Catalina Bootable USB

874Johnr

6 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 874Johnr said:

Hi, Looking for Final Catalina Version (Not BETA) Information on creating bootable usb. Can any body help?

it's the same as creating other versions of macOS USB installer. You need to download the installer from App Store or use Mac Downloader app and once the app is downloaded put it in the Applications folder and run the following command in terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /volumes/Untitled

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, Cyberdevs said:

it's the same as creating other versions of macOS USB installer. You need to download the installer from App Store or use Mac Downloader app and once the app is downloaded put it in the Applications folder and run the following command in terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /volumes/Untitled

I don't know if it's me but that Mac Downloader downloads very slow. 1/100th of my connection speed and ultimately it times out.

25 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

I don't know if it's me but that Mac Downloader downloads very slow. 1/100th of my connection speed and ultimately it times out.

You can use Catalina Patcher to download, that should go a full speed

It only patches if you choose to install or make usb/iso

Edited by STLVNUB

hello hello! im unable to use createinstallmedia the term sez "volume not found" n i perfectly wrote "USB" the label id gave it to the install disk destination..dont know what em i doin wrong but for me the old method aint doin it..

would be very glad if anyone can point me to just any direction..

cheers to the new Catalina users, n keep hackintoshing!!!

no kiddin!!! i was writing "Volume" with a capital so i just copied this cyberdevs syntax (with lower case) n it worked like a charm!!!

long live to the hackintoshes!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been usang osx since snow leopard 2011-12...but am as novice n ignorant as one can get with hackintoshing...i just use the most used vanilla installer preparation n install from scratch, with every single osx since 10.6.8 snow leopard...but I've been reading this 10.15 has some power plays against hackintoshing...like the likes of making kernel extensions signed-only what (as I got it from that read) would make it hardar to use this clover kexts we use everyday, or at least make it a no no for old hardware...

soooo...my only only guess is that if the installer app isn't reachable, then or you have some kind of misconfiguration to use the app...or...apple has moved it away from the servers??

i already have my catalina usb vanilla installer wit all my lastest mojave kexts, so i wouldn't have a clue...

but am also over a mojave 10.14.6 (smbios late 2013) so maybe you would try from a 14.6 fully updated??