gengik84

[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.1

146 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Montblanc said:

I noticed that the System Preferences app, is shown as v14.0 across the HS, Mojave & Catalina releases, even though it looks substantially different.

Holy smoke....indeed!

Went to check my backup SSD with High Sierra on it - version number is the same. Strange. 

It looks that Apple is just adding additional Panes, but it didn't update the Application itself for several years...

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Montblanc said:

I have the same issue with the Energy Saver preferences pane on both my machines. For now I'm using the version from High Sierra which seems to work ok.

Can you post a quick guide how to pull it from Catalina before update and reapply it later?

2 hours ago, MrGreen said:

Can you post a quick guide how to pull it from Catalina before update and reapply it later?

Hi MrGreen,

In Terminal

sudo mount -uw /      as the drive is locked. (The drive will re-lock after reboot.)

Then go to the Applications folder, System Preferences, right click, Get Info, and unlock the padlock symbol at bottom right, you’ll need your password. Under “everyone” change privilege to Read & Write. Then you can drag it to the Bin and empty it.

Drag the System Preferences from HS into the Applications folder.

Reboot

That's it!

On 10/13/2019 at 7:09 AM, Shaneee said:

All is well :D 

Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 03.05.01.png

Can you share your OC's config.plist for me ?

My Ryzen hackintosh can run Clover at 10.15 /10.14.6/10.13.6, but always got freeze with OC 0.5.0.

Z370 & Z97 can run 10.15.1 with OC 0.5.1 well.

@D-an-W

Nothing special, just make the disk read / write through the terminal command or GUI Make my disk readwriting.app

Edited by yapan4

@D-an-W

Yes, in this part:

In Terminal

sudo mount -uw /      as the drive is locked. (The drive will re-lock after reboot.)

Then just backup and delete old Energy Saver from /S/L/PreferencePanes and copy new one

To replace Energy Saver.zip

Edited by yapan4

5 minutes ago, C.Frio said:

hi...

is this script still useful to update the Catalina to..10.15.1..and the next updates?

"curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gengik84/MacOS_Updater/Catalina/MacOS_Updater && chmod +x ./MacOS_Updater && sh ./MacOS_Updater"

thank  you

c.frio

Hi,

Sorry, I am afraid not. Apple has restricted the writing permission as of 10.15. `sudo mount -uw /` stopped working starting at certain beta as well...

Ref: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/710/

PMheart

By the way, just a quick tip, I got Safari Preferences and Messages hang after downgrading to 10.15 (19A583) from 10.15.1 b1 (19B68f) on my real MacBook9,1.

For this good please do not go back and currently I do not see any solutions other than upgrading to the upcoming b2. Furthermore, it is impossible to update to 10.15.1 b1 from 10.15 supplemental update (19A602).

2 hours ago, C.Frio said:

hi...

is this script still useful to update the Catalina to..10.15.1..and the next updates?

"curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gengik84/MacOS_Updater/Catalina/MacOS_Updater && chmod +x ./MacOS_Updater && sh ./MacOS_Updater"

thank  you

c.frio

CrazyBirdy's script in 'Manual Method', Q6 and Q7 folder in this dmg contains several script to download full macOS or Update for Release and Beta. It's useful for me :)

Can't seem to remove the EnergySaver.prefPane or copy and replace the one in S/L/PreferencePanes even after running the command in Terminal!

1720988058_Screenshot2019-10-17at18_38_08.png.143d1c70ef5dcbb3e193893418f5c397.png

40 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Can't seem to remove the EnergySaver.prefPane or copy and replace the one in S/L/PreferencePanes even after running the command in Terminal!

Ok, @D-an-W

This is normal Catalina message when you try to delete system files.

But now let's see what will show beta 2...

5 minutes ago, MacProDude said:

引导Beta 2安装程序时,从Vega 64无法显示.....嗯,还有其他人遇到问题吗?

RX560   no display

Just now, jinbingmao said:

RX560   no display

Yeah so they have updated something to all drivers and maybe whatevergreen is now broken?