Jump to content
vector sigma

Clover.app testing

353 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

nothing else, let see. But may be better that you do two reboots to see if the daemon installed the correct logout hook as we will see that only on the second one.

Thank you, second re-boot also done. Do I need to re-run the DisableSleepProxyClient from the clover app or just see if the hack wakes up again tonight?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
2 minutes ago, d620osx said:

Looks like I may be doing something wrong. I have tickled both boxes, selected Install on Clover Daemon and re-booted twice. Log attached. Thank you

clover.daemon.log

yep, looks like the old logout hook resist to the Terminal too lol. Please run this in Terminal:

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook /Library/Application\ Support/Clover/CloverLogOut 

reboot twice and reply with the log again. That must work, I guess.

@d620osx, I didn't ask, but I guess you already installed EmuVariableUefi.efi, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

yep, looks like the old logout hook resist to the Terminal too lol. Please run this in Terminal:


sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook /Library/Application\ Support/Clover/CloverLogOut 

reboot twice and reply with the log again. That must work, I guess.

@d620osx, I didn't ask, but I guess you already installed EmuVariableUefi.efi, right?

Just checked EFI > DRIVERS > BIOS > UEFI and I do have EmuVariableUefi.efi. The log does say that it is missing. Thank you

clover.daemon.log

Edited by d620osx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, d620osx said:

Just checked EFI > DRIVERS > BIOS > UEFI and I do have EmuVariableUefi.efi. The log does say that it is missing. Thank you

clover.daemon.log

The log just wanted to say that EmuVariableUefiPresent is not present. It is a variable that Clover should put in NVRAM so the daemon should know when save to nvram.plist. But the problem here is another:

Logout hook is: /Library/Application Support/Clover/CloverDaemon-stopservice

that means that rcscripts are there, up and running, when they should be removed. That is the probem. 

Now I have to go buy to two more gifts....I'll be back later..

Edited by vector sigma
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The log just wanted to say that EmuVariableUefiPresent is not present. It is a variable that Clover should put in NVRAM so the daemon should know when save to nvram.plist. But the problem here is another:
Logout hook is: /Library/Application Support/Clover/CloverDaemon-stopservice

that means that rcscripts are there, up and running, when they should be removed. That is the probem. 
Now I have to go buy to more gifts....I'll be back later..

Thank you Sir for your help. Enjoy your shopping.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my daemon log after a couple of reboots.

 

I don't have any files in either rc.boot.d or rc.shutdown.d but it still refers to them, should I perhaps clean my NVRAM?

 

---------------------------------------------------
CloverDaemon start at 2019-12-24 20:14:46
---------------------------------------------------
2019-12-24 20:14:47 - All clover startup scripts (locate in /private/etc/rc.boot.d) have been started
---------------------------------------------------
CloverDaemon start at 2019-12-24 20:19:28
---------------------------------------------------
2019-12-24 20:19:28 - All clover startup scripts (locate in /private/etc/rc.boot.d) have been started


--------------------------------------------
- CloverDaemonNew v1.0.8
- macOS Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D49f)
- System start at 2019-12-24 08:20:26
------
root mount point is '/Volumes/Macintosh HD'
Started with Clover r5101.
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Sleep Proxy Client is already enabled as default.
Clover.MountEFI=5BA6920C-B73F-46C4-9E37-AF687CAE5B25
try to mount disk0s1 as requested.
Logout hook is: /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

SIGTERM received at 2019-12-24 08:34:00
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Sleep Proxy Client is already enabled as default.

1506452144_Screenshot2019-12-24at20_40_07.png.18293923afe0bf72f981c486151cb1a4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good grief. The Clover 5101 installer was so fast it seemed like nothing happened so I ran it again. Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Beajar said:

good grief. The Clover 5101 installer was so fast it seemed like nothing happened so I ran it again. Thanks!!

Ok, I'll make it show an alert window when it done..:)

On 12/24/2019 at 9:41 PM, D-an-W said:

This is my daemon log after a couple of reboots.

 

I don't have any files in either rc.boot.d or rc.shutdown.d but it still refers to them, should I perhaps clean my NVRAM?

 


---------------------------------------------------
CloverDaemon start at 2019-12-24 20:14:46
---------------------------------------------------
2019-12-24 20:14:47 - All clover startup scripts (locate in /private/etc/rc.boot.d) have been started
---------------------------------------------------
CloverDaemon start at 2019-12-24 20:19:28
---------------------------------------------------
2019-12-24 20:19:28 - All clover startup scripts (locate in /private/etc/rc.boot.d) have been started


--------------------------------------------
- CloverDaemonNew v1.0.8
- macOS Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D49f)
- System start at 2019-12-24 08:20:26
------
root mount point is '/Volumes/Macintosh HD'
Started with Clover r5101.
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Sleep Proxy Client is already enabled as default.
Clover.MountEFI=5BA6920C-B73F-46C4-9E37-AF687CAE5B25
try to mount disk0s1 as requested.
Logout hook is: /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

SIGTERM received at 2019-12-24 08:34:00
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Sleep Proxy Client is already enabled as default.

