Hi, I'm Robin new here with a big Wireless problem :P

rst007

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i'm following a half year all the forums for my intel based mac, i have set up an Intel Pentium D 3.0 ghz with a S 715 i believe, its a Intel 915gagl motherboard with everything on board.

I installed an full dvd from marklar i believe (long time ago sry ^^), and it just boots normally the apple bootscreen, installs correctly and so on...

I started the first time my intel baes apple(pc) and he recognize everything, sound lan and so on, even my geforce 6600 gt tdi no problem at all.

everything works fine till i want my lan going wireless, i again looked at the forum for an 10.4.1 compatible usb wireless stick and i found the ASUS WL 167G usb card, but he doesnt recognize it with orignial drivers, software always says cant find hardware ore something in that kind.

So now i'm here typing on this stupid piece of windows while i'm a big apple fanate, it all works so fine exept my asus wireless lan, some1 knows what to do? i tried a few drivers but none can't find my wireless network.

It's a belgacom wireless router for adsl from philips the one with 2 wireless antennas on it, i look for secefications later, on windows i can connect easly with it, i have a extra antenna between wireless base station and this pc because the signal was very low, and still my mac cant find the network.

Help i'm out of advise ;-)

greetings from robin

• 3 months later...

10.4.1 is incredibly out of date. The first build shipped with the intel macs was 10.4.4, and the latest is 10.4.8 (10.4.9 is expected soon).

There are big differences between 10.4.1 and 10.4.4+, so you really should upgrade before doing anything else.

Grab the latest JaS 10.4.8 disc - the one listed as supporting Intel and AMD, SSE2 and SSE3 and install from that.