glasgood

Glasgood's macOS Catalina [INSTALL GUIDE] Aorus Z390 Pro & Z390 Master

65 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, c1ru said:

No, mine is Z390 I Aorus pro wifi mini itx and the battery is in vertical near the Ethernet and usb3 ports

i know what is the battery thx 

Ahhh you have the mini, I didn’t realise sorry then yes your spot on in that case.

if this EFI doesn’t work for you then the differences between the standard and mini must be greater then just the name and size making my dsdt and ssdt no good and it would also explain why your having issues like you are with glasgoods EFI’s.

if that is the case then il point you to the man to make you a new DSDT for your little pro itx board. :)

let’s see what happens with my EFI first of all and we shall go from there.

I'm fascinated to know if it will work for you and your board. :thumbsup_anim:

let me know how you get on tomorrow and report back on my main thread so we don’t spam up poor old glasgoods thread. LoL 

Edited by AudioGod

Advertisement

Hi,

I try your manual and yes successful. Everything's works fine except the Airdrop and the Sidecar.

Intel i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X

16 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz

Gigabyte RX 580 8 GB

Thanks man!

21 minutes ago, bbmt said:

Hi,

I try your manual and yes successful. Everything's works fine except the Airdrop and the Sidecar.

Intel i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X

16 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz

Gigabyte RX 580 8 GB

Thanks man!

No WiFi no Bluetooth = no airdrop or Sidecar 

if you do have a combo card then check your info in the clover config or failing that sign out of your iCloud restart and sign back in again otherwise just enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

on a side note, my EFI is not designed for you motherboard so it may be logging many errors under the hood, what you should do just to be safe is get a new DSDT created for your exact motherboard model and then you really will be golden buddy.

use the link below and request a dsdt from MaLd0n :) 

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131 

(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

Edited by AudioGod

34 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No WiFi no Bluetooth = no airdrop or Sidecar 

if you do have a combo card then check your info in the clover config or failing that sign out of your iCloud restart and sign back in again otherwise just enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

on a side note, my EFI is not designed for you motherboard so it may be logging many errors under the hood, what you should do just to be safe is get a new DSDT created for your exact motherboard model and then you really will be golden buddy.

use the link below and request a dsdt from MaLd0n :) 

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131 

(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

I see, o.k send a request with his link.

Thanks for this amazing guide. All worked flawlessly. :) 

But I have one problem with enabeling FileVault. 

What steps are required to enable FileVault Full-Disk encryption with this setup?

I was stupid and enabled FileVault, but after the next reboot I was not able to book again, Clover does not show any partition. 

I then found out that it is required to add kext for FileVault, I did so with a clover USB drive, but I was still not able to boot again into my new hackintosh.

What did I wrong, and what is nessasary to use FileVault with your Setup, do you have a guide on this?

Thanks.

GiGABYTE AORUS Z390 PRO For BIOS F12d

NEW Clover Major EFI and DSDT UPDATE, 15th January 2020 (Use With Bios Revision F12d Only or read below)

Important Notice

This New EFI Contains a brand new DSDT made for for the Z390 Pro Bios Revision F12d ONLY,

If you dont want to update your bios and I personally recommend you do then replace the new DSDT with your old F11 DSDT and then you can continue using the F11 bios with the new EFIs.

The EFI and DSDT has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

New DSDT's For bios revision F12d ONLY

OcQuirks Revision 12

Whatevergreen 1.3.6

Lilu 1.4.1

AppleALC-1.4.5

VirtualSMC 1.10

MemoryAllocation.efi now added to the UEFI driver folder to fix failure to boot because of memory allocation failures at start up 

Clover Updated too Revision 5103

Plus other minor tweaks to the clover config

I have also now created a HD630 IGPU only version of the EFI so for all you people out there that have been asking me for this your wish is my command. :)

Aorus Z390 Pro Vega Navi VII F12d EFI .zip - Use with Bios revision F12d Only (15/01/2020 Catalina 10.15.2 Vega, Navi (5700, 5700xt), Radeon VII DSDT Installed) SMBios 19,1
Aorus Z390 Pro RX Polaris F12d EFI .zip - Use with Bios revision F12d Only (15/01/2020 Catalina 10.15.2 RX5XX Polaris DSDT Installed) SMBios 19,1

HD630 Z390 Pro F12d EFI.zip Use with Bios revision F12d Only (15/01/2020 Catalina 10.15.2 HD630 IGPU Only) SMBios 18,1

If you prefer using SMBios 1,1 then by all means switch to it but all the old problems of using 19,1 are corrected now with this EFI plus DRM is fully working unless you have a Polaris gpu. Just to add, SMBios 19,1 is the correct one to be using for our chipset and cpu, if you check the spec of a real macpro it is not a using a CoffeeLake CPU or Z3xx chipset. It does work perfectly but correct is correct so 19,1 it is.

Please Note, If you use a 5700 or 5700XT then SMBios 1,1 is unstable using the Navi GPUs so please stick to 19,1 with igpu enabled.

Latest Gigabyte Z390 PRO BIOS (F12d)

mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro_f12d.zip

CFG Unlock (MSR) F12d BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

@texem Has kindly made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F12d_UNLOCK.zip  - Use with Bios Revision F12d ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

GiGABYTE AORUS Z390 MASTER for BIOS F11c

NEW Clover Major EFI and DSDT UPDATE, 14th January 2020 (Use With Bios Revision F11c Only or read below)

Important Notice

This New EFI Contains a brand new DSDT made for for the Z390 Master Bios Revision F11c ONLY, If you dont want to update your bios and I personally recommend you do then replace the new DSDT with your old F10 DSDT and then you can continue using the F10 bios with the new EFIs.

