Jump to content
AudioGod

AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

2,310 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

It just freezes within the first few seconds of boot but not at any particular point 

Have you entered your details correctly?

@texem any ideas why?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
26 minutes ago, tuk3 said:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro (BIOS F12d) - i5 8400 - 16GB DDR 4 RAM Vengeance - iGPU -  TL-WDN4800 WiFi

 

Give this version a try, don’t worry about the user name on it just put your details in and give i a go

 

vyu01773.zip

 

remember to remove the same boot argument again before you try it bud

 

3 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

I have entered my MLB and serial numbers 

 

Have you got you MSR unlocked?

if you don’t then you need to make the following changes.

 

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F12d Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :



249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

 

 

Edited by AudioGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Give this version a try, don’t worry about the user name on it just put your details in and give i a go

 

vyu01773.zip

 

remember to remove the same boot argument again before you try it bud

Have you got you MSR unlocked?

if you don’t then you need to make the following changes.


 

  Hide contents

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F12d Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :



249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

 

 

Sorry yes, I did that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

Doesn't work, its ok, I'll stick with clover

 

 

BIOS F12d and settings as AG recommends ?

NVRAM/CMOS clear before booting OC first time ?

MSR unlocked ?

UUID entered ?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, texem said:

 

BIOS F12d and settings as AG recommends ?

NVRAM/CMOS clear before booting OC first time ?

MSR unlocked ?

UUID entered ?


 

Yes f12d, Yes Bios configured as AG's

I tried cleariNg CMOS, same issue

MSR Locked and Config updated to reflect such,

UUID Entered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiem said:

Updated to 19D75a. Using OC variant with a navi card. All ok :)


Any improvement with the 5700xt performance yet with the latest beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

Yes f12d, Yes Bios configured as AG's

I tried cleariNg CMOS, same issue

MSR Locked and Config updated to reflect such,

UUID Entered

 

must be something wrong else .. sry no idea atm

 

if you prepare a Cat install stick und use your OC EFI for installation on the stick , does it boot?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, texem said:

 

must be something wrong else .. sry no idea atm

 

if you prepare a Cat install stick und use your OC EFI for installation on the stick , does it boot?

 

I'll have a play around in the morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

I'll have a play around in the morning

 

btw: if your watercooling is connected via USB, then you'll need a different USBPorts.kext to ignore that port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

For OpenCore?

 

yes, but that shouldn't prevent booting at all  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Give this version a try, don’t worry about the user name on it just put your details in and give i a go

 

vyu01773.zip

 

remember to remove the same boot argument again before you try it bud

Same problem AudioGod, only screen get blank, motherboard stays on. When wakening the screen, the system crashes.

Had success on your original EFI with disableing AppleATC and using VoodoHDA. That gives back sound. Now I only need to figure out how enable autosleep. So far only the screen gets dark after some time but the CPU stays on.

 

The slow USB is due to high CPU on "displaypolicy" at startup or after coming back from sleep. Any of you pros have any advice how to solve this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tuk3 said:

Same problem AudioGod, only screen get blank, motherboard stays on. When wakening the screen, the system crashes.

Had success on your original EFI with disableing AppleATC and using VoodoHDA. That gives back sound. Now I only need to figure out how enable autosleep. So far only the screen gets dark after some time but the CPU stays on.

 

The slow USB is due to high CPU on "displaypolicy" at startup or after coming back from sleep. Any of you pros have any advice how to solve this?

Change the darkwake argument I think it’s on darkwake=8 or 0 so try changing it  or removing it all together.
without darkwake it takes 1 mouse click to wake and a second to wake the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AudioGod said:


Any improvement with the 5700xt performance yet with the latest beta?

unfortunately not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an EFI specifically for internal gpu UHD 630?  As I was testing audio check, I pulled out my rx 570 and booted, but it shows black screen after I clicked the macos mojave boot from the clover boot loader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hackinhacker said:

Is there an EFI specifically for internal gpu UHD 630?  As I was testing audio check, I pulled out my rx 570 and booted, but it shows black screen after I clicked the macos mojave boot from the clover boot loader.