1506452144_Screenshot2019-12-24at20_40_07.png.18293923afe0bf72f981c486151cb1a4.png

Your looks good, but looks like you're running in UEFI? isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 4:20 PM, vector sigma said:

yep, looks like the old logout hook resist to the Terminal too lol. Please run this in Terminal:


sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook /Library/Application\ Support/Clover/CloverLogOut 

reboot twice and reply with the log again. That must work, I guess.

@d620osx, I didn't ask, but I guess you already installed EmuVariableUefi.efi, right?

Sir I made a mistake, sorry. The above command you run is it for login and not for logout (LoginHook instead of LogoutHook). Please run the following to fix it:

sudo defaults delete com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook

then, if you want continue try, please run the correct command:

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook /Library/Application\ Support/Clover/CloverLogOut 

 

I'm making changes on the installation process of the Daemon because actually the logout hook is installed by him at start up, while later the logout will be installed by the app, during the installation of the daemon. This is to have an nvram.plist just before the first power off.

Edited by vector sigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Ok, I'll make it show an alert window when it done..:)

Your looks good, but looks like you're running in UEFI? isn't?

 

Hi @vector sigma, I installed a new SSD so did a fresh install and here is how it looks now...

 



--------------------------------------------
- CloverDaemonNew v1.0.8
- macOS Version 10.15.2 (Build 19C57)
- System start at 2019-12-25 10:51:20
------
root mount point is '/Volumes/Macintosh HD'
Started with Clover r5101.
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Cannot go ahead as / is read-only
Clover.MountEFI=C06B6654-5FDE-456F-B2E3-041B3ABDBDC2
try to mount disk0s1 as requested.
Logout hook is: none

SIGTERM received at 2019-12-25 10:52:50
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Cannot go ahead as / is read-only


--------------------------------------------
- CloverDaemonNew v1.0.8
- macOS Version 10.15.2 (Build 19C57)
- System start at 2019-12-25 10:53:40
------
root mount point is '/Volumes/Macintosh HD'
Started with Clover r5101.
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Cannot go ahead as / is read-only
Clover.MountEFI=C06B6654-5FDE-456F-B2E3-041B3ABDBDC2
try to mount disk0s1 as requested.
Logout hook is: none

SIGTERM received at 2019-12-26 09:00:06
Clover.DisableSleepProxyClient is not set.
Cannot go ahead as / is read-only

1456171694_Screenshot2019-12-27at13_59_33.png.1d379148bd29d91bbef0758a1adff3fe.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is ok. In this new one says: 

Logout hook is: none

And it is fine because you never install the rcscripts nor the new Daemon installed the logouthook.

The old one instead show:

Logout hook is: /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

and is fine too because you previously installed the rc scripts, but the daemon didn't remove it from com.apple.loginwindow.plist because EmuVariableUefiPresent did not exist in NVRAM. this means your're running in UEFI... Isn't?

Edited by vector sigma
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, its a UEFI install.

 

Am I right in saying that it will only notify about new versions when the number changes (5101 > 5102) and if I want the incremental stuff I should build a new version of the .app and install from there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Sir I made a mistake, sorry. The above command you run is it for login and not for logout (LoginHook instead of LogoutHook). Please run the following to fix it:


sudo defaults delete com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook

then, if you want continue try, please run the correct command:


sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook /Library/Application\ Support/Clover/CloverLogOut 

 

I'm making changes on the installation process of the Daemon because actually the logout hook is installed by him at start up, while later the logout will be installed by the app, during the installation of the daemon. This is to have an nvram.plist just before the first power off.

Hi @vector sigma,

 

No need to say sorry Sir, I am grateful for the app and the help you giving me to sort out the sleep issues.

 

I have run both commands in terminal and have attached the log.

 

Do you need me to re-run both the disable sleep and re-write scripts?

 

Thank you

 

clover.daemon.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vector sigma I am totally confused about NVRAM. My motherboard is Z390 series and as far as I know, this series board does not support native NVRAM. I normally used AptioMemoryFix.efi but lately I am starting to get allocate error on boot. (I also tried all AptioFix EFI's inside the clover none of them worked). And I decided to use OcQuirks + FwRuntimeServices.efi looks everything working now. But the OcQuirks demands the EmuvariableUefi.efi other hand EmuvariableUefi demands the RcScript. I installed CloverDaemonNew from your app am I still need RcScript? Also, how can I test my NVRAM is working properly? 

