HDMI Audio not working with AppleALC, WEG and LILU for dedicated Nvidia GPU

amago

2 posts in this topic

Hello! :)

I have gotten almost everything working for my hackintosh. However, I am unable to see the HDMI output for my Nvidia 1070ti. This is crucial for me.

I have attached my debug output with pretty much all of the details, and I would appreciate any help!!!

Thanks! :)

debug_28806.zip

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, amago said:

Hello! :)

I have gotten almost everything working for my hackintosh. However, I am unable to see the HDMI output for my Nvidia 1070ti. This is crucial for me.

I have attached my debug output with pretty much all of the details, and I would appreciate any help!!!

Thanks! :)

debug_28806.zip

I had this issue too.  I don't know whether you have a laptop or desktop and whether you are using your Nvidia GPU exclusively or whether you are using the onboard Intel GPU.  Therefore, I don't know if my situation is even close to yours.  

I am using the Intel GPU with the Nvidia GPU disabled in my DSDT since my BIOS does not allow video switching (video switching only occurs within Windows 10). The problem for me is that my HDMI port is hardwired to the Nvidia GPU and with it disabled, it didn't work.  What made it work for me was the following:  I added the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to my Clover kexts (along with Whatevergreen kext, which is not recommended) and I enabled Nvidia Graphics in my config.plist along with Intel Graphics.  In macOS, it still does not show my Nvidia GPU at all but these changes had the effect of restoring power to the HDMI port and allowing it to work with my Intel GPU.  

I have no idea why this works or why Whatevergreen alone isn't enough but it does work.