iTunes 7 memory error WITH SSE3 CPU!

zam

6 posts in this topic

A very strange thing happened to me now: When I try to pre-listen to any iTunes store songs, the program always asks me to re-authorize myself for the account. The authorization succeeds, but after that the dreaded "Not enough memory"-error slams on the screen. This leaves me unable to listen any samples from the store, or any songs that I have bought. I though this was only a problem with SSE2 CPUs? I'm running 10.4.8 on Asrock Conroe945G-dvi and Core 2 Duo 6600. This situation just came out of nowhere, I have no idea what I might have done .... it has worked before! Re-installing itunes did not help.... Tired with mifki and semthex kernels also...

FIXED FOR NOW: The problem was that I changed my PCI NIC for a different model! Changed the old back and now it works again! I guess it somehow takes the MAC address into account when creating authorizations from computers... I guess adding a new NIC could be done by first de-authorizing your computer and then changing it, and autorizing it again.

• 2 months later...
FIXED FOR NOW: The problem was that I changed my PCI NIC for a different model! Changed the old back and now it works again! I guess it somehow takes the MAC address into account when creating authorizations from computers... I guess adding a new NIC could be done by first de-authorizing your computer and then changing it, and autorizing it again.

I have the same issue on a SSE3 based CPU.

Seems really odd that if it was tied into the MAC address, then it wouldn't authorize at all, not say it authorized and then the error message.

Sure it wasn't a coincidence?

• 2 weeks later...