davidm71

GT 740 Black screen with pointer at login

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Was trying to figure out how to fix when I boot into Mojave I get a black screen after the apple logo With Clover latest and Mojave 10.14.5.  If I unhook the dvi cable and plug it back in sometimes the login screen shows up and I have full graphic acceleration but every time I reboot or if the system comes out of sleep again it’s back with the black screen. So as I understand I need to patch my dsdt or rather make one first and edit Framebuffer. So I am a little lost and need help or pointed in the right direction as far as what I got to do.

thanks

Advertisement

No worries guys. I went off topic bitching about not playing my Destiny 2. Anyhow I have tried every thing such as doing AGDP patches and EDID patches or Whatever Green and still all I get is a working pointer and that's it! Going to Best Buy to get an AMD card. Didn't want to cross the line and go AMD but I guess I have to. Hope the R5 220 will work. Its cheap at $40. They also have an RX 550 at $110. All by XFX.

Hope this works. Nothing like spending money..

Thanks anyhow.

Edited by davidm71
whatever green

Well turns out the two AMD cards they had at bestbuy after some research are not compatible with Mojave. That includes the R5 220 Core and the RX 550. So I am going to stick with it for the long haul until I figure this out. Its got to be something simple. Anyhow pulled my ACPI tables and working on patching them. Lets see if that helps.

Found a fix!!! But not sure exactly what was the cause but hot on its trail!!

Seems like my original Mojave Clover USB stick works without a hitch!!!

So I copied that back into my EFI folder on my main drive and now every thing is working very nice.

What was the cause?? I don't know and I don't think I care but I am curious...

Thanks