There s indeed, it’s on the front page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AudioGod said:


Any improvement with the 5700xt performance yet with the latest beta?

Sadly no. Same synthetic benchmarks. Which aren't actually all that reliable. Out of the 6 tests I ran using GB5:

 

43k, 49k, 43k, 47k, 43k, 44k

 

:|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have a problem with the installation. the setup runs almost to the end and with 2 minutes remaining there is a black screen and the PC restarts. I have a 5700 and a Samsung Pro 512 GB M.2
 

The BIOS settings have been changed to 19.1 as described in the instructions. DDR 16 GB are in A1 and B1 .... nothing else is in the system. The USB stick is also in the first USB2 port. Can't get any further what I can do after.
 

What else could I try?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tiem said:

Sadly no. Same synthetic benchmarks. Which aren't actually all that reliable. Out of the 6 tests I ran using GB5:

 

43k, 49k, 43k, 47k, 43k, 44k

 

:|


use luxmark for gpu benching in future, it’s consistent.

geekbench is useless as any sort of guide as you can see yourself. :) 
 

7 minutes ago, Vanles said:

have a problem with the installation. the setup runs almost to the end and with 2 minutes remaining there is a black screen and the PC restarts. I have a 5700 and a Samsung Pro 512 GB M.2
 

The BIOS settings have been changed to 19.1 as described in the instructions. DDR 16 GB are in A1 and B1 .... nothing else is in the system. The USB stick is also in the first USB2 port. Can't get any further what I can do after.
 

What else could I try?

Thanks


Use this EFI Buddy 
Aorus Z390 Pro Vega Navi VII F12d EFI .zip 

 

make sure you enter new serial numbers and details as well as those fields are blank. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vanles said:

have a problem with the installation. the setup runs almost to the end and with 2 minutes remaining there is a black screen and the PC restarts. I have a 5700 and a Samsung Pro 512 GB M.2
 

The BIOS settings have been changed to 19.1 as described in the instructions. DDR 16 GB are in A1 and B1 .... nothing else is in the system. The USB stick is also in the first USB2 port. Can't get any further what I can do after.
 

What else could I try?

Thanks

I would use one of the red or blue USB slots, not the 4 at the top that are USB 2.0.

 

1. Ensure your USB installer is actually working and was made properly, without errors. Most install problems are because someone made a USB installer through some sorted hack and slash method. Make one on a real Mac that has been updated to the latest OS you plan to install. Anything else may inject errors that will either fubar your install or prevent you from even installing.

 

2. Make sure your BIOS (not SMBIOS yet) is updated to the latest version (F12d for the Pro and F12c for the Pro WiFi). After updating the BIOS, go back into it and enable the dGPU, save the settings and reboot. Go back into the BIOS and then set the parameters of the video card, which will now be visible. Save your settings and then load from the USB installer.

 

3. Download either the Clover or OC EFI that is appropriate for you (ones for the navi card). I suggest Clover as it's far more mature than OC and has more tools that support it.

 

4. Open up the config file and fill in the following (for Clover): 1) BoardSerialNumber, 2) SerialNumber, 3) SmUUID and 4) ROM. Then add "-v" to the boot arguments in case you have any errors, you can see where the process halted. Once your system runs fine, you can remove it get the nice Apple graphical boot process.

 

Many of us have identical systems. Yours sounds very clean and simple so there shouldn't be any problems. I would go back and make sure you're doing all the steps properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tiem said:

I would use one of the red or blue USB slots, not the 4 at the top that are USB 2.0.

 

1. Ensure your USB installer is actually working and was made properly, without errors. Most install problems are because someone made a USB installer through some sorted hack and slash method. Make one on a real Mac that has been updated to the latest OS you plan to install. Anything else may inject errors that will either fubar your install or prevent you from even installing.

 

2. Make sure your BIOS (not SMBIOS yet) is updated to the latest version (F12d for the Pro and F12c for the Pro WiFi). After updating the BIOS, go back into it and enable the dGPU, save the settings and reboot. Go back into the BIOS and then set the parameters of the video card, which will now be visible. Save your settings and then load from the USB installer.

