Catalina on USB pen flash drive

Vyzantion

3 posts in this topic

I would like to try to install Catalina on a 64 GB flash drive, in order to bypass the SATA issue. I so thay many managed to do that on external SSDs.

Actualy, already tried it. The first step finished ok, just it took much longer. After first booting from the target flash drive from the installing flash drive, it blocked on something like ”installer will create a non-removeable partition”. Perhaps if I waiting long enough, I would have passed that phase, but there were already some 15 minutes since it blocked.

9 hours ago, Vyzantion said:

I would like to try to install Catalina on a 64 GB flash drive, in order to bypass the SATA issue. I so thay many managed to do that on external SSDs.

Actualy, already tried it. The first step finished ok, just it took much longer. After first booting from the target flash drive from the installing flash drive, it blocked on something like ”installer will create a non-removeable partition”. Perhaps if I waiting long enough, I would have passed that phase, but there were already some 15 minutes since it blocked.

You have installed previous versions

15 hours ago, tuongzaza said:

You have installed previous versions

It failed several times, Catalina it got stuck on installation at 7 minutes left. I have tried to install Mojave on the same pen drive, for testing purposes, it got stuck at 13 minutes left.