E6540 - Working EFI Attached - Mojave 10.14.5 working except HDMI Sound Sync with TV and Webcam

r00tdvd

12 posts in this topic

I have E6540 working almost perfectly fine with Mojave 10.14.5 except for couple of things:-

1- HDMI audio not syncing properly with TV ! I never had that issue.

2- Webcam is not working and I need it for meetings and stuff.

I have attached my fully working EFI.zip also the clover origin dump E6540_origin.zip files.

I am also wondering is it possible now to get the E6540 to work with the AMD Radeon HD 8790M instead of the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 but also get the HDMI working the with TV?

2 hours ago, apple tech geek said:

just wondering. how did you get intel 4600 working? I can't get it working on my e6540 for some reason. 

Under the Graphics section use InjectIntel=True and use ig-platform-id=0x0d22000B in the config.plist.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't need them in the end, thanks for the reply!

I have a smoothly running E6540, day switched to Catalina. I got everything working, only issue is static noise on headphones, have to make a new topology for AppleALC I guess as layout id 12 doesn't do the trick. If you need a kext for your webcam or anything else let me know!

Edited by pilar

Sure.

A few things:

I have a 4810MQ with 16gig ram, make sure you check the patched ACPI folder and adjust accordingly.

Everything works smoothly apart from 2 things:

After wake from lid I have to press any button to activate the screen, otherwise it stays off. This is a minor annoyance, I would love to solve it though so if you figure it out let me know.

Headphones don't work, as in I get crackling noise and need to solve it. In Mojave I used this: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/fix-audio-distortion-when-using-headphones-on-laptops.185/

In Catalina doesn't seem to work. If you figure it out let me know.

I have removed the SMBIOS part from config.plist, you can create your own. Use MacbookPro 11,1.

EFI.zip

Solved the audio issue, if you have it as well here's what you have to do:

- remove alcid arguments from boot.

- Inject=No in Clover/Devices/Audio

- Install codeccommander.kext in L/E/

- Insert this in your config.plist:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>layout-id</key>
				<data>DAAAAA==</data>
			</dict>

After sleep/wake, the issue is back and you need to restart.

There is a chance that your laptop will freeze after wake with this solution, in that case add the following 2 lines in the above code:

<key>No-hda-gfx</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAA=</data>

Use AppleALC.kext 1.4.7, previous versions(or at least 1.4.3 and below) won't work.

Bear in mind that by doing this you're disabling HDMI audio out, so you need to see what's more important to you. As I understand it, this is an issue between AppleALC.kext and Clover and is probably solved by switching to opencore, but I don't feel like trying that for now:)

Edited by pilar