 

3. Download either the Clover or OC EFI that is appropriate for you (ones for the navi card). I suggest Clover as it's far more mature than OC and has more tools that support it.

 

4. Open up the config file and fill in the following (for Clover): 1) BoardSerialNumber, 2) SerialNumber, 3) SmUUID and 4) ROM. Then add "-v" to the boot arguments in case you have any errors, you can see where the process halted. Once your system runs fine, you can remove it get the nice Apple graphical boot process.

 

Many of us have identical systems. Yours sounds very clean and simple so there shouldn't be any problems. I would go back and make sure you're doing all the steps properly.


 

Thank you for the help, I did it all over again and now the MacOS runs. Great

If you have a question about the Clover settings, which one should I choose for Cataline? Only find examples for older versions. Doesn't want to make a mistake, runs so well :)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-25 um 14.01.40.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vanles said:


 

Thank you for the help, I did it all over again and now the MacOS runs. Great

If you have a question about the Clover settings, which one should I choose for Cataline? Only find examples for older versions. Doesn't want to make a mistake, runs so well :)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-25 um 14.01.40.png

Don’t over install clover there’s no need and whatever you do don’t instal rc scripts,

 

just use my EFI as it is as it should all be perfect already only thing you need do is personal hardware or info.

 

for upgrading it’s only the very first two option that you select

Edited by AudioGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing I asked.

Do I have to run Clover again after setup, or does the system boot immediately without a USB stick?

Or do I have to run Clover with the first two options. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vanles said:

Good thing I asked.

Do I have to run Clover again after setup, or does the system boot immediately without a USB stick?

Or do I have to run Clover with the first two options. ?

After you have installed Catalina copy the EFI from the usb stick into the Catalina drives EFI partition and reboot and your done. :) 
 

also remember to make sure the correct drive is selected as your main boot drive in the bios.

Edited by AudioGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By AudioGod
      I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
      This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you. 
       
      A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.   
       
       
      This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F11c, 9900k with a 5700 XT but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware
       
      CPU's
      8600K, 8700, 8700K, 9600K, 9700K, 9900K, 9900KS
       
      GPU's
      RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
      (If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)
       
       
       @glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)
       
       
      HARDWARE USED
      • Intel I9 9900k @5.2Ghz
      • Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
      • Sapphire Reference RX 5700 XT ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @3600mhz (2 x 16GB)
      • Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
      • EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
      • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.3
      • Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)   
      • Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case
       

       

       

       
      WORKING
      • Sound 
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Sleep & Wake
      • Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
      • Handoff
      • Netflix on Safari browser
      • Continuity
      • Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)

       
      EFI FOLDERS  
      please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F11c to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
      mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 
       
      Current EFIs 
      Updated 26/03/2020
      PLEASE NOTE - You MUST update to the latest Clover EFI before updating to 10.15.4 or you may find your unable to update.
       
      Clover EFI Updated 26/03/20 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios
      Clover Z390 Master Vega Navi EFI 260320.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI
      Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 260320.zip - R5XX Polaris DSDT EFI
       
       
      CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 
      Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU
       
       
      ADDITIONAL DSDT's & Older EFI’s (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)
       
       
      Alternative EFI - OpenCore No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it (03/03/2020)
       

      Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore (03/03/2020)
       
       
      To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
      https://www.olarila.com/forum/17-dsdt-patch-requests/
      (If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)
       
       
      If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
      disablehibernate.command
       
       
      ADDITONAL DOWNLOADS
      mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f10
      Clover
      Clover Configurator
      Kext Updater
      RepairPermissions
       
       
      OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS
      BroadcomFix.zip   (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
      Hackintool
      IORegistryExplorer
      Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
       
       
      BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C)
       
      • Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
       
      • Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
      • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
      • Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
      • Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Disabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
       
      • Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup
       
       
      SCREENSHOTS

       
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

    • By Rohan20
      Opencore is running really really slow on Catalina 10.15.4. So It was running perfectly before I put the ssdt-pnlf for enabling Brightness control. it is running really slow and I verified my config with the sanity checker and its all correct. can someone please help. I am attaching my oc folder.

