How to comment in file section?

pijuju

12 posts in this topic

Thanks for your answer Hervé, this is the file in question (but I've tried with other files with the same result):

As you can see by following the link, this file is actively being commented on. Just not by me.

I've attached a cut out of the bottom of the page, as it looks to me.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 09.27.15.png

Ah, that makes sense I guess. Thanks for the info. Though I joined back in 2015, so I'm no longer the justest of the joined. Ugh, that came out wrong. You know what I mean. :D

Do you know what I need to do to loose my Just Joined group membership?

I completely understand the sentiment, in the end a community is only as strong as its level of constructive activity. Yet I find this a somewhat odd limitation, as I might just as well have something useful to add, as a user without the "Just Joined" badge.

Now I really don't want to hang anyone out to dry, but there are people in that file comment section with even less activity than me, e.g. one person writing their first site-wide comment in that same thread. I saw that, before creating the topic here. It simply made me wonder what was wrong on my end.

I'm not here to shoot the messenger. =) I just stumbled upon some oddities and inconsistencies in the system, and commented on them.

Once again, thanks for taking your time with me. I would like to clear my newbie status, but I probably do not have the time to do so, right now. But at least now I know why I can't add to the discussion in the file section.

As I said previously, your issue is due to the limited permissions voluntarily imposed to the Just Joined group. And each group has its own permissions.

Keep good work, be more active user and once you'll became full Member, you'll no longer be limited by this as well.  ;)

BR

fantomas

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

It makes sense, on some forums you must write min 200 posts to be able to post on some serious stuff.

P.S. Mr. Herve, thnx for Vostro 200 "old girl" article which put me in this funny hobby.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, aufannada said:

I can't write a comment. How can I write comments?

Hi and welcome to InsanelyMac.com

as @fantomas said "just Joined group does not have the ability to comment in Download section."

You can read more about it here:

• Like 1

I want to comment on a post which I hope helps a little with the problem at hand now. But I can't comment on it. Maybe the rules are softened a bit so that there is no minimum limit for posting, so I can give thoughts that might help a little and solve the problems that occur. Even if I have to make a new post first with the minimum number required, then I'm afraid it will make the post redundant because there will be a lot of similar topics.