jmacie

BrcmPatchRAM thread

7 posts in this topic

I was following a thread about BrcmPatchRAM. It has been erased, right? I wanted to contribute. Any ideas where there might be a similar discussion of BrcmPatchRAM and Catalina post installation? Thanks

Advertisement

Thanks, at the bottom of that page it points "Here" as a support page and my contribution is not code, it is my personal experience. Must have been broken rules

I've been using BrcmPatchRAM on Catalina and every time I connect to my bluetooth speakers it disconnects after a while and after an hour or so I get a kernel panic and my hack reboots!

I have a [0a5c:21ec] chip and I'm using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kextBrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext with OpenCore (also tried with Clover but didn't make a difference).

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Edited by xXiGeniusXx

Did you try the repo instead of the data kext and put them in the L/E instead? I don't know much about these kexts, I just use them too, but erasing the original thread where people actually knew about these kexts leaves us with little help.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:02 PM, jmacie said:

Did you try the repo instead of the data kext and put them in the L/E instead? I don't know much about these kexts, I just use them too, but erasing the original thread where people actually knew about these kexts leaves us with little help.

Agree with you on that point. No I haven't tried the repo I usually like to do things clean but I'll give it a shot and report back.