Edited by telepati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, telepati said:

@vector sigma I am totally confused about NVRAM. My motherboard is Z390 series and as far as I know, this series board does not support native NVRAM. I normally used AptioMemoryFix.efi but lately I am starting to get allocate error on boot. (I also tried all AptioFix EFI's inside the clover none of them worked). And I decided to use OcQuirks + FwRuntimeServices.efi looks everything working now. But the OcQuirks demands the EmuvariableUefi.efi other hand EmuvariableUefi demands the RcScript. I installed CloverDaemonNew from your app am I still need RcScript? Also, how can I test my NVRAM is working properly? 

 

CloverDaemonNew is a complete replacement for the RC Scripts (Page 1 of this topic). Tell me in MP, if you find a solution. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, d620osx said:

Hi @vector sigma,

 

No need to say sorry Sir, I am grateful for the app and the help you giving me to sort out the sleep issues.

 

I have run both commands in terminal and have attached the log.

 

Do you need me to re-run both the disable sleep and re-write scripts?

 

Thank you

 

clover.daemon.log

Ok now logout hook is it working and I can see progress:

- CloverLogOut v1.0.3: logout begin at 2019-12-24 03:34:55
EmuVariableUefi is not present, nvram will not be saved.
- CloverLogOut: end at 2019-12-24 03:34:55
- CloverLogOut v1.0.3: logout begin at 2019-12-26 08:52:18
EmuVariableUefi is not present, nvram will not be saved.
- CloverLogOut: end at 2019-12-26 08:52:18

It state that He can't found the EmuVariableUefiPresent variable (means that EmuVariableUefi.efi is not loaded or not installed), so It wont save the nvram. Can you post your entire EFI directory after removing any serial you may have from the config.plist? thanks in advance.

Until EmuVariableUefiPresent is not present in the emulated nvram, there no will be chances that the CloverDaemonNew (nor the RC scripts) will save the nvram because it think you're running with native nvram.

Edited by vector sigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, telepati said:

Also, how can I test my NVRAM is working properly? 

Ok, run in Terminal the following:

sudo nvram telepati=hi

reboot. After the reboot open again the Terminal and type:

nvram telepati

if the NVRAM is working it will show you:

telepati	hi

if not working it will tells you something like that:

nvram: Error getting variable - 'telepati': (iokit/common) data was not found

 

Edited by vector sigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Yes, its a UEFI install.

 

Am I right in saying that it will only notify about new versions when the number changes (5101 > 5102) and if I want the incremental stuff I should build a new version of the .app and install from there?

No, when it show a new version in the top bar is because you have an old version installed (e.g. in the ESP) or because the app has an old version embedded.

Then Clover.app should show you when a new version of the app is available. That based on the intervall you chose (daily,weekly, montly).

Edited by vector sigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Ok now logout hook is it working and I can see progress:


- CloverLogOut v1.0.3: logout begin at 2019-12-24 03:34:55
EmuVariableUefi is not present, nvram will not be saved.
- CloverLogOut: end at 2019-12-24 03:34:55
- CloverLogOut v1.0.3: logout begin at 2019-12-26 08:52:18
EmuVariableUefi is not present, nvram will not be saved.
- CloverLogOut: end at 2019-12-26 08:52:18

It state that He can't found the EmuVariableUefiPresent variable (means that EmuVariableUefi.efi is not loaded or not installed), so It wont save the nvram. Can you post your entire EFI directory after removing any serial you may have from the config.plist? thanks in advance.

Until EmuVariableUefiPresent is not present in the emulated nvram, there no will be chances that the CloverDaemonNew (nor the RC scripts) will save the nvram because it think you're running with native nvram.

 

Sorry for some reason the efi folder is over 10mb, so I have zipped only the clover folder.

 

Under the other folder I have BOOT > BOOTX64.EFI and 

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/APPLE/EXTENSIONS/Firmware.scap

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/APPLE/UPDATERS/MULTIUPDATER files as per the attached.

 

Thank you for your help.

Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 22.01.33.png

CLOVER.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, d620osx said:

 

Sorry for some reason the efi folder is over 10mb, so I have zipped only the clover folder.

 

Under the other folder I have BOOT > BOOTX64.EFI and 

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/APPLE/EXTENSIONS/Firmware.scap

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/APPLE/UPDATERS/MULTIUPDATER files as per the attached.

 

Thank you for your help.

Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 22.01.33.png

CLOVER.zip

For the moment run this in Terminal:

sudo nvram TestEmuVariableUefiPresent=true

Then I'll change how to recognize a legacy boot

Edited by vector sigma
need a fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×