AudioGod

AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

2,437 posts in this topic

Just now, benjiolino said:

Oh wow I'm sorry you are right. I just researched and you can find a lot of websites the claim it has the 9900KF but you find more that claim 9900k. I guess that's fake news then and Linus is wrong. Pahh. Thanks for your help.

I did a geekbench on a real iMac just to show you. 
no worries mate :hysterical::hysterical:

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

I used the original EFI from thread 1 and had several problems with NVRAM problems couldn't allocate runtime area.
Today I used the latest EFI update 03/01/2020. 19.1 Aurus Z390 Pro RX Polaris EFI. It seems to run fine and rebooted during tests with sleep and chrome.

But sleep is not working and if it tries to sleep apparently the graphics card makes a repeating noise that is hard to hear.

Using iMac 19.1 profile.

How to get sleep working?

My setup:

Auros Z390 Pro (F11)

I7-9700K
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX580
Samsung 970 EVO

All bios setting as advised.

Edited by Musician66
Solved Sleep problem by removing firewire card.

Does anybody have any idea why Logitech GHUB is not fully detecting peripherals? My mouse model is showing but its "not connected", very strange.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, fart pants said:

Does anybody have any idea why Logitech GHUB is not fully detecting peripherals? My mouse model is showing but its "not connected", very strange.

It’s a problem people have with a real Mac using that hub too and it’s always the mouse that’s the problem. Just put it on a it’s own usb Input and not via the hub.

30 minutes ago, Musician66 said:

I used the original EFI from thread 1 and had several problems with NVRAM problems couldn't allocate runtime area.
Today I used the latest EFI update 03/01/2020. 19.1 Aurus Z390 Pro RX Polaris EFI. It seems to run fine and rebooted during tests with sleep and chrome.

But sleep is not working and if it tries to sleep apparently the graphics card makes a repeating noise that is hard to hear.

Using iMac 19.1 profile.

How to get sleep working?

My setup:

Auros Z390 Pro (F11)

I7-9700K
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX580
Samsung 970 EVO

All bios setting as advised.

are you using any sort of AIO in your build?

if so what one?

Edited by AudioGod

Done some more GPU testing with GeekBench 5

System setup is no Whatevergreen.kext with InjectIntel, non headless mode ie gpu 1 is intel 630 and gpu 2 is the Vega 56...

1999466816_ScreenshotGB5vega.Metal.thumb.png.6c1dc926872cf6cb6e119604cfa1b2ea.png

804009827_ScreenshotGB5Vega.OpenCL.thumb.png.b256f621dc72d8ef2cae806992908b6c.png

469364521_ScreenshotGB5KBL.OpenCL.thumb.png.2113a12f8dabbefb29e58665583ab2eb.png

with this setup I'm able to test the intel 630 separately but alas freezes using the Metal bench test. OpenCL is fine.

with this setup Booting is faster, Final Cut Pro is more responsive and does not drop frames with HEVC very high bit videos (tested with HEVC 4K 1.5Gb 400mbps jelly fish vid) but look below...

System now Headless with Whatevergreen...

1621805972_ScreenshotGB5.Whatevergreen.Vega56.OpenCL.thumb.png.e54f74285b09bf001a45c8064d6b73b4.png

Screenshot_GB5.WhatevergreenVega56.Metal.thumb.png.d714c24761505ed71de438039eed0143.png

I kept on running the tests and this is the average score.

Screenshot_GB5.sixthTry.Metal.Vega56.Whatevergreen..thumb.png.b96422cca90c40c59ff4bb81779d7675.png

Now with this setup I Black screen at login and have to reconnect my thunderbolt 3 monitor, but as you can see bench marks are better in headless mode but Final cut takes a hit with HEVC. I will test some more...

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, fart pants said:

Done some more GPU testing with GeekBench 5

System setup is no Whatevergreen.kext with InjectIntel, non headless mode ie gpu 1 is intel 630 and gpu 2 is the Vega 56...

1999466816_ScreenshotGB5vega.Metal.thumb.png.6c1dc926872cf6cb6e119604cfa1b2ea.png

804009827_ScreenshotGB5Vega.OpenCL.thumb.png.b256f621dc72d8ef2cae806992908b6c.png

469364521_ScreenshotGB5KBL.OpenCL.thumb.png.2113a12f8dabbefb29e58665583ab2eb.png

with this setup I'm able to test the intel 630 separately but alas freezes using the Metal bench test. OpenCL is fine.

with this setup Booting is faster, Final Cut Pro is more responsive and does not drop frames with HEVC very high bit videos (tested with HEVC 4K 1.5Gb 400mbps jelly fish vid) but look below...

System now Headless with Whatevergreen...

1621805972_ScreenshotGB5.Whatevergreen.Vega56.OpenCL.thumb.png.e54f74285b09bf001a45c8064d6b73b4.png

Screenshot_GB5.WhatevergreenVega56.Metal.thumb.png.d714c24761505ed71de438039eed0143.png

I kept on running the tests and this is the average score.

