AudioGod

AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

2,247 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, WizeMan said:

So unfortunately after a week or so, my Time Machine USB drive started being force ejected again.

I have updated my initial message a couple of pages back. I did not have this issue for about a week using no darkwake value (thus the kernel setting the default 3) but the morning of the day before yesterday I came to my office, woke up my hack and saw several force eject messages. Then came back yesterday morning, the same. Last night I resorted back to darkwake = 0 and this morning no force eject messages. Will definitely further check it as it seems super random.

@WizeMan Give jettison a try bro,

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Jettison/

Or do what I did ages ago and forgot about it and it’s why my usb never ejects i believe.

To fix "disk did not eject properly" message use  fixUSB.sh  install open terminal:

1- Copy and paste :

// command will download the latest fixUSB.sh ( if link does not work, then follow alternative instructions at bottom)

git clone https://github.com/syscl/Fix-usb-sleep

Enter

2- Copy and paste:

chmod +x ~/Fix-usb-sleep/fixUSB.sh

Enter

3- Copy and paste:

cd ./Fix-usb-sleep
./fixusb.sh  

Enter

Edited by AudioGod

Advertisement
3 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@WizeMan Give jettison a try bro,

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Jettison/

Or do what I did ages ago and forgot about it and it’s why my usb never ejects i believe.

To fix "disk did not eject properly" message use  fixUSB.sh  install open terminal:

1- Copy and paste :

// command will download the latest fixUSB.sh ( if link does not work, then follow alternative instructions at bottom)

git clone https://github.com/syscl/Fix-usb-sleep

Enter

2- Copy and paste:

chmod +x ~/Fix-usb-sleep/fixUSB.sh

Enter

3- Copy and paste:

cd ./Fix-usb-sleep
./fixusb.sh  

Enter

Thanks mate! I'll keep experimenting with darkwake=0 which doesn't seem to bring any force ejection issues up until now. In case I see that the problem persists I 'll use fixUSB script.

4 minutes ago, WizeMan said:

Thanks mate! I'll keep experimenting with darkwake=0 which doesn't seem to bring any force ejection issues up until now. In case I see that the problem persists I 'll use fixUSB script.

I use darkwake=0 plus the fixUSb script and I haven’t had a single force eject problem ever and I just forgot about it. That was like 6 months ago or something like that. Used darkwake=8 for a while and moved back to zero but again I have never ever had the force eject issue so I would recommend it personally. :thumbsup_anim:

@Wizeman 

The eject problem exists on some real Mac's as well . It's the power definition which can be done via USBX , the current level for sleep is the relevant part.

With my "SSDT only OC" version it should be fixed. Since then, I could remove Jettison.

32 minutes ago, texem said:

@Wizeman 

The eject problem exists on some real Mac's as well . It's the power definition which can be done via USBX , the current level for sleep is the relevant part.

With my "SSDT only OC" version it should be fixed. Since then, I could remove Jettison.

Problem with USBX is it can leave your external usb rgb lights on once sleep hits as happens to me a lot with my Corsair keyboard or mouse but your right it does cure eject too. 

Edited by AudioGod

3 hours ago, WizeMan said:

Love to know if it works for you. It didn’t for me.

I tried Jettison and it was nice, but I think you have to eject the drive manually and sleep. I didn’t see it work automatically. Maybe I'll try again. It might be darkwake depend as well.

2 hours ago, texem said:

@Wizeman 

What and/or where is this "SSDT only OC" I'm a bit confused about USBX?

17 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

What and/or where is this "SSDT only OC" I'm a bit confused about USBX?

Its not posted or released by any of us yet and is a work in progress so too speak.

It might go live when 0.5.6 is officially released and if it can pass the @larabee test under 19,1. ATM its only reliable on a Z390 Pro with the igpu disabled.

You can request a copy from @texem as I only have a working copy for the Z390 Master that works perfectly under 19,1 with igpu enabled but that's a whole different bios and story and thread. :hysterical:

Edited by AudioGod

39 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

I tried Jettison and it was nice, but I think you have to eject the drive manually and sleep. I didn’t see it work automatically.

it's fully automatic, you can configure what to eject and remount on sleep/wake.

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

CLOVER DRIVER UPDATE 26/02/20

OcQuirks Revision 16 & FwRunTimeServices Latest Versions.

