Jump to content
gengik84

[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.1

146 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

 

Try agdpmod=pikera bootarg. It should help.

 

Navi is not in the 10000contrlerkext or the others.  They have a new 6000Framebufferkext.    It’s set up like a IGPU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Hi

 

Black screen on first reboot OS Installer screen. Can't install 10.15.1 Beta 2 on my Z390 rig for now :(

 

EDIT: I've to disable latest WhateverGreen 1.3.3 in Clover GUI. boot-arg -wegoff don't work ---> RX580

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pavo said:

They removed support for both Series 7 and Series 8 SATA controllers. So make sure if you have those SATA controllers you disabled them in the BIOS before trying to boot.


Works fine on my end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

Navi is not in the 10000contrlerkext or the others.  They have a new 6000Framebufferkext.    It’s set up like a IGPU?

 

New card - new approach in driver development. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, User_01 said:

Seems to work... agdpmod=pikera - else boots to black screen...

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 07.22.12.png

 

Can you please provide IOreg with RX 5700 XT? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

 

Can you please provide IOreg with RX 5700 XT? 

 

agdpmod=pikera: Always Blackscreen here with RX580

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Matgen84 test:

 

bot-arg --> -wegoff

flag --> inject ATI 

framebuffer --> orinoco

FakeID ATI --> 0x67DF1002

optional --> agdpmod Pikera

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iCanaro said:

@Matgen84 test:

 

bot-arg --> -wegoff

flag --> inject ATI 

framebuffer --> orinoco

FakeID ATI --> 0x67DF1002

optional --> agdpmod Pikera

 

 

Ok. I already test without success: -wegoff  and agdpmod=pikera. Normally, RX580 is OOB, I think. All works fine in Beta 1.

 

I test other in few hours. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if the following will help with the boot to black with AMD cards, but this is what happened to me with Beta 1.

I'm on Clover, and have not had any issues with Catalina prior to 10.15.1 beta 1, Radeon VII and WEG, using Clover basic stuff and SMCHelper. But upon installation of beta 1, it booted to black screen. If I did not touch the mouse or keyboard, I could see the mouse cursor, but otherwise the screen was black. I had a beta version of Clover, newer than the official, and recent versions of the plugins (if not the newest, very close to it).

 

I could not understand what was wrong. However, I tried to compile the very latest versions of all plugins, and I also changed from SMCHelper.efi to VirtualSMC, and then it worked - I got image on the screen.

 

I can't for sure say that the switch to VirtualSMC was the right thing, and what made it work, it could also be some version in the plugins. I haven't installed beta 2 yet, but will try. Anyway, it would be interesting to know if there is a correlation between black screen and SMCHelper. If it is not, then we can rule that out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thegn It's an interesting point. However, I didn't have any issues with Beta 1. This only started with Beta 2.

 

I'm curious how it goes for you, as well, with Beta 2. :) 

 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arsradu said:

 

That did the trick. Thank you. :)

 

Confirmed to be working on RX 580, Catalina 10.15.1 Beta 2.

 

 

 

 

Did not the trick (strangely) for me. I do more test after lunch :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

 

Did not the trick (strangely) for me. I do more test after lunch :yes:

 

Mat, I saw your message. That's exactly why I decided to post my results. :P Cause we've got very similar GPUs. So...in theory, it should work for you, as well.

 

How did you add that boot argument? Did you add it to config, or did you set it up from Clover GUI, upon boot?

 

Cause, what I did, was to use Clover Configurator, went to Boot section, right click on Arguments section -> WhateverGreen -> agdpmod=pikera. Save and exit.

 

I think it should work the same way from Clover GUI though, in case you don't have another way to edit that config (like from another installation of MacOS, or an external machine). Not sure why it didn't work for you... 

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 14.18.44.png

Edited by arsradu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arsradu said:

 

Mat, I saw your message. That's exactly why I decided to post my results. :P Cause we've got very similar GPUs. So...in theory, it should work for you, as well.