Screenshot_GB5.sixthTry.Metal.Vega56.Whatevergreen..thumb.png.b96422cca90c40c59ff4bb81779d7675.png

Now with this setup I Black screen at login and have to reconnect my thunderbolt 3 monitor, but as you can see bench marks are better in headless mode but Final cut takes a hit with HEVC. I will test some more...

there’s no need to tell us your results bro as we know all of this already and like I told you from the beginning having your igpu enabled fully and not in headless mode was wrong.

your gonna take a hit in performance when you do anything that kicks in the igpu as your vega will do it better on it’s own,

One  option for you would be to use smbios 1,1 with the igpu disabled so that way your vega would be fully in charge, only downside of 1,1 is your lose Sidecar but I don’t think that’s the biggest deal personally.

lastly geekbench is one bugged out program to use and take a baseline score from as the score moves around way to much to take seriously. 
I hope that all helps pal. :) 
on a side note, using Catalina without WEG works for sure with the vega or navi Gpus but you lose displayport output and performance in certain scenarios like playing Rocket League take a huge hit in things like the 1% lows. 

Edited by AudioGod

38 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s a problem people have with a real Mac using that hub too and it’s always the mouse that’s the problem. Just put it on a it’s own usb Input and not via the hub.

Tried that bud but no joy... all ports on back io.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, fart pants said:

Tried that bud but no joy... all ports on back io.

Sorry Bro I mean don’t plug the mouse into the hub and plug it into its own input in the back of your hack. Or do you mean your mouse won’t work no matter where you plug it into hub or no hub?

Edited by AudioGod

44 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

are you using any sort of AIO in your build?

if so what one?

The only add-on I have is a double Firewire card PCIe in PCI X1. slot. Startech PEX1394A2

9 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

there’s no need to tell us your results bro as we know all of this already and like I told you from the beginning having your igpu enabled fully and not in headless mode was wrong.

your gonna take a hit in performance when you do anything that kicks in the igpu as your vega will do it better on it’s own,

One  option for you would be to use smbios 1,1 with the igpu disabled so that way your vega would be fully in charge, only downside of 1,1 is your lose Sidecar but I don’t think that’s the biggest deal personally.

lastly geekbench is one bugged out program to use and take a baseline score from as the score moves around way to much to take seriously. 
I hope that all helps pal. :) 
on a side note, using Catalina without WEG works for sure with the vega or navi Gpus but you lose displayport output and performance in certain scenarios like playing Rocket League take a huge hit in things like the 1% lows. 

I get you, but In my case headless is not wrong. I saw I had an issue with HEVC so I experimented and found headless to perform poorer with HEVC/final cut. That's why I thought it might be helpful if users with or without your efi that use Final Cut Pro and have issues to test for themselves.  I'm not saying to anybody to change their setup. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, fart pants said:

I get you, but In my case headless is not wrong. I saw I had an issue with HEVC so I experimented and found headless to perform poorer with HEVC/final cut. That's why I thought it might be helpful if users with or without your efi that use Final Cut Pro and have issues to test for themselves.  I'm not saying to anybody to change their setup. 

Headless is correct I’m saying using it fully and in a non headless way like you were is wrong buddy.

my EFI is setup out of the box for headless igpu use. That’s how it’s done mate from the off.

Or you can also switch to smbios 1,1 with igpu disabled and everything will work perfectly bar Sidecar.  (19,1 with igpu disabled will give you real poor results but 1,1 with igpu disabled will give you much better results and in some cases better then 19,1 igpu enabled)

:wallbash:

I just got to add that reading all your tests your conclusion so far is to use the EFI the way I intended it to be used (with igpu enabled headless and with WEG) :hysterical:

if your injecting the igpu in clover still and you can see the igpu in system preferences then you have it set up all wrong pal. I’m only trying to help you do things the right way.

Edited by AudioGod

Heads up my Friends,

Im off to CES2020 later for the length of the event so I might not be around to help or update anything for this week but I will still be poking my nose in when I’m bored or at the hotel.

Have fun while I’m away People :thumbsup_anim:

36 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Heads up my Friends,

Im off to CES2020 later for the length of the event so I might not be around to help or update anything for this week but I will still be poking my nose in when I’m bored or at the hotel.

Have fun while I’m away People :thumbsup_anim:

Have fun!

I'm a little confused. I have an i7-8700 with a Radeon VII. Which EFI should I use for maximum performance? 1,1 or 19,1? I run FCPX, Resolve and Premiere depending on the project. I'm running your latest EFI 19,1 and it seems to run well, but haven't really pushed it. Thank you.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Filmluver said:

I'm a little confused. I have an i7-8700 with a Radeon VII. Which EFI should I use for maximum performance? 1,1 or 19,1? I run FCPX, Resolve and Premiere depending on the project. I'm running your latest EFI 19,1 and it seems to run well, but haven't really pushed it. Thank you.

19,1 is the correct smbios to use however if you use apps that use quick sync then the igpu steps in and because a Radeon VII is much more capable the igpu may slow down how long it should take.

using 1,1 with igpu disabled puts all the work on the Radeon VII when your encoding or anything like that. Only you can decide what smbios works best for your build buddy.

try and compare.

