrome.

 

Make sure you run with latest versions of Lilu + WEG kexts. For instance, these would fix a DRM-related issues such as those of of green videos in iTunes (previously fixed by Shiki plugin). But that particular issue might have been occurring on some specific iGPUs or dGPUs, I cannot remember exactly.

 

Edited by Hervé

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hervé said:

For instance, Netflix will systematically fail to play videos in Safari whether on a Hackintosh or a real Mac but it's Ok with Chrome.

Thats funny because I have Netflix working in Safari without issues. See attached movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Safari, AppleTV, and iTunes Movies are in the same bag and won't play DRM content on most hackintosh. 

 

Not quite true, as Herve says having the latest versions of Lilu + WEG kexts and a little tinkering should enable the ability to play DRM Movies and Stream Apple TV. There is an old tutorial that's been around for a while how to enable DRM on a Hack, may still work on Catalina but mine worked right away. On my hack I can play all my purchased iTune movies and currently I am watching 'The Morning Show' with Jenifer Aniston (cause I got the hots for her :drool: :hysterical::hysterical: ). I don't know about Netflix though as I don't subscribe to the service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess, it depend on system configuration, I has always used the dgpu with igp turned on in headless mode, And I wasn't able to play netflix or itune DRM contents in my hack regardless of hack method applied. I heard netflix won't played on external monitor when it can't verify if it's hdcp compliance monitor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Not quite true, as Herve says having the latest versions of Lilu + WEG kexts and a little tinkering should enable the ability to play DRM Movies and Stream Apple TV. There is an old tutorial that's been around for a while how to enable DRM on a Hack, may still work on Catalina but mine worked right away. On my hack I can play all my purchased iTune movies and currently I am watching 'The Morning Show' with Jenifer Aniston (cause I got the hots for her :drool: :hysterical::hysterical: ). I don't know about Netflix though as I don't subscribe to the service.

What is your configuration?

 

BTW I do have Lilu & WEG on my Configuration. I do have hardware acceleration but no DRM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WizeMan said:

What is your configuration?

 

The 3rd system in my profile is where I am abled to play DRM movies in iTune and stream Apple TV services, this system was heavily configured with the help of Glasgood, AudioGod and MaLdon. The 2nd system in my profile is also able to play DRM material but I never tried streaming services, this was configured with trial and error plus running a lengthy script that was floating around the web in a tutorial a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×