AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Ok, I took the plunge...  🛁  Here's what I did:

1) I updated the Opencore files. In these folders

a) /BOOT

b) /OC

c) /OC/Drivers 

and d) /OC/Tools

NOTE: ONLY the files that were present. I did not add any new ones.

2) I updated all the present kexts.

3) I added to

<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>

<key>Quirks</key>
        <dict>
            <key>SyncTableIds</key>
            <false/>

and to

<key>Kernel</key>
    <dict>

<key>Scheme</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CustomKernel</key>
            <false/>

It's been running stable for a small week now. I haven't noticed anything weird.

• Like 4

On 8/3/2021 at 1:31 AM, Benjamin Franklin said:

Ok, I took the plunge...  🛁  Here's what I did:

1) I updated the Opencore files. In these folders

a) /BOOT

b) /OC

c) /OC/Drivers 

and d) /OC/Tools

NOTE: ONLY the files that were present. I did not add any new ones.

2) I updated all the present kexts.

3) I added to

<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>

<key>Quirks</key>
        <dict>
            <key>SyncTableIds</key>
            <false/>

and to

<key>Kernel</key>
    <dict>

<key>Scheme</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CustomKernel</key>
            <false/>

It's been running stable for a small week now. I haven't noticed anything weird.

Hi, 
Can you please share your EFI file? 

• 1 month later...

For anyone upgrading to 0.7.3: Make sure to check your config.plist file against the "ocvalidate" utility... The validation errors might be not that clear but the most important thing is that your UEFI>Drivers should follow the "Dictionary" format instead of "String". Check the sample configuration there and update your files accordantly. Don't be like me, always read the changelog messages :)

• Like 6

On 9/8/2021 at 5:51 PM, davimachado said:

For anyone upgrading to 0.7.3: Make sure to check your config.plist file against the "ocvalidate" utility... The validation errors might be not that clear but the most important thing is that your UEFI>Drivers should follow the "Dictionary" format instead of "String". Check the sample configuration there and update your files accordantly. Don't be like me, always read the changelog messages :)

Can you post your EFI?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Can you post your EFI?

Hi @Benjamin Franklin

This is the new way for 0.73+:

<key>Drivers</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
			<key>Path</key>
			<string>OpenHfsPlus.efi</string>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Arguments</key>
			<string></string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
			<key>Path</key>
			<string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Arguments</key>
			<string></string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
			<key>Path</key>
			<string>OpenCanopy.efi</string>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Arguments</key>
			<string></string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
			<key>Path</key>
			<string>CrScreenshotDxe.efi</string>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Arguments</key>
			<string></string>
			</dict>
		</array>

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

One of the great things about this from AG was it was very user friendly, being able to drop updates in to our EFI folder and just updating the key details - all with clear instructions.

Would it be possible for you guys (who are much better than me) to copy and paste the original AG instructions (updated as appropriate) when you make changes and post your EFI files as well so those of us who are less experienced can continue to keep up to date easily.

I know it is asking a lot but this detail and ease of use has been the key to the success of this thread thanks to AG.

Thanks

Matt 

@matt-uk Well here is my contribution based on AG's Template. OC 0.7.4, all updated kexts and Drivers booting BS and Monterey for Mac Model 19.1, only caveat you'll have to change the entries in config.plist/DeviceProperties (see attached) to your original ones. It's a simple task just copy and paste your own in. One more thing you may need to also check your boot-args if you have any specialized entries compared to mine. AG did say if he has time as he is quite busy on the AMD side, no promises, he will update the EFI Folders once OC 0.7.4 is officially released.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI Update (Monterey Beta 8 Ready), 4th October 2021 

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.6,
  • AppleALC 1.6.5,
  • IntelMausi 1.0.6,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.7,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.4,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.4 (Monterey Beta 8 Ready),
  • SIP can now be toggled via OpenCanopy,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons,
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs,

OpenCore EFI Update v0.7.4 - 04/10/2021

OC 074 19,1 Z390 Master EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.4, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 074 1,1 Z390 Master EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.4, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (iGPU Disabled)

OC 074 19,1 Z390 Master iGPU ONLY EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.4, SMBios iMac19, iGPU ONLY

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.7.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.thumb.png.b3ab8c747f2ed0d4697eaae541fcd843.png

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 12

To anybody not seeing OpenCanopy at start up all you need todo is go into the Config,plist and under  Misc -> Boot set PickerAttributes to 17. Sorry I missed that when I was making the new EFIs. I have corrected the EFIs on the Thread but you just need to make the above change to correct it. Sorry about that. Whoops!

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

Message to everybody.
The other day I had a disaster at home and had a huge power surge that took out half the electronics in my house including my Computer, So many parts got burnt out that I am now totally out of action until further notice and will be unable to update the thread EFIs for a little while until I replace most the inners of my PC.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news all but it’s to much money and to close to Christmas for me to sort out quickly so for now this is me signing out but I will return and continue trying to make things better for all as best as I can.
So sorry all but this one is out of my control.
Big Love
AG

• Sad 10

8 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Message to everybody.
The other day I had a disaster at home and had a huge power surge that took out half the electronics in my house including my Computer, So many parts got burnt out that I am now totally out of action until further notice and will be unable to update the thread EFIs for a little while until I replace most the inners of my PC.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news all but it’s to much money and to close to Christmas for me to sort out quickly so for now this is me signing out but I will return and continue trying to make things better for all as best as I can.
Big Love
AG

Sorry to hear that AG.  

13 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Message to everybody.
Big Love
AG

Hi @AudioGod I'm sad to hear this, good luck.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:55 AM, AudioGod said:

Message to everybody.
Big Love
AG

Can we send you some funds?

On 10/26/2021 at 2:48 AM, davimachado said:

Yup. Just updated and it works fine so far 👍

When I run Install MacOS Monterey is runs through everything but doesn't install Monterey.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 2.32.19 PM.png

On 10/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, matt-uk said:

Anyone brave enough to try the Monterey final release via software update? Or do we need to wait for updates to OC?

My rig wakes up every now and then, for example when non disturb time switches and when messages received, despite that lan and power nap settings are off.

Suggestions?

Edit: I also experience extremely slow booting. The first apple logo stalls halfway for a long long time with a lot of hard disk activity.

P.s. sad to read about your power distaster, I've had it after lightning struck at my neighbours, no fun. Good luck with the repairs and insurance fight.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

14 hours ago, tom572 said:

A not so important question: I've been using @AudioGod's EFI for quite some time, but since the last one, I don't see the OpenCanopy Icons. Anybody else with this problem?

I even updated to OC 0.7.5 and still no Icons - everything else is working fine at the moment.

Audiogod's post from october 5th : "To anybody not seeing OpenCanopy at start up all you need todo is go into the Config,plist and under  Misc -> Boot set PickerAttributes to 17. Sorry I missed that when I was making the new EFIs. I have corrected the EFIs on the Thread but you just need to make the above change to correct it. Sorry about that. Whoops!"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tom572 said:

I did change PickerAttributes to 17, but nothing changed. Well, it's no big deal since everything else is working.

When you update opencore.efi to 0.7.5; do you update all efi files include opencanopy.efi 🙂