One downside of 1,1 is you have no Sidecar.

Edited by AudioGod

Posted (edited)

Hello, everybody!

Great thanks @AudioGod and @Sharkus for their work.

Via your manuals I successfully installed Catalina 10.15.2 on Z390 Elite. Works SideCar and I am not see any errors, except one - iMassage and others do not work.

I unsuccessfully tried three times steps from PART 6 – ENABLE IMESSAGES & FACETIME in "Glasgood's macOS Catalina [INSTALL GUIDE] Aorus Z390 Pro & Z390 Master". 

I guess the reason is the hardware, but not sure.

My first Hackintosh hardware:

Case - Zalman N2
CPU cooler - GameMax Gamma 500 RGB
CPU - Intel I7 9700 (without letters)
MB - GigaByte Z390 AORUS Elite/StarWars
PSU - 700W Be Quiet, "PURE POWER 11", 4*PCI-E, 120mm, Gold80+
RAM - DDR4 64GB (16GB*4) Corsair VENGEANCE AirFlow LPX 2666 [CMK128GX4M8A2666C16]
SSD - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Video - ASUS RX580 8GB
WiFi & Bluetooth - BCM943602CS in PCI-E (installed like wrote in @AudioGod's manual)

EFI 03/01/2020 19,1 Aorus Z390 Pro RX Polaris EFI

BIOS F10a, settings from @Sharkus's profile with one change - VT-d Enabled (I need Docker).

Can somebody helps me? What can I make better?

Edited by skinhorserame

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@pkdesign Replace these .efi files in your EFI with these updated ones and let me know if that stops the problem you have @512m?

OcQuirks R12.zip

It works now! I upped the DVMT preallocation to 512M and total to MAX.

Is there a reason I should keep this so high?

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

It works now! I upped the DVMT preallocation to 512M and total to MAX.

Is there a reason I should keep this so high?

No keep it at 64m I just wanted to fix that for you as your system should of booted fine the first time you tried it and my ocd couldn’t allow that, nothing more bud just enjoy. :hysterical:

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

19,1 is the correct smbios to use however if you use apps that use quick sync then the igpu steps in and because a Radeon VII is much more capable the igpu may slow down how long it should take.

using 1,1 with igpu disabled puts all the work on the Radeon VII when your encoding or anything like that. Only you can decide what smbios works best for your build buddy.

try and compare.

One downside of 1,1 is you have no Sidecar.

Thanks for the info. Is the 1,1 EFI that you recommend for Radion VII, the one that's on the first page under the old EFI list dated "30/10/2019"? If so I'll try and compare.

Can someone let me know if I have a bad HDMI cable or what but here's my setup below and I'm getting flickering screen at 4K?

Mobo: Aorus Z390 Pro

DSDT: from here (RXxxx and Nvidia)

Graphics: Saphire RX580

Monitor: https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/uhd-and-wqhd/32-sr75-4k-uhd-space-monitor-ls32r750uenxza/

Clover boot UI seems to be OK at lower res however when kicks into full 4K, it flickers (initial saw some content at 4K and then gone). I'm guessing my HDMI cable can't handle 4K @ 60Hz but wanted to post here.

7 hours ago, vboyz103 said:

Can someone let me know if I have a bad HDMI cable or what but here's my setup below and I'm getting flickering screen at 4K?

Mobo: Aorus Z390 Pro

DSDT: from here (RXxxx and Nvidia)

Graphics: Saphire RX580

Monitor: https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/uhd-and-wqhd/32-sr75-4k-uhd-space-monitor-ls32r750uenxza/

Clover boot UI seems to be OK at lower res however when kicks into full 4K, it flickers (initial saw some content at 4K and then gone). I'm guessing my HDMI cable can't handle 4K @ 60Hz but wanted to post here.

Very hard for someone else without the same monitor to tell you whether it’s an HDMI cable issue. I’m running 4K with my Samsung 29” monitor without any problem via display port.

You can always try using another high quality cable or a display port cable if your monitor supports it.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, skinhorserame said:

Hello, everybody!

Great thanks @AudioGod and @Sharkus for their work.

Via your manuals I successfully installed Catalina 10.15.2 on Z390 Elite. Works SideCar and I am not see any errors, except one - iMassage and others do not work.

Can somebody helps me? What can I make better?

Resolved myself.

My mistake was login iMessage with just created test AppleId (not my real).

I cleaned system as wrote in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ and login with real AppleId. Works fine.

Again Great thanks @AudioGod and @Sharkus for their work - all works!

Edited by skinhorserame

Happy new year everyone! So, i decided to stick with 1,1 for now. 19,1 randomly boots to black screens with dual monitor setup (Vega 64, 1 displayport, 1 hdmi). It does it even with 1 monitor and my pro 40 fw card turned on. Maybe 19,1 is suited better for Catalina rigs? I am stickin w Mojave atm i need some 32 apps. With 1,1 everytime boot simply works.