 

How did you add that boot argument? Did you add it to config, or did you set it up from Clover GUI, upon boot?

 

Cause, what I did, was to use Clover Configurator, went to Boot section, right click on Arguments section -> WhateverGreen -> agdpmod=pikera. Save and exit.

 

I think it should work the same way from Clover GUI though, in case you don't have another way to edit that config (like from another installation of MacOS, or an external machine). Not sure why it didn't work for you... 

 

 

Thanks. This temporary solution works now. I forgot to disable the patch in config.plist when using agdpmod=pikera. It do not work with 10.15.1Beta 2.

 

 

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Prevent AGDP from loading</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>ugUAAAA=</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<false/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x,10.14.x,10.15.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>ugAAAAA=</data>
			</dict>

 

Edited by Matgen84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

 

Try agdpmod=pikera bootarg. It should help.

Same here. Catalina 10.15.1 b2, R9 280X (with a 5700 XT already scheduled to be conveinently delivered today, yay \o/)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CMMChris said:

@vandroiy2012 I don't need to patch AGDP anymore on Beta 2. All ports work without any patch now.

 

hi Chris, do you mean radeon VII no longer need WEG and native support by beta 2?

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

 

Can you please provide IOreg with RX 5700 XT? 

 

Here is one of the Sapphire Pulse 5700XT.  without WEG. iMac Pro.ioreg Navi 5700XT.ioreg.zip

 

Heres one with WEG and agpmPikerA. 

iMac Pro.ioreg agpm pikerA 5700XT.ioreg.zip

Edited by Gigamaxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

Here is one of the Sapphire Pulse 5700XT.  without WEG. iMac Pro.ioreg Navi 5700XT.ioreg.zip

 

Heres one with WEG and agpmPikerA. 

iMac Pro.ioreg agpm pikerA 5700XT.ioreg.zip

Hello Gigamaxx, do you have available HEVC acceleration without WEG and with disabled IGPU? With iMac Pro SMBIOS... thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darthsian said:

Hello Gigamaxx, do you have available HEVC acceleration without WEG and with disabled IGPU? With iMac Pro SMBIOS... thanks.

 

According to VideoproC yes.  My IGPU is disabled in bios and it shows all hardware enabled.    I didn’t decode anything though as I haven't had time.  

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 10.47.05 PM.png

Edited by Gigamaxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iTTT said:

hi Chris, do you mean radeon VII no longer need WEG and native support by beta 2?

There never was any need to use WEG to get the Radeon VII working. Just AGDP patches to get all connectors working like on most AMD cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thegn said:

I don't know if the following will help with the boot to black with AMD cards, but this is what happened to me with Beta 1.

I'm on Clover, and have not had any issues with Catalina prior to 10.15.1 beta 1, Radeon VII and WEG, using Clover basic stuff and SMCHelper. But upon installation of beta 1, it booted to black screen. If I did not touch the mouse or keyboard, I could see the mouse cursor, but otherwise the screen was black. I had a beta version of Clover, newer than the official, and recent versions of the plugins (if not the newest, very close to it).

 

I could not understand what was wrong. However, I tried to compile the very latest versions of all plugins, and I also changed from SMCHelper.efi to VirtualSMC, and then it worked - I got image on the screen.

 

I can't for sure say that the switch to VirtualSMC was the right thing, and what made it work, it could also be some version in the plugins. I haven't installed beta 2 yet, but will try. Anyway, it would be interesting to know if there is a correlation between black screen and SMCHelper. If it is not, then we can rule that out.

 

 

 

Update: I tested to update to beta 2, and it worked well. For me there was no need to use agdpmod=pikera. H264 and HEVC ok.

 

 

19 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

There never was any need to use WEG to get the Radeon VII working. Just AGDP patches to get all connectors working like on most AMD cards.

 

May I ask what patches are needed in order to get the Radeon VII working without WEG?

 

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

Edited by Thegn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any suggestions on getting the AHCI Controller for a Asus Z9PE-D8 WS to work in beta 2? It’s a C602 Chipset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×