       
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/drkek0eaz19ina5/OC.zip?dl=0
       
    • By tlefko
      Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. Highly recommend using DW1560 wifi card, killer wifi isn't supported. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I take no credit for. I am only responsible for minor changes in files and plists, as well as placement and instructions throughout the guide (as well as the work used from previous projects). Many files and ideas are sourced from @maz-1, @syscl, and my previous guides Granted, many files are similar or the same but there is significantly less of them and/or they are predeployed into spots where they will work just as well, even if not as efficient on bootup. Esentially, this guide is designed to provide a perfectly working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without optimization (because often they can break things). Most patches on the main plist use patches implemented by him as well. ****This guide does work excellently however and will provide you with a near perfect setup for Catalina for your XPS 9350, and is currently my daily driver as I struggled using the referenced users files as well.
      Styling
      This guide is designed to be literally as thorough as possible to appeal to those who really don't understand many of the things in @maz-1's guide or some of the other users as they assume you would already understand this information. It does not cover complex topics like undervolting etc etc Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, works great no issues with sleep, wakeup. power management is defaulted as I found with @maz-1 it had issues when on battery switching from AC USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) Haven't implemented a Bluetooth solution into this yet, as I don't really use it -- will be added ASAP (I believe KILLER WIFI will NOT work, must use one of the supported chipsets (DW1560 is excellent) BIOS Setup
      Set all SATA operation as AHCI Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot For Coil Whine improvement disable C-States Enable UEFI Booting Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Format a USB (16GB) as Journaled and then proceed to download the latest Catalina Installer Patcher Application Download the latest Catalina installer from within the Patcher App, and select to download a new copy and install to your USB device Download the clover configurator application and mount the EFI of the USB partition, then copy the contents of the Files linked above to the EFI Folder within the EFI partition. ** This is because the App Store installers will often not download a full installer, just an truncated version that downloads the installer files from the interent while installing. Thus, they're not bootable from a USB as they're not complete. That is why you should use this method to make sure the installer is usable for bootable media.
      Install Steps
      Simply use F12 to boot from the USB device, and select the USB Device and then boot from the Install mac OS partition. I have defaulted the installer to boot into verbose mode so I can easily see the errors you guys are seeing if you encounter them. If everything goes well, you can disable these from the boot arguments selection of Clover Configurator Boot into the USB Device, and follow the steps to format your SSD from the installer to install Mac OS Catalina. NOTE THE TRACKPAD WILL NOT FUNCTION AT THIS POINT, BUT THE TOUCHSCREEN WILL. This is caused by the way the installer handles Kext loading but because the touchscreen is being loaded via usb and the keyboard in a different method (which I can explain in detail if you'd like, the install will be possible. Do not be alarmed if the installer takes a long time to boot into, this is expected Once you have done this step, use F12 to select the USB and boot into the installer from the SSD in the options menu. (you cannot boot natively yet as the EFI isn't copied into the SSD yet. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now we will add this as a native boot option. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now will we add this as a boot entry so you can always boot from this natively without the USB. Boot Entry Setup
      Boot into the BIOS of the computer, then navigate to the Boot setup (or entries (not sure what it is called exactly, but it will be a list of the options your computer selects to boot) Click add new, and make sure the USB isn't plugged in. Select the only option that is avaiable, and in FS0 navigate to Boot/BOOTx64. Add this as an entry, then select this as whatever priority you would like. Credits
      Credit Hackintosher.com for basic patches (although @syscl) covered some Credit to @Rehabman Credit to @syscl Kexts, and his contributers (@maz-1) Messages and Facetime
      Using Clover Configuator generate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of documentation, just don't open these apps until you've done this properly. Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Files can be downloaded here, and issues and help requests can be said here or opened into the GitHub page. Please @ me for a faster response on this page, as I am not that attentive, also, feel free to PM me.  Github: https://github.com/tlefko/XPS13-9350-Catalina Thanks for reading! Files.zip
    • By Teress
      I built the world’s fastest, most powerful, ultimate Hackintosh in 2020! 2019 Mac Pro cannot compete with my build!  Real 2019 Mac Pro killer! Real Monster. Watch here
      https://youtu.be/A-1aFfToXzk
×