Disk space is missing after Hackintosh partition resize

johnaugust2019

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I posted this issue to another forum a few days ago but could not get any help. Hope somebody can help me here. 

I wanted to extend my Hackintosh partition size from 150G to 300G. For this purpose I deleted Ubuntu partition located just after Mac partition by using Disk Utility (just pressed "-" button on Disk Utility while Ubuntu partition is selected, than pressed apply button). Everything seemed to go well until I realized that the newly added 150GB is marked as "used" in Disk Utility. I couldn't find any solution to claim this space. Furthermore the new partition size shown in Disk Utility is not consistent with the terminal output of df -kh . On Disk Utility screen new partition seems to be ~300G as expected (except for 150G of "used" space). On the other hand, terminal output shows the original size before I extended the partition (~150G). Any idea how I can claim this space? Thanks in advance.

Update: When i right click on the macos partition on Finder and hit "get info" i get old partition size again.
When i check the partition with Ubuntu live usb, gparted shows this warning: "146.48 GiB of unallocated space within the partition."

2 hours ago, Allan said:

Hi and welcome to InsanelyMac.

Create a backup of your system using CCC, and install from scratch. You'll avoid headaches. ;)

Allan thanks for your quick response. Actually I had already a lot of headaches during Mojave installation. I don't want to go through that again. But unless somebody offers a better solution, I think your suggestion will be my only option.