Changes made include,

New DSDT's For bios revision F11c ONLY

OcQuirks Revision 12

Whatevergreen 1.3.6

Lilu 1.4.1

AppleALC-145

VirtualSMC 1.10

EFI Update - 14/01/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Aorus Z390 Master F11c Navi Vega VII EFI.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Aorus Z390 Master F11c RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

I have also now created a HD630 IGPU only version of the EFI so for all you people out there that have been asking me for this your wish is my command. :) 

I have also disabled use of any gpu on this EFI so if you own a Nvidia Card it will be disabled in Catalina.

Aorus Z390 Master F11c HD630 igpu EFI.zip - Use with Bios revision F11c Only (17/01/2020 UHD630 IGPU Only) SMBios 8,1

If you prefer using SMBios 1,1 then by all means switch to it but all the old problems of using 19,1 are corrected now with this EFI plus DRM is fully working unless you have a Polaris gpu. Just to add, SMBios 19,1 is the correct one to be using for our chipset and cpu, if you check the spec of a real macpro it is not a using a CoffeeLake CPU or Z3xx chipset. It does work perfectly but correct is correct so 19,1 it is.

Please Note, If you use a 5700 or 5700XT then SMBios 1,1 in unstable using the Navi GPUs so please stick to 19,1 with igpu enabled.

OpenCore for GiGABYTE AORUS Z390 MASTER ONLY

Alternative EFI - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore 14th January 2020 Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios (DSDT F10 is already in the ACPI Folder you just need to rename it)

Big Thanks to @texem for hes countless hours of hard work and help to bring a fully working version of OpenCore using SMBios 19,1 for you all to try.

We have chosen to use N-D-K's Fork of OpenCore as it works happily alongside windows and has a lot of features and changes that I wish were in the original version of OpenCore,

Support on this thread for these EFIs won't be great but @texem and myself will help out where we can. 

PLEASE NOTE - All bios settings and guide notes are the same for these EFI's and the SMBios is now set to 19,1

OC Aorus Z390 Master Navi Vega VII EFI.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi (5700/5700XT) & Radeon VII DSDT Bios F11c

OC Aorus Z390 Master RX Polaris EFI.zip - RX Polaris Series DSDT Bios F11c

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way (Bios F11c ONLY)

Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Edited by AudioGod

Hi @AudioGod.

First of all, I want to send my big thanks for you about the guide.

My setup now:

- Aorus Z390-I pro wifi

- i7 9700k

- Sapphia Nitro+ RX 580

With this setup, my mobo has wifi card powerred by Intel which not support so I replace it with Broadcom model (BCM94352Z), but I cant make wifi and bluetooth working on my hackintosh.

So can you help me with this?

Thanks!

On 1/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, saul2304 said:

Hi @AudioGod.

First of all, I want to send my big thanks for you about the guide.

My setup now:

- Aorus Z390-I pro wifi

- i7 9700k

- Sapphia Nitro+ RX 580

With this setup, my mobo has wifi card powerred by Intel which not support so I replace it with Broadcom model (BCM94352Z), but I cant make wifi and bluetooth working on my hackintosh.

So can you help me with this?

Thanks!

You need to get a wifi/bluetooth combo card that is compatible with Mac OS.

Hi...

Very nice and useful guide.

Had to change my mobo from Asus to the Z390 Aorus Ultra due a crash on the Asus.

I followed your guide and everything was good..

Except that I'm getting a boot failure on restart. After that (switching OFF and ON again on) but shows this KP message..

May be you can help to discover why?? Been fighting with this for the past 2 days....

Installation was clean and i9 9900K, Z390 Aorus Ultra, 64 gb mem, Radeon 64 8gb. boot on Nvme Samsung 970 pro 1tb.

Attached the kernel

thank you for your time and help

Marcelo

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.52.51 PM.png

Hi, thanks for your build . I am trying to activate TRIM. I did the command. My system is on a Corsair Force MP510. In my System Information / Sata, I didnt see it. There is only my Timemachine disk. Do you know why ? How can i know if my drive are Trim ready ?

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 00.32.36.png

Edited by hansik

Hello. I currently have an Aorus z390 Elite, and was wondering if this would work for it. Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you very much for the guide.

Will the guide work with Catalina 10.15.3 and Bios 12d? Those are the last versions available in the app store and the thread for the efi folder

Thank you and forgive me if the question is {censored}, I am a total newbie.

:)

Edited by JanRocker
error in version of bios

NEW Clover Major EFI, 14th February 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F12d)

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE

PLEASE NOTE IT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED THAT THE DRIVER MemoryAllocation.EFI IS MADE FROM THE SAME CODE AS THE FREE2000.EFI DRIVER AND IS POTENTIALLY HARMFUL TO YOUR SYSTEM SO I HAVE DECIDED TO DROP THE DRIVER FROM MY EFIs.

You will need to preform a full bios reset by removing all power to the system and then removing the motherboards internal battery for a few minutes then put it all back and load back in your bios profile and continue as normal.

If you find your unable to boot up with the new EFI and the IGPU enabled then you can try dropping the IGPU memory from 64mb to 32mb or if that doesn't work you can disable the IGPU and change the shiki boot argument to shikigva=144

Changes made include,

New DSDT's For bios revision F12d ONLY

MemoryAllocation.efi Removed

OcQuirks Revision 15

AppleALC-1.4.6

VirtualSMC 1.11

Clover EFI Update - 14/02/2020 - Use with Bios revision F12d Only or Replace with the older F11 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Z390 Pro Navi Vega Clover EFI 140220.zip 14/02/2020 Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Z390 Pro Polaris Clover EFI 140220.zip - 14/02/2020 RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

Edited by AudioGod