OcQuirks R16.zip

Are we using the plist file with our setup? Or do we just delete it.

20 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Please don’t post an Efi of yours and mark it like it’s one of mine.

you have made many strange changes that are incorrect so I would be grateful if you could remove it please from your post.
thank you

No problems, done.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Olion

36 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Are we using the plist file with our setup? Or do we just delete it.

I don’t use it with the master or the pro setups but it’s been reported on here that it helps so I left it in there. If your having troubles now and again using 19,1 then add the plist and see if it helps.

if it does then just let me know. :thumbsup_anim:

50 minutes ago, Tiem said:

1725746116_ScreenShot2020-02-26at11_06_37AM.thumb.png.2097a4abae0153edc23169381561d443.png

Latest beta running on Clover. All good.

Any sign of any performance improvements with your 5700xt using the latest beta?  

Edited by AudioGod

13 hours ago, Tiem said:

RTCMemoryFixup.kext is used for CMOS debugging. USBInjectAll.kext is a temporary extension used to aid in mapping USB ports.

But, without USBInjectAll.kext my USB ports don't work.

14 minutes ago, Olion said:

But, without USBInjectAll.kext my USB ports don't work.

Did you remove the dsdt and or ssdt from my original Efi when you tried to use it?
or did you add any additional usb info in any way shape or form when you first tried to use it?

34 minutes ago, Tiem said:

@AudioGod Nope. They are definitely working on the drivers but it's still falling well short of what the card is capable of doing.

I hope so, the only reason it doesn’t crash for us is because we use smbios 19,1.. Try using a 5700xt under macpro1,1 or better yet with a real Mac of any description and put the gpu under heavy load for a prolonged amount of time and watch what happens...lol...it’s not good at all.

on a hack under 19,1 with the igpu enabled fixes it but it’s not really fixed it’s just hiding the problem.

oh well at least it works for us I guess.

fingers crossed they sort it out soon as I would like to go back to smbios 1,1 for myself and disable my igpu. (Maybe one day) :) 

Edited by AudioGod

16 hours ago, Pieroman said:

Have you tried with the quirks DevirtualiseMmio set to true and ForceExitBootServices to false ? This made it working for me (so far !) with the iGPU and 19,1. But I'm on Clover (since we are using OCquirks the same options should be there in OC)...

Hey bud, yeah i had the mmio one enabled with few others under 0.5.5, i have since reset much of what was enabled back to the default if it was off / false to see what occurs .. so far i cant tell that i miss anything.  Ill wait until 0.5.6 is released proper and see what occurs with it when i enable stuff again.

Cheers

EDIT : Tried Clover again, your right, seems to work out the box with iGPU enabled and using 19,1.  Do you have enabled a qcquirks.plist that sets this DevirtualiseMmio ?  I do not have one and as far as i can tell from here https://github.com/ReddestDream/OcQuirks, its not enabled out the box.  Matters not thus far though as im booted OK.  Doubt ill remain here for long, but its fun to checkout for now :)

EDIT2: Just noticed v16 of the OCQuirks that AG posted recently, has a qcquirks.plist file included.. does not enable DevirtualiseMmio though..  Not sure at this point i need it. 

Thanks Again.

Edited by Cass67

Love reading the discussion on this thread.

I am still on bios f11 with Pro Wifi(disabled from bios from the start as i dont need it).Tried to boot this afternoon with 19.1 it worked fine so far. Forbidden signal when i selected osx.( Had my fw audio card turned on). Turned of the card, again cold boot, same thing so probably  its not the card. Reverted to 1.1 efi and bios settings, all good. Hmmm.. so far cold boot worked, restart from windows worked too. I see 19.1 still not working as good as 1.1 for many. I will stay on 1.1 as i have no issues.

8700k oc 4.7 locked all powersavings off

32gb gskill rgb 3000

Adata 8200 nvme

Strix vega 64

Fw400 pci

Gc Titan Ridge TB3. 

OSX 10.14.6

Thnx 4 all the info guys!

8 minutes ago, dsynos80 said:

Love reading the discussion on this thread.

I am still on bios f11 with Pro Wifi(disabled from bios from the start as i dont need it).Tried to boot this afternoon with 19.1 it worked fine so far. Forbidden signal when i selected osx.( Had my fw audio card turned on). Turned of the card, again cold boot, same thing so probably  its not the card. Reverted to 1.1 efi and bios settings, all good. Hmmm.. so far cold boot worked, restart from windows worked too. I see 19.1 still not working as good as 1.1 for many. I will stay on 1.1 as i have no issues.

8700k oc 4.7 locked all powersavings off

32gb gskill rgb 3000

Adata 8200 nvme

Strix vega 64

Fw400 pci

Gc Titan Ridge TB3. 

OSX 10.14.6

Thnx 4 all the info guys!

you need to fully reset the bios by removing all power and then pull the battery from the motherboard for a few mins, put it all back and load your bios settings back with igpu enabled using the 19,1 EFI and away you go.

vital that is to clear out all traces from the memory.  

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Did you remove the dsdt and or ssdt from my original Efi when you tried to use it?
or did you add any additional usb info in any way shape or form when you first tried to use it?

No, 3 days I couldn't find the reason and asked here on the forum for help why USB doesn't work.
Used the "HD 630 Z390 ProF12 dEFI 140220" without any changes. When I change the settings manually described above - usb start working.

57 minutes ago, Olion said:

No, 3 days I couldn't find the reason and asked here on the forum for help why USB doesn't work.
Used the "HD 630 Z390 ProF12 dEFI 140220" without any changes. When I change the settings manually described above - usb start working.

@Olion Here I made this just for you,

I tested it on my test bench before sending it to you and its works for me.

ive also made random details for you to use.

let me know if it woks for you but If it dont then switch the smbios iMac18,1 and try again

Olion EFI igpu only.zip

Note - If you have a Nvidia Or any other discrete gpu that your not using in MacOS installed then add -wegnoegpu to the boot arguments in the clover config to disable it in MacOS. Other then that don’t make any other changes to the EFI or upgrade or over install clover just drop this into your EFI partition on your usb install key or hard drive and try and boot up.

sign out of iCloud if your signed into it as this has different details setup for you already.

good luck!

Edited by AudioGod

On 2/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, AudioGod said:

the one I have never got to work is unlock the lock screen with my watch. Something about where I live and the noise around me that makes it just not work.

ive tried to get it going on various setups including my own and different cards including your one but have never succeeded to get it to unlock my hack. It can everything else it’s meant to like approve installs but not that. It’s very annoying and I gave up a while ago now or I would of gone crazy...lol

Just coming back to unlock with apple watch, using the latest clover EFI you provide on here (upgraded clover version to 5104 since) i notice that while apple watch unlock works, when i lock the screen and raise watch to unlock, the screen goes black and seems to go to sleep, have to hit enter to get logged in... This is one difference on Clover that i have experienced with OC, i get no black screen on OC, just opens the desktop right away..  Just thought id note this here since im back on Clover for a bit.

5 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I hope so, the only reason it doesn’t crash for us is because we use smbios 19,1.. Try using a 5700xt under macpro1,1 or better yet with a real Mac of any description and put the gpu under heavy load for a prolonged amount of time and watch what happens...lol...it’s not good at all.

on a hack under 19,1 with the igpu enabled fixes it but it’s not really fixed it’s just hiding the problem.

oh well at least it works for us I guess.

fingers crossed they sort it out soon as I would like to go back to smbios 1,1 for myself and disable my igpu. (Maybe one day) :) 

I'd be happy if they just fixed the bugs. Since beta 2, the dock is mirrored on shutdown/logout to where it doubles up. Still there this beta. But the 5600/5700 are the first of the Navi chips, so here's hoping they keep refining.

So far tho, still the same as before.

8 hours ago, AudioGod said:

you need to fully reset the bios by removing all power and then pull the battery from the motherboard for a few mins, put it all back and load your bios settings back with igpu enabled using the 19,1 EFI and away you go.

vital that is to clear out all traces from the memory.  

Hehe yes boss i know the drill! Of course i did that. With 1 monitor it works ok. With 2 i get the error. Maybe its a thing from the vega? I have my 1st mon on DP and the 2nd on Hdmi. The hdmi mon used to open first after entering osx, but the latest lilu+weg fixed that.

Aorus Z390 pro , i7 9700K , 32GB , Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+ , F11

Got random reboots :(

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 16.53.45.png

Zrzut ekranu 2020-02-27 o 16.50.58.png