[How To] Solutions for Ethernet Problems

Rammjet

132 posts in this topic

Ethernet

This is a compilation of many of the different ethernet solutions available. It is not exhaustive. If you don't find what you want, search for it.

Please do not post questions in this thread looking for a solution that is not listed. Use other threads for that.

Please do post other good known ethernet solutions in this thread. I will try to incorporate any posted solutions into the list. Otherwise, users can read the thread for any other solutions.

3Com 3C940/3C940B
- Read
(skge.kext) - also, version for 8.8.1 kernel

Broadcom 440x
- Old kext, read

Broadcom 57xx
- Nisa-it's
and
and humanmx's

D-Link DGE-530T
- Read

Intel Pro/100 VE
- Read

Linksys 100TX
- Tulip
and

Marvell Yukon 8001
- Read

Marvell Yukon 88E8036
- May need to edit AppleYukon.kext (inside IONetworkFamily.kext). If your card is not working, try
. May also work for 88E8021, 22, 35 and others.

Marvell Yukon 88E8056
- May need to edit AppleYukon.kext (inside IONetworkFamily.kext). If your card is not working, try

nForce 3/4
- Use

Realtek 8139
- For 8.8.1 kernel (10.4.8) only - Read

Realtek 8169/8168/8110/8111/8100/8101
- Use
or get an installer

Syskonnect SK 9521 V2.0
- Read

Via Rhine
-
and
or

Edited by Rammjet

• 2 months later...

hi guys i gotta question!

i have a realtek rtl8319D ethernet card. the issue that im having is whenever i reset my computer i have to go into the network settings and then it detects that there is a "new port detected" and from there i can hit the okay button and get onto safari or now firefox! when i look at my network devices there are about 20+ network adapters. how can i change this so that i can just log onto os x86 10.4.6 and be connected automatically to the internt without making my computer find a "new" device?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i have a strange issue with a wireless card in my laptop. it thinks that it is ethernet.

when i went through the setup on a fresh installation, it knew it was a wireless card, and i was able to pic up signal and connect, but when i launch osx it does not allow me to configure the airport card, and none of the wireless troubleshoots that i have tried have worked. please help....

post-89407-1178665849_thumb.jpg

this is a picture of the setup.

now since i have launched osx the airport icon in the menu bar is always blank, and in the system prefferences it show that i am connected via ethernet. NEED HELP/ IDEAS

i think my question is very basic,

i cannot figure out how to change the active card to my ethernet. the MAC address always showing my wireless card eventhough my wireless card is off. im using NetworkSelector to turn on my wireless card.

my ethernet model is BCM5701. my laptop model is HP Compaq nc6230.

thanks guys.

hi friends

i've got a rtl-8319d ethernet card from intex.i get frequent disconnections .cud it be due to the setings

what shud be these settings for ethernet card ?

flow control :enable/ disable

link speed duplex mode :10M half or full/100M half or full/auto

Receive buffer size :128K/64k/32K/16K/8K

Rx early control :enable/disable

short frame padding :enable/disable

Tx early control :enable/disable

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, everyone

Can anyone list the Dlink-Routers which are supoorted by MAC OS X 10.4.8?

and

I have read a forum saying that INTEL PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION is automatically recognized by MAC OS X 10.2.1. Can I get IONetworkingFamily.kext from MAC OS X 10.2.1?

• 1 month later...
I have read a forum saying that INTEL PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION is automatically recognized by MAC OS X 10.2.1. Can I get IONetworkingFamily.kext from MAC OS X 10.2.1?

maybe, maybe not but by supplying the appropriate kext with your specific dev/ven id intel pro/100 ve will be recognized by mac os ten without any other hacks regardless of version. works with 10.4.9 too ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I would just like to share that this kext:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=7135

from this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...255x&st=20#

allowed me to use my Intel Pro 100 S network card. All I had to do was un-rar the file and drop the kext into the appropriate directory, as per the included instructions.

cheers.

• 1 month later...
i have a strange issue with a wireless card in my laptop. it thinks that it is ethernet.

when i went through the setup on a fresh installation, it knew it was a wireless card, and i was able to pic up signal and connect, but when i launch osx it does not allow me to configure the airport card, and none of the wireless troubleshoots that i have tried have worked. please help....

post-89407-1178665849_thumb.jpg

this is a picture of the setup.

now since i have launched osx the airport icon in the menu bar is always blank, and in the system prefferences it show that i am connected via ethernet. NEED HELP/ IDEAS

Same problem here! Acer extensa 5210 (broadcom 4311, ill confirm if this exactly this chip).

The weird thing is I can browse webs and so until the first reboot